2013 Hyundai Accent

8.4

Based on 79 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

good value but Hyundai America non-responsive

By on Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pros: "Value, roomy int, good MPG. Nice 6 speed manual"

Cons: "steering, no spare, poor support"

"The 2012 Accent itself is a nice car with many positive attributes. For a well appointed transportation car it's hard to beat for the money. The electric assist steering takes some getting used to though, can be tiring on a long drive. This vehicle has no spare tire unless you buy one as an option at a $300.00 cost. Factor that into the price if that matters to you. If you have a concern that can't be resolved at the dealer level don't expect any help from Hyundai America. They don't seem to care about the customer after the sale. What is the point of a long warranty if there is no support. So far the car has been reliable but I will be selling it soon because of the attitude of Hyundai and will be going back to Toyota or Honda, they know how to treat their customers."

Great gas mileage and nice extras!!!

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "Great GAS MILEAGE, Looks sharp"

Cons: "No keyless trunk entry, No garage door opener"

"Traded in a 2009 Mazda 3 for this vehicle. The gas mileage is truly incredible. We are getting 37-38 mpg consistently. The bluetooth provides a nice upgrade, as well. Vast trunk space for such a small car, too! It was exactly what my family of 4 was looking for."

overall beats the competition

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "mpg, so far no problems."

Cons: "no spare, no after sale support."

"This review is for a 2012 model so small differences may exist from a 2013. This car is quite a good value compared to the competition. I drove them all I think, dollar for dollar Accent is the best bang for the buck. I have the 6 speed manual and mileage and performance is very good, folks with the automatics complain of less than stellar MPG and poor performance, at least that is what I read. I'm happy with my manual trans version. I do think the electric assist steering is not ready for prime time, it takes a lot of correction to keep a straight line and can become tiring after a while. Maybe it can be addressed via a software update. The other major gripe for me is NO SPARE TIRE, just a can of sealant and junky compressor (spare tire is available for $300.00 as a dealer option) yet Canadian Accent's still comes with compact spares. A fact the sales people don't volunteer, that there is no spare. I've contacted both Hyundai zone office and the dealer, so far they don't seem to care. There seems to be a serious lack of after sale concern by either party. Very short sighted attitude. Factor this in your decision to buy a Hyundai, it may not be the value it seems to be on it's face. I personally wouldn't buy another Hyundai because there seems to be no concern for the customer after the sale."

Great Car For The Money! Plenty of room

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "MPG, Spacious driver area, features, PRICE"

Cons: "Cup holder gets blocked by arm rest"

"I absolutely love this car. I bought the SE model hatchback brand new and 12000 mikes layer still love it. Plenty of get up and go when needed and I regularly get 36+ mpg highway. I can get 28mpg city consistently if you dont punch it every time you take off. Im a bigger guy (6'2" 280lbs) and fit surprisingly well into this. Most other hatchbacks ie. fiesta/focus/fit, I found my knees hitting the dash not in this! All the features are nice although the ride quality decreases a lot with 3+ people in the car. Great for commuting! I was looking at the Chevy Sonic or this and for the price and features, the sonic couldnt touch this!"

Loved

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "great design, great price, sturdy"

Cons: "cruise control, road noise"

"The gas mileage is great and the drive is absolutely smooth. I love everything about this car. I have only two complaints, after only 6 months the cruise control buttons came loose but are still usable and the amount of outside road noise you can hear while in the car is very loud and annoying."