2014 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $13,790 - $14,307.

10/6.7

Based on 57 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Fuel Sipping Hatchback That's Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Great bang for the buck!"

Cons: "No spare tire!"

"My original introduction to the 2012 Hyundai Accent started while I was looking for a vehicle with high fuel economy and could accommodate my family. Additionally, I wanted a hatchback because I had owned a Mazda3 hatchback in the past and really appreciated its cargo volume. The Accent’s EPA of 30 city and 40 highway are rather accurate…I am averaging 28 MPG in the city and 44 MPG on the highway. My GS hatchback is a 6-speed manual and I do my best to follow the ECO shift indicator to achieve the best gas mileage, every so often I will push the 138 HP direct injected engine transforming the Accent into a lively ride. The exterior and interior styling are pleasing and mimic many of the great qualities of Asian and European manufacturers. The GS hatchback comes standard with power window and locks, tilt wheel, iPod connection (only downside is that one must purchase the cable to connect the iPod/iPhone), and CD/MP3/satellite radio. The only downside to content is that the Accent does not come with a spare tire…it comes standard with an air compressor and tire sealant. If you want a spare it’s an extra cost; something you may want to invest in if you travel through remote areas. The Accent’s interior volume is good…I had 3 adults (over 6 feet tall) and myself and everyone was comfortable; however the comfort level may wane over longer trips. The rear cargo volume is great and provides ample room for a stroller and groceries. Overall I am very pleased with the Accent GS Hatchback and consider it a great value for the money."

Hyundai has definitely turned the corner!

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "MPG's, price, comfort, aesthetics"

Cons: "no remote trunk release"

"This car is proof that Hyundai is becoming a real player in the reliable/quality car industry. The 1.6L GDI engine averages between 33-36 mpg's for me (about 20%/80% highway/city driving) and when you take off eco, or use the sport-tronic shifting, it definitely has some get-up-and-go. The suspension offers some pretty good cornering, and a really quiet ride. As for the electric assist steering.. you can feel the difference if you're looking for it, but if you're just trying to enjoy the drive then it's flawless. No corrections needed, as long as your alignment is right (which after 24k miles, mine is still fine). Hyundai has a great warranty, which admittedly I have been forced to use once so far (the windshield washer feed line fell off). However, I brought it into my local Hyundai dealer (now located in Louisiana), and within 30 minutes they had updated my CPU, replaced the feed line, and gave the car an inspection - All free of charge, which is GREAT! I regularly carry my girlfriend and 2 of my friends (north of 6' males) and there is never a want for knee space. Taking the car from Jersey to Louisiana was surprisingly comfortable (averaged 44 mpg's on that trip!) and the cost to fill up the gas tank has never exceeded $35.00. I'll update if anything goes wrong with this, but I sincerely believe that Hyundai has tweeked their lineup to be competitors to Toyota, Honda and Nissan as opposed to Kia.. Maintenance is really easy, I don't even need to jack the car up to change the oil, you can reach everything from the front (good thing, because they don't include a jack, or a spare tire either). All in all, this car is great bang for the buck, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a fuel efficient car."

overall beats the competition

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "mpg, so far no problems."

Cons: "no spare, no after sale support."

"This review is for a 2012 model so small differences may exist from a 2013. This car is quite a good value compared to the competition. I drove them all I think, dollar for dollar Accent is the best bang for the buck. I have the 6 speed manual and mileage and performance is very good, folks with the automatics complain of less than stellar MPG and poor performance, at least that is what I read. I'm happy with my manual trans version. I do think the electric assist steering is not ready for prime time, it takes a lot of correction to keep a straight line and can become tiring after a while. Maybe it can be addressed via a software update. The other major gripe for me is NO SPARE TIRE, just a can of sealant and junky compressor (spare tire is available for $300.00 as a dealer option) yet Canadian Accent's still comes with compact spares. A fact the sales people don't volunteer, that there is no spare. I've contacted both Hyundai zone office and the dealer, so far they don't seem to care. There seems to be a serious lack of after sale concern by either party. Very short sighted attitude. Factor this in your decision to buy a Hyundai, it may not be the value it seems to be on it's face. I personally wouldn't buy another Hyundai because there seems to be no concern for the customer after the sale."

Great car for a Great Price

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Price, Power, MPG, Fun to drive, Comfortable"

Cons: "No Keyless Entry, Overbearing brake assist"

my car the first day

"This is the first new car that I have ever owned. I have had 2 Dodge Neons and a fully loaded Chrysler Concorde LXi and I have to say that for the money, this car is astounding. Mine is the base GL model with the premium package giving me A/C and power windows and locks. This package doesn't include remote keyless entry however, which was kind of a bummer but not a deal breaker. I have split my driving over both city and highway driving as well as one long (800+) mile road trip. Through all situations the fuel efficiency is astoundingly good. I am by no means a slow driver and I tend to do hard acceleration at times and this car, despite the small engine, never disappoints. And even with my driving style, the fuel efficiency almost never dips below 32 mpg average. The comfort of this car is also amazing. Like I mentioned earlier I drove this car on an 800 mile road trip and I never felt like my butt had fallen asleep or my legs or back hurt. The seat provided great support without the hardness and was very comfortable. Additionally, I only had to fill up my gas tank once during that whole trip and made it home with about 1/4 tank left. The safety features that come standard were a big factor in my choice. The vehicle comes with multiple airbags as standard including side curtain airbags which, for a small car, is very important. Traction control, 4 wheel ABS and 4 wheel disc brakes were also a big plus. There are a few things that could be better, including the suspension being a bit soft, but then it's not a sports car, the brake assist program is sometimes too invasive, and the transmission can be a little wonky (odd shift points) outside of ECO mode at times. Overall, however, I would highly recommend this car to those looking to get into a highly reliable, economical and inexpensive vehicle."

my car the first day

Great gas mileage and nice extras!!!

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "Great GAS MILEAGE, Looks sharp"

Cons: "No keyless trunk entry, No garage door opener"

"Traded in a 2009 Mazda 3 for this vehicle. The gas mileage is truly incredible. We are getting 37-38 mpg consistently. The bluetooth provides a nice upgrade, as well. Vast trunk space for such a small car, too! It was exactly what my family of 4 was looking for."