2012 Hyundai Azera

Based on 66 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

2016 Azera Limied

By on Monday, December 19, 2016

Pros: "Easy to drive, compltely loaded"

"Very complete car and problem free. We have almost 2500 miles on it and am quite surprised the gas mileage is better with this than the 2015 Sonata Limited we had. Don't get me wrong the Sonata was nice when it wasn't broke, 5 times in 2000 miles mostly electrical that is what caused us to switch. Being a lease the dealer worked with us on both what we got for the Sonata and the price for the Azera. First looking at specs you might think it's the same thing well not quite. It feels larger and definitely more power. Cars were very much like equipped the same other that V6 vs V4, power adjusted steering wheel, power sun screen for rear window and 19" tires. The Azera rides very well and handles like a dream. Then the Sonata had so many problems we started looking at other cars in the same size group. Went and tested many, keeping 3 or 4 for weekends but had always returned them thinking not quite what we're looking for. Finally we returned to a different Hyundai dealer to look at the Azera. We kept that Azera three days and were sold but that dealer wanted to basically steal the Sonata and charge full price for he Azera so it was back to where we leased the Sonata and as I said they worked with us saving us roughly $12,000/14,000. Now seeing we're both 69 and basically drive little (we'll never reach 100,000 much less 50,000 miles) this will be a life time car for us. I really can't think of anything we would want or need on this car."

By on Thursday, December 8, 2016

Pros: "Looks and overall quality"

Cons: "Tires slightly tpp noisy on some surfaces"

"Looks and drives well. Ride slightly harsh on cement highways...smooth and quiet on blacktop. Base model comes fully loaded except for sunroof and larger wheels."

Best vehicle I have ever purchased.

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pros: "Style, ride, drive and reliable"

"I just recently purchased a used 2012 Azera. It was kept in excellent condition and she is amazing. The ride and feel is great. I have owned a Accent, Elantra and a Sonota and this a definite upgrade. I love the color which is black on black. I also love the fact that you don't see many of these on the road. I was going to purchase a Mercedes but I am glad that I changed my mind. It is very sleek and stylish and it definitely turns heads. I will forever be a faithful Hyundai driver."

Great car

By on Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I just bought this car in June... I come from driving a 2006 dodge charger rt... And considering I am 37 married I didn't think the charger was the car for me anymore... I loved it don't get me wrong, te power, the style, but the gas mileage was terrible, I wanted to save money on gas, but still have a big car as I am 6'5" and 335lbs, I will tell u the Azera has so much cabin room, is quick, great looking , full of extras I purchased the tech package, only way to go... The car turns heads of Lexus and Mercedes owners, I don't even care that Hyundai copies, Lexus, Mercedes, and infinity... I am glad I didn't have to pay their prices... Walked out the dealer paying 34215..."

Love my NEW 2014 AZERA.......

By on Saturday, December 26, 2015

"Went to the dealership to look at the Sonata, since I had narrowed my choices (wanted quality, style, warranty and good pricing. Getting out of a 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe, that was a lease and I couldn't see out of it well (I am 5'-4"), it didn't have a backup camera and the gas mileage was killing me). I go into the show room and there it is.......the prettiest red metallic car with chrome and neat black roof, good looking wheels and when I opened the door I was awed. Two tone camel leather and dark brown accents and more chrome. Turns out it was an AZERA, which I had never heard of or noticed, but I was noticing this one. The salesman told me all the features and that this one was actually a 2014 with 37 miles on it and he could make me a DEAL. I called my fiancee and had him come and see this beauty (HE IS A CAR GUY). He agreed it was great looking and sporty, and he got all the specs, cost, etc. We ended up getting the dealer to buy out the lease, put several thousand $ on top of that towards the new car and got a great price and we drove it home that day (I have great credit, so that really helped). We just put @5,000 trouble free miles on this beauty (my man, put leather cream all over the camel colored leather to make it withstand spills, waxed it and it still stands out in the crowd. It gets GREAT gas mileage and all the options, interior LED lighting accents, fold up side mirrows....all things my Cadillac didn't have at a lot less money with a great warranty. Drives and runs like a dream."

Love this car! A LOT of car for the money!

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Price and equipment"

Cons: "Wish mileage was a bit better"

"This car is comparable or even better than a Mercedes C class. There are a few 'high' end items that could be used - i.e. real wood grain. BUT for what you get, front and rear heated seats, NAV and tech package this car is a steal!"

My favorite car I've ever had!

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

"I wanted a BMW or Mercedes because of the looks and features, but this car has given me everything that those cars have except the badge. I love the looks and the features are unbelievable."

Amazing Car

By on Monday, September 3, 2012

Pros: "Great Features, Powerful V6, Stunning looks"

Cons: "a Hyundai badge"

"I was planning to buy a car for around 30K and was leaning toward the VW CC. But then I visited Hyundai just out of curiosity to test drive the Hyundai Sonata limited package. Then I saw the new Azera in the showroom... and it was impressive in every possible way. I drove the Sonata and the Azera and to be honest, Azera is far superior in terms of power, smoothness and ride quality. For me, I am a big fan of relaxing cruise cars that have ample horsepower in the freeway. Azera is just that. For $32,000 MSRP, you get the nice Navi, Backup Camera, Premium leather powered seats, HD satellite radio, dual zone climate, Voice Command, Bluetooth, heated seats in front and back (yes, back seats are heated as well!) and a powerful 293-hp V6 that truly can achieve 29mpg in the highway. The car also looks amazing with its LED accented Headlights and LED taillights. I have driven it 9000 miles in just 3 months and so far it has exceeded my expectations. It's probably the best car for the money out there at the moment. Also, it has the best warranty package out there."

Beautiful lines and great gas mileage

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "Size, MPG, looks"

Cons: "Out of date maps, road feel"

"I got the base model & it comes loaded - back up camera, dual AC, power everything, but if I had to get this car again I would get the tech package just to get the high discharge lights and the drivers extra long thigh support. Very spacious inside and beautiful to look at, highway and around town MPG are outstanding, the back up camera is the greatest thing ever, but road feel could defenitely be improved and the maps that came with the GPS were out of date when I bought the Azera - Hyundai said it was the newest one they had and contact their contractor to buy an update when ever it comes out."

5 Star Quality Car

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Pros: "Everything about this car is first class"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"I love the Azera. It has every option I would want and they all come standard. The car has 300 hp and rides like a luxury car should. Best looking car on the road. I've owned it 2 years now and had absolutely no problems with it. Gas milage is excellent. Everything I want in a car and best car I've ever owned. Can't believe they don't sell this car for way more. A huge bargain. Thank you Hyundai."

Awesome Car

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

"Love this car! Smooth driving vehicle, great performance and handling. Comfortable interior, very roomy...lots of leg room."

Great value for a car with all of these anemities!

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Great price and dependability."

Cons: "Some wind noise, steering."

Before delivery 2012-04

"So far there have been no mechanical or other problems. Steering is not as precise as I would prefer. Road noise is slightly more that the 2007 Lexus ES350 I owned. Good looking car with a great and comfortable interior."

Before delivery 2012-04

Have had this car for one year AND I LOVE IT.

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Terrific value, great tech, solid ride, comfort."

Cons: "None found so far."

"I traded in a 2008 Mercedes Benz E-350 when I bought this "used" 2012 Hyundai Azera that had 10,200 on it when I got it. I actually have more "options" in this car than in my Mercedes and the maintenance costs are very much lower. I love the room, style, looks, and technology in my car. I have had many people ask me what kind it is. When I tell them I traded in my Mercedes for this car, they all say, "You're kidding. Why did you do that?" I explain all the differences between the cars and I lowered my monthly payment by $200 month and they still can't believe it. They really like the car inside and out."

Great car with assets and a value for price.

By on Thursday, December 17, 2015

Pros: "Great features and value for purchase price."

Cons: "Steering is soso and getting in and out"

"The car overall is great. Wonderful stereo great seats, and comfortable. The only negative is that I am over 6' tall and getting in and out is a problem. Upon exiting it's like stepping up to get out."

Great car until it breaks

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Like the styling and driving dynamics."

Cons: "Initial build quality, parts availability"

"Purchased this vehicle new in October 2012. Within the first 1,500 miles a body creak developed which took 5 or 6 visits to the dealer including a loaner vehicle 3 times to resolve. Eventually the dealer was able to resolve this issue. Life was good until 34,000 miles. At 34,000 miles the air conditioning failed. Brought the car to the dealer on 7/10/14 at which time we were told the compressor had failed and that the parts were not available and that they were on a national backorder. Within a few days word came that parts were scheduled to arrive at the Hyundai warehouse on 7/21/14 and that the part would be available within 1-2 days at the dealer. Now it is 7/23/14 and all the dealer can tell us is that the parts are not yet available. Hyundai does not give any more information than that. To date I have no idea when Hyundai might decide to fulfill their obligation to us and repair the vehicle. All that I hear from their consumer affairs people is how sorry they are for the inconvenience and they understand how I feel. I would much rather have a definitve date that the parts will arrive so that the vehicle can be repaired. Bottom line is that we really like this car, the problem that we have is that with both issues we've had the repair has taken too long and Hyundai has been very poor in responding to our needs. We came from a Toyota thinking that we would try something else, now we will be lifelong Toyota buyers."

Love Love Love this vehicle

By on Friday, April 1, 2016

Pros: "Drives like a dream. Roomy, Comfort, Great price"

Cons: "The GPS isn't super user freindly"

"The 2012 Hyundai Azera has everything I need and want in a car. I love the roomy interior and it gorgeous design inside and out. This one has all the bells and whistles. It is a head turner everywhere I go. The 2012-2016 Azera is a rare one to see on the roads here, which make me love it all the more. My last car was a 2005 Hyundai Sonata GLS and it gave me ten great years of use. Hyundai has come a long way in recent years and I will continue to be a loyal Hyundai Driver."

I love this car.

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "Price, Value, Quality, Warranty"

Cons: "Plastic on the inside - could have used less"

"I just got the car and I have NO complaints so far. I'm loving it. I like the way it looks. I like the way it drives. I could have used a little more woodgrain but what you get for the money can't be beat."

Terrific car for the money.

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "value, performance, features, comfort, space"

Cons: "no significant complaints"

"My comments come after owning the car for 2.5 years, putting over 50K miles on it, and are calibrated considering my buy-in price of just a little over 31K new (plus tax etc). All the good remarks about room, features, comfort etc are right on the money. It's hard to imagine a more stylish and feature packed car in this price range. I don't understand the complaints about the steering and handling. I've been a very spirited driver my whole life and have no complaints about the balance that Hyundai struck between ride comfort and handling composure during hard cornering. Lean is well controlled and the suspension is very well damped, almost a little too much at times as the car has a firm ride, but I like that. The steering feels solid and well connected, and I have never noticed mine wandering like some others complain of. In fact the car goes very straight hands-off. The OEM tires have limits that can be found quickly, but the car exhibits very benign understeer that is typical of front drivers and it never does anything unexpected even when pushed hard. I once found myself mixed up with a large group of Corvette owners doing a club run up a windy mountain road. After 20 or 30 miles of fun, I found that the lowly Hyundai sedan had left most of them in the dust and was only behind a handful of the better/faster drivers in the club. I was very impressed with the car in general but definitely wishing for some sticky tires. Obviously I'm not trying to say that the car is a sport car beater, but I thought it did quite well for a large family sedan. I've done many long trips with this car and never once found it tiring in any way; in fact, quite the opposite, always found it comfortable and capable. Some of my trips include long stretches of remote two lane at very elevated speeds. The car is composed and confidence inspiring even cruising at speeds between 100-120 (only done when alone and visibility allows of course). I've had zero problems with the car since new. I only have two nitpicks that have to do with the engine/transmission tuning. One is that it runs rich under heavy acceleration and often leaves some black residue around the exhaust tips. I've asked the dealer about this but there is no update available. The second is that the shift performance could be sharper. With the go pedal mashed, you can actually feel the acceleration taper off slightly between shifts, as if engine timing is being reduced to limit torque during the shift. I think the car would be noticeably quicker and more fun to drive if they would allow the transmission to shift harder and keep full power on through the shifts. Other than those two minor things, I have no complaints with the car. I typically get 25 in town and 29-30 on the highway running about 80. Obviously there are better cars out there, and if you want a true sports sedan you should be looking at RWD, but you will write a much bigger check for them. For what it is and in this price range, the Azera is a great car."

Cant Find A Better Value

By on Monday, July 8, 2013

Pros: "Int & Ext Design, Standard Features, Quiet ride"

Cons: "Looks sportier than it drives"

"The 2013 Hyundai Azera is an amazing car for the price you pay. The base model comes standard with features like heated front and rear seats, navigation, back up camera, xm radio, leather seats, and keyless start to name a few. It has tons of room and a very spacious trunk. I traded in my 2011 Sonata for it and I am happy about the upgrade. It doesn't drive as well as my Sonata Turbo, but it holds up well enough. The best part is you can easily negotiate the price down on the Azera, as dealers have a hard time moving them for some reason. I got mine for $900 under invoice. After the $750 I got from Hyundai, I paid bout $29250 on a sticker price of $33350. You are not going to get more in a car for $30k."

Great Value, Great Looking

By on Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pros: "Feature Rich and Easy on the Pocketbook."

Cons: "Faux Carbon Fibre Trim looks like it."

"My very first Hyundai and I am not disappointed. I traded in my 2008 Infiniti M35X (my 4th Infiniti) and haven't missed a thing. The Azera is knock-out gorgeous, is loaded with features, has a comfortable and quiet ride. As icing on the cake I have a 56 mile a day round trip commute and have been averaging 26 - 27 mpg. This is a significant increase over the 20 - 21 mpg with the M35X. the seats are first rate. Get the technology package as it is well worth the extra bucks and the 19" wheels look great. I am very happy with my decision and do not regret one bit "trading down"."

Value, Comfort and Style! Need I Say More?

By on Monday, May 6, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful Design, Comfortable Ride, Value Leader"

Cons: "Dated or Absent Technology, Middling Suspension"

2013 Hyundai Azera with Technology Package in Porcelain White Pearl

"Though I've only owned the Azera for a short time, I've been looking at everything on the market in this size class for several months and found the combination of style, feature content and comfort an extremely compelling argument for the big Hyundai. I got my 2013 Azera Technology for $31,380 - a little better than $6K discount from the MSRP, including a $750.00 dealer incentive. With the technology package features, I would have paid nearly $9K more than the full-price of the Azera if I had purchased the Lexus ES, and then would have seen myself coming and going at every street corner or mall parking lot in the nation! I purchased the Porcelain White Pearl with Chestnut Brown leather interior - a color combination that's not even available on the Azera's direct competitors. It's visually stunning with supple leather that appears fit for vehicles two price classes higher. I think this is the BEST iteration of Hyundai's Fluidic Sculpture design language, eliciting looks and comments everywhere I go. Add to the mix a 293hp V6 engine that still gets 29mpg on the highway and it's a winning combination. So what's not to like? Well, the "technology" package unfortunately doesn't have a system like Ford's Sync or even corporate cousin Kia's UVO system, meaning the navigation system and voice controls are lower-tech. In addition, there's no BLIS, Lane Departure Warning or Advanced Cruise Controls systems available. For a near-luxury vehicle, these are really becoming must haves, as the upcoming 2014 Kia Cadenza demonstrates. What does it have? Heated & Cooled Front Seats and Heated Rear Seats, an Automatic Rear Sunshade (a must in Sunny South Carolina), and Hyundai's BlueLink telematics system that allows you to get real time updates on your vehicles systems (even start the car remotely via your cellphone), get destination updates, restaurant recommendations and emergency service at the touch of a button. It works and works well, although it is a fee-based service... The suspension is the only real fly in the ointment as it appears Hyundai, while aping the suspension tautness of European models, forgot that those models are taut for a reason, meaning the vehicle isn't especially composed when being whipped through the corners; however, this isn't going to matter to 99.8% of their customers, so it's unlikely to matter to you either. ;) All in all, I have been STUNNED by the amazing strides Hyundai has made in the quality, features and desirability of their products. I anticipate having and enjoying the Azera for many years to come."

2013 Hyundai Azera with Technology Package in Porcelain White Pearl

Worst Car Ive ever had

By on Wednesday, February 1, 2017

"Ive owned my car for one year and 6 months. It was the worst mistake Ive made. I love the interior and convenience but the motor and transmission is completely junk. Ive been to my dealership 7 times for 5 different things. Anything from both timing chain tensioners to all of the sensors having defects. DO NOT BUY THIS VECHICLE! unless you want to repair it all the time. If I would not have bought the extended warranty on this car, Id be in over 5 thousand dollars in debt."

best car I ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"quality is great and Hyundai service is outstanding"

Hyundai from a Lincoln

By on Saturday, October 10, 2015

Pros: "Great looks, interior, sun roof & mileage"

Cons: "None at all so far, just and awesome ride."

"I had never paid attention to the Hyundai AZERA until my wife and I went looking for a car to replace her 2012 Cadiallac CTS, which was a lease. Having read the great reviews on the Sonota, we went to see one, when she saw the Candy red metallic AZERA on the show room floor. Camel leather interior with all the options, great warranty and more bells and whistles than my top of the line Lincoln MKS Turbo. The 2014 looks exactly the same as the 2015, so we got an unbelievable deal on it and they took the Caddy in for a trade so we didn't have to mess with returning the leased car. So far, great gas mileage, great comfort, Serrius radio, Blue Link (like OnStar) and the interior is just awesome. Looks more like the interior of a Mercedes, with the LED lightign, great Nav system, BlueTooth etc. I would highly recommend this over the Sonata that we also drove,but no comparison."

Stylish and comfortable ride, sluggish steering.

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, Safe, Excellent interior, Noise low"

Cons: "Steering feel, Hankook Tires"

"We purchased an used 2013 Black Azera with Tech, with 3000 miles and have owned it for the past few months. We traded-in our previous 2013 Sonata 2.4 L Limited - which had rather bumpy and noisy ride, and an attention-craving tight steering which was rather painful on hands, especially on the mountains, and even on long drives as it needed constant adjustment. We liked the Azera for its nice V6 engine, and hoped that the Azera, priced $10,000 more, will solve the Sonata issues. We found the Azera answered some of the issues while not all. We live at the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. It is a beautiful countryside, but most roads are through valleys and ravines, has a lot of steep elevation, descent, sharp blind curves. Daily commute to work has its fair share of a hilly winding 2-lane road with no railings, and a few miles of Interstate. We also do frequent road trips (500 miles or above) every year. So we needed a car which can handle tortuous roads with fair agility as well as comfortable enough to handle long drives with ease for 5 people. Our complaints: Steering – Pretty bad! The steering is too tight has a lot of built-in under-steer. The car almost refuses to turn for small steering motions. This means that to turn the car on winding roads, the steering always has to be turned more than what we intuitively would expect, resulting in missing the corners, or being late on taking a turn, compromising on fun and safety. This becomes worse when car speeds are higher, and the steering adamantly tightens in the central position. I asked Hyundai about it. They told me it is a built in safety feature in case of fast highway driving, it is normal for the steering to require additional force to turn the car. But what if the highways are not straight and we really need to turn the car ? The result: pretty non-intuitive, uncomfortable steering experience on winding highways. There is a saving grace though. The car has a hidden “Sports mode”, - activated by shifting the transmission to “Manual”. The suspension changes, the car banks better and steering remains light at all speeds. It is only then the car is somewhat fun to drive. Handling – The car handles corners adequately at lower speeds, but for (not so) high speeds it feels like an elephant. The car rolls, screeches, and sways sideways with a rather numbing roll. The car likes being driven slow and relaxed. It is not designed to win confidence of a rally driver. If pushed, it will perform, but not willingly. Overall, I found that the car handles pretty adequately for daily driving, as long as the driver accepts that he has to let the BMW-s and Subaru-s overtake. The good thing is that even if the car is driven rather fast through a winding valley road the ride (as a passenger) is extremely comfortable and smooth. Accelerator pedal – Sluggish! Gears always have tendency to sit high, so power is not immediate. The accelerator needs to be floored quite a bit for the gears to shift. On an undulating road, despite the car’s 293 bhp engine, it takes a rather conscious effort to maintain speed. This is true especially in ECO mode. But then, the power is very robust once the accelerator is pushed firmly. Additionally, I found that keeping the car at a lower gear in the “Manual” mode drives the car much pleasant on a hilly undulating terrain. Brakes are satisfactory too, although it is a little choppy, the car stops dead pretty fast. Tires – Very Bad! The car comes with OEM Hankook Optimo tires. They are noisy, and dry-condition grip is rather lousy, it screeches too easily (Wet grip is good though). My old Sonata also had these too, and I replaced them with Michelin Primier, and both handling and noise improved noticeably. I wonder why Hyundai chooses mediocre tires for cars in this segment. We drove the car in various road conditions and here is our opinion: Highway/Interstate performance on straight sections – Excellent! The road and wind noise is almost nil (except for an occasional tire clap in certain surfaces, which is from bad quality tires and not a fault of the car). The seats are perfect for long comfortable ride. Some occasional bad road patches will make the car bump loud and strong. Yet, overall highway ride quality is excellent. The overtaking can be a little sluggish though, given that the gearshifts and accelerator padels are slow to respond. Mileage – almost 30 mpg. Winding highways – Fun in “Sports" mode, lousy in "Automatic" mode! The car needs to be driven in “Sports Mode” for the steering to obey you. Passenger comfort remains excellent throughout. Mileage - 25 mpg. Winding mountain roads – Rather pleasant, as long as the car is not banked hard! The car glides through winding roads at low-moderate speeds. If pushed, the car will still take you to the destination safely, but the screeches and numbing rolls makes it not fun to drive (as compared to my old Avalon). The passenger experience remains pleasant. Mileage - 22 mpg. Gravel – Horrendous! Don't try it with Azera! Somehow even the Sonata, or my Camry handles this gravel better. The Azera was not only rather bumpy, but swayed badly on the road. Every pothole on the road caused the car shock-absobers to max out even at moderate speeds almost throwing us out of our seats. In the end, we have to do the roads at <20 miles/hour, making space for other cars to pass us. Mileage – 12 mpg. Pathetic experience! The goodies: Looks – Sexy! Enough said! Gizmos – We have Tech Package and the bang-for-buck is a winner in this category. Sound is excellent, and one of the best we have heard in many cars! The rear-window-shed, cooled front seats and heated front and back seats are great things to have in Tennessee summer/winter. The cooling/heating of the seats are pretty uniform too. The Navigation is pretty accurate and easy to operate. The maps update automatically. Voice-command and Bluetooth works too (with some learning curve). The leather is soft. The carbon-fiber interior looks futuristic. The panoramic sunroof is lovely. Bottomline - my wife loves everything about the interior :), she is a slow driver, and she feels the car is more than adequate, so I am a happy husband. Overall, it is a good-looking commuter car which is average to drive, but great to ride. For me, I expect more agility on winding roads for the pricetag. And we implore Hyundai to PLEASE, PLEASE fix the steering feel."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Azera near Honolulu. See local deals