2016 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $14,597 - $15,292.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 08/25/2016

10/9.0

8.3

Based on 70 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

Fuel Sipping Hatchback That's Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Great bang for the buck!"

Cons: "No spare tire!"

"My original introduction to the 2012 Hyundai Accent started while I was looking for a vehicle with high fuel economy and could accommodate my family. Additionally, I wanted a hatchback because I had owned a Mazda3 hatchback in the past and really appreciated its cargo volume. The Accent’s EPA of 30 city and 40 highway are rather accurate…I am averaging 28 MPG in the city and 44 MPG on the highway. My GS hatchback is a 6-speed manual and I do my best to follow the ECO shift indicator to achieve the best gas mileage, every so often I will push the 138 HP direct injected engine transforming the Accent into a lively ride. The exterior and interior styling are pleasing and mimic many of the great qualities of Asian and European manufacturers. The GS hatchback comes standard with power window and locks, tilt wheel, iPod connection (only downside is that one must purchase the cable to connect the iPod/iPhone), and CD/MP3/satellite radio. The only downside to content is that the Accent does not come with a spare tire…it comes standard with an air compressor and tire sealant. If you want a spare it’s an extra cost; something you may want to invest in if you travel through remote areas. The Accent’s interior volume is good…I had 3 adults (over 6 feet tall) and myself and everyone was comfortable; however the comfort level may wane over longer trips. The rear cargo volume is great and provides ample room for a stroller and groceries. Overall I am very pleased with the Accent GS Hatchback and consider it a great value for the money."

GDI engine is amazing, quality issues with body...

By on Friday, December 18, 2015

Pros: "136 horses, light, 35 -40 MPG, agile & quick!"

Cons: "Trim quality issues, a little on the delicate side"

"I love the GDI. It's the wave of the future. Instead of trading fuel economy for horsepower, these engines boost both. It's no coincidence that of the 12 production models in the world with GDI engines, nine models are luxury cars or exotics. Light, goes like a bat out of Hades, and I get almost 40 mpg regularly. Only issue is with body and trim quality. The front bumper is held on with these flimsy little clips. The first time you park with the bumper over a curb (you will) or bottom out (you will), it comes loose. I hit a baby deer a week ago. No body damage whatsoever, but now the bumper is falling off. But I suppose that's how they keep the weight down. Rock solid reliable. Agile. Actually a sharp looking car. I would recommend it to anyone!"

Great gas mileage and nice extras!!!

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "Great GAS MILEAGE, Looks sharp"

Cons: "No keyless trunk entry, No garage door opener"

"Traded in a 2009 Mazda 3 for this vehicle. The gas mileage is truly incredible. We are getting 37-38 mpg consistently. The bluetooth provides a nice upgrade, as well. Vast trunk space for such a small car, too! It was exactly what my family of 4 was looking for."

FEELS CHEAP, NOISY, UNCOMFORTABLE RIDE,

By on Thursday, January 7, 2016

Pros: "LOOKS GOOD, DEPENDABLE, EASY TO DRIVE, MILEAGE EXC"

Cons: "CHEAPLY MADE, NOICY, UNCOMFORTABE RIDE"

"you bump it, rock hits it, it bends, scratches easy, noisy, not a smoothest ride. back cover very cheap and broke 3 times already and 3rd one doesn't fit. DEPRECIATED $9000 IN ONE YEAR."

Good reliable transportation.

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pros: "Good price, reliable, good on gas!"

Cons: "Steering needs constant correction."

"I drive over 3,400 miles a month, just for work. Then, on the weekends my wife and I take My Accent for our weekly shopping. I own a 2010 Town & Country and we prefer to take my Accent. I recommend this car to anyone that needs affordable reliable transportation. You can drive long distances in relative comfort. I was suprised. Good on gas too! I average over 40 MPG!!"