2006 Hyundai Elantra

8.3

Based on 905 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Worst car ever!

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Reason: Horrible car

Pros: "It runs"

Cons: "Constant breakdowns"

"Bought this car with 40,000 miles. Sold it with 47,000 miles. In that time, the following broke: door handle, gas gauge, radiator, radio antenna, key ignition, HVAC actuator, wheel hub and a few other misc parts. Everything made with cheapest plastic components. If you encounter anything on the road stouter than a plastic spoon, something on this car will break."

jkolney

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage, reliable"

Cons: "hard on tires"

"I purchased this car with 113,000 miles on it and it no has 199,000. I've only had to replace the brakes and a pipe running to the steering fluid pump. Overall it's been very reliable. My one big complaint with this car is how it has run through tires. It seems like every year I'm having to replace the tires, even after an alignment. Overall though it's held up very well."

First commuter car

By on Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pros: "gas-sipper"

Cons: "cheap interior"

"Bought a 2004 Hyundai Elantra GT at 54K miles. So far, after 100K it is still strong and going. Had no major problems until it hit 98K. Only few minor transmission problems. Drives good but not a lot of feedback. It is like one does not feel the sense of "belonging" in this car. But given the status of gas prices, I would keep and drive this gas-sipper till wheels-fall-off. Interior is very basic and cheap plastic. Makes you feel like you are in your grandma's old car. It is very versatile since it is a hatchback, so just fold down the back seats and you can throw in a small/medium size furniture like computer table and bunch of chairs with ease. Although, it has 132 HP engine, it accelerates very fast because it is a light weight car. Good basic commuter car."

its almost new

By on Sunday, October 9, 2011

"this is one of the best cars I have owned. It's reliable and great on gas. I've driven it out of state and across the country."

Like a Timex...

By on Monday, June 7, 2010

"Takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I purchased my Elantra in 2004 and it had 35,000 miles on it. Now, in 2010 I have 190,000 miles on it and it's still running strong. I've had to change spark plugs or wires twice. Oil changes at 5,000 miles (not 3,000). A couple minor repairs (each one under $250). Changed timing belt, etc twice. That's it. I really think I can push this thing to 250k and beyond. Not the most fun vehicle, but it'll get you from A to B reliably."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals