2004 Hyundai Elantra

8.3

Based on 897 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Incredible for the money!

By on Friday, January 18, 2008

"I bought this car new in Jan. '04. It is a Gt so it has the leather, sunroof, ABS, Traction control, plus the blue dashboard lights! which silly as it is sold me totally! For the first two years of having this car, there were not that many more on the road, an unbelievable amount of people came up to it and would look around couldn't believe how nice it was and that it was a Hyundai! Everyone thought it was a SAAB. My employer who saw it everyday thought I drove a Saab for almost a year! Mechanical: I have not had a single mechanical problem in over 4 years. It is still as new! Changed the oil somewhat regularly, changed the original windshield wipers and tires. The only thing that has been damaged in 4 years of 80+ miles almost every day was that the leather tore on the bottom of the passenger seat. I have no idea how it happened and you can barely see it so I don't worry about it. I am up to 78,000 miles on it and it still runs and looks like new. Performance is great. I have the 5 speed which makes a big difference. As far as comfort, the passenger cabin is a lot larger as far as leg room goes than all the other makes in its class. I am a really tall girl and researched this fact greatly. But, after 4 years and riding in SUV's occasionally I would like a bigger car. When I wear heels my legs hit the stearing wheel. I hate that!"

Good Vehicle for the money, and a lucky catch

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "comfortable car, good , reliable transportation"

Cons: "a few minor paint blemishes and power mirror broke"

"I was fortunate to buy a 2006 Hyundai Elantra that only had 55,000k well maintained miles. They showed me the carfax records, the car had been properly maintained every 4000 miles since it was bought new at that dealer. Only 1 owner. The car was like brand new on the outside, no scratches anywhere, no oxidation, a few minor paint blemishes on the front bumper and the headlights had a bit of yellow haze but other than that the car was like brand new. Inside and out very clean. So because it was nearing the 60k mark I decided to take it to the mechanic and dropped $850 on new timing belt, new water pump, flush and refill transmission fluid, and drain and refill with new engine oil synthetic along with new filter. They did the whole kit for the timing belt all new (1) - Timing Belt (1) - Water Pump (1) - Water Pump Gasket (1) - Tensioner (1) - Idler plus they had to drain and refill the radiator, flush and fill the tranny, and do the oil and filter change. Car also had 4 brand new tires on it when I bought it. It's all mine free and clear now and runs great. Driving it gentle and doing all proper maintenance. I should be driving this car for at least another 6 years as a commuter car. Good thing is no more car payments, low insurance, up to date with all my maintenance, I should have reliable dependable transportation and hopefully no mechanical headaches for quite a while."

jkolney

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage, reliable"

Cons: "hard on tires"

"I purchased this car with 113,000 miles on it and it no has 199,000. I've only had to replace the brakes and a pipe running to the steering fluid pump. Overall it's been very reliable. My one big complaint with this car is how it has run through tires. It seems like every year I'm having to replace the tires, even after an alignment. Overall though it's held up very well."

My wife and I love this car it gets good mileage.

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "Great price. Fun to drive. Compact size."

Cons: "Don't make it anymore."

"It has awesome storage room. Gets very good gas mileage. It's compact size makes it easy to park and maneuver around parking lots."

Great fun car

By on Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pros: "mpg, relability, fun, easy to drive/park"

Cons: "interior is boring, Window switch broke"

"I have owned this car for 5 months, It runs great, allays starts right up, very good on gas, quick when it needs to be, lightweight, so many things you can do to it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals