2009 Hyundai Elantra

Based on 451 Ratings for the 2007 - 2010 models.

GOOD CAR, BUT!

By on Friday, September 9, 2016

Pros: "GREAT GAS MILEAGE, ROOMY, FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "ABS BREAK SYSTEM"

"GOOD LITTLE CAR, BUT HAD MAJOR PROBLEM WITH ABS SYSTEM WHICH DIED AT 46000 MILES. DEALER WANTED $3000 TO INSTALL NEW ONE, BUT I FOUND A GREAT INDEPENDENT MECHANIC TO PUT A USED 2009 ELANTA ABS PART IN FOR $800.00 IT WORKS GREAT. STILL A FUN CAR TO HAVE AND DRIVE."

Reliable, good quality vehilcle

By on Thursday, January 8, 2009

"I love my car! I have driven it about 46,000 miles and have had absolutely no problems with it. I recently took my car on a 16 hour trip and it had no problems. The gas milage is great! Always in the 30's. The car is comfortable and super easy to drive in the snow. This car has never been sideways on me. The ABS is something to get used to, but seems to work well. When I first had the car, I found that the anti-lock brakes didn't always kick on when you needed it, but now that my car is broken in, they work every time. I recommend this car for anyone who wants a reliable, comfortable car with good gas milage!"

Great!

By on Monday, June 9, 2008

"In the midst of such a severe economic downturn (dare I say the "R" word?) and rising gas prices, the Elantra is the perfect car! It's extremely reasonably prices as well as equipped. Sometimes, I do wish I got the SE trim for the moon roof and steering wheel controls...ah well...on my next car! On an average day, I get about 29-30 mpg. The cabin feels a lot bigger than it looks. I've had this car since about 02/08. The only issue I've had is that the spring in the trunk gets loose every now and then. Then, there's a rattle but it's easy to fix! My bf really wanted me to get a Toyota or Honda at first. Then I showed him a price break down with taxes and licenses. I think he might love my car more than I do sometimes! We drive my car everywhere!! (He has a Tacoma.) This is definitely going to end up a high mileage vehicle for us...hopefully, the Hyundai prices don't jump up too much in the future! I realize the perfomance isn't a 5 star compared to Honda but for the price, I'll gladly give it a 5! It's a wonderful all around value!"

2007 ELANTRA LIMITED

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"I have owned a 2001 Honda Civic for 3 1/2 yrs. I ended up renting an Elantra and drove it 620 miles and fell in love. I got 36 mpg in the Elantra I rented which was at 8300 miles at the time. The engine responsiveness I felt was if anything better than the Civic's on the Hwy. The extra room, conveniences, and both the cabin quietness and smooth ride was TERRIFIC COMPARED TO MY CIVIC!, I was SOLD! Love the blue dash lights too! Checked the consumer reports and set out to own one. The luxury feel of my new limited model for a relatively economical price for a new car is awesome. I am on the road a lot and still can not get over the smooth ride. For the first time in my 47 years I truely LOVE my car. Can not attest to the engine reliability as yet seeing I have only owned my car for 30 days..but do know the warranty is awesome. However I hope it goes unneeded. Presently I could not be more pleased."

Very reliable

By on Monday, July 27, 2015

Pros: "Price, comfort, reliability"

Cons: "Can be sluggish on hills,"

"I'm the original owner and have only done regular maintenance and I have more than 185,000 miles on it. I have never had any major problems or issues. I have just done tune-ups, changed my belts and change my oil regularly. The only problem is I have had to buy tires more often than any other car I've own. I would buy this type of car again and would recommend it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals