2013 Hyundai Accent

8.3

Based on 84 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

not bad

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "awesome gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "some inconvenience interior problems"

"I'm going to start off by saying this car is great for its class. It's no BMW, but i love it. Easiest way of writing a review is the pros and cons Pros: -Awesome gas mileage. 30 MPG combined for me (daily commute: 60% city, 40% highway). Also I pay about 35$ to fill it up and a tank will last me about a week and a half. -Handles well, no complaints there. -acceleration is okay -affordable -bluetooth is convenient There are no REAL cons with this car. It's more just me being picky but here's what I don't like. Cons: -Cup holders are low, hard to find in the dark. -Small interior, no elbow room if you have a passenger in the front seat. -when you extend the center armrest it blocks one of the cup holders. -my leg blocks the window controls and lock/unlock button Overall it's a great car. Just little things here and there that kind of bug me. I would for sure recommend this car to anyone who wants a reliable car, with awesome gas mileage and a budget under $16,000. inconveniences"

Loved

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "great design, great price, sturdy"

Cons: "cruise control, road noise"

"The gas mileage is great and the drive is absolutely smooth. I love everything about this car. I have only two complaints, after only 6 months the cruise control buttons came loose but are still usable and the amount of outside road noise you can hear while in the car is very loud and annoying."

Great vehicle, especiall for the price!

By on Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pros: "Excellent price; Drives great; Room for the family"

Cons: "No cruise control; Limited visability when backing"

"Okay, so we were looking for the most affordable vehicle we could find, which would offer high MPG and be able to comfortably fit our family. We are 2 adults and 3 children, all of which are in their teen years. We considered all the usual suspects, but cost was a driving factor. The 2013 Hyundai Accent had great incentives which made it the cheapest option around -- thus driving our decision. That said, we don't feel like we missed out on anything. The car is great. The driving experience is superb, and even the entry model has features some of the other makes/models don't include (such as power windows and door locks). We've had the car about 3-4 months and have not had any problems -- nor do we expect to. Handling, even at higher speeds, it perfect. Large trucks/semis passing me don't bother this little car a bit. Plenty of storage in the hatch for groceries and other items. AC/Heat all work well, as does the radio and all other features. Only a couple of negatives, that I can think of. First, the lack of cruise control. I actually didn't notice that the base model didn't include cruise control. Would have liked to have had it, but with our driving it's not critical. We rarely put 20 miles on a car in a week. Every few months we may put 100-200 on the car in a day. So, lack of cruise control isn't the end of the world. The second problem is blind spots. I'm 5' 10" and I have a little trouble backing up because it seems like most of my viewpoints are blocked. I've never hit anything, it's just more restrictive than I'd like. That may be common for small cars though. In the past 10 years I've been mainly in mini-vans and full-size trucks, so it may just be something I need to get used to. Other than that I'm completely satisfied with the vehicle and plan to keep it for the full 10 years of the warranty."

Great Purchase

By on Saturday, August 1, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, great price, good on gas"

Cons: "driving dynamics a bit weak"

"This car is reliable and is great on gas. I get about 36 mpg on average is awesome compared to my Toyota Camry. I do wish the driving dynamics were a bit better, but it isn't a huge dilemma. I love my car and I feel like it was a great purchase. I would recommend this car to my friends and family."

Great little car, Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI)!

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Pros: "GDI = great mileage AND fantastic get-up-and-go!"

Cons: "Front ground clearance of two inches = ouch!"

"Great little car. I wanted one ever since I found out that the Accents had GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) ... The GDI (usually only found on high end sports cars and some exotics) smashes the customary trade-off between fuel efficiency and "just plain GOES!" I get over 40 on the highway, actual ("observed") is at about 36 MPG ... the acceleration is dynamite. The car came full of things you don't expect on an entry-level car. The premium sound system is great! The "manu-matic" transmission is a gas, too. The last car I drove with a "manu-matic" was the TipTronic found in the Porsches. Good company. If pressed to find one complaint, I'd say this - I would've designed the front bumper assembly to have more than two inches of ground clearance. That way, every time I parked too close to a three inch curb, the front bumper wouldn't get ripped off the car! (Been to the body shop once. As soon as they got it looking brand new, it happened again.) Oh, and did somebody specifically TRY to design the seat fabric to grab / hold / display every stain imaginable? It's impossible to keep the seats clean."