2012 Hyundai Accent

8.3

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Surprisingly Very Power GDI! Bulletproof Quality!

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Pros: "Economy Fuel! Non breakable!"

Cons: "Very low clearance of bumper!"

"I am amazed by powerful engine although it has only 1600 cc. That reason why I am happy with the GDI engine (usually only found on high end sports cars and some exotics). That type GDI helps to save gallons of gas but gives fast driving. Amazingly! The sound system is great! But it has very low clearance of heavy bumper. Please very careful to park. That is all! Hyundai has famous bulletproof quality!"

Awesome little car! No problem with Power!

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2017

"Had this car now for over a month. I went on a trip that was 113 miles. I got up to 40.1 Mpg! doing 75-80 Mph. This car is super comfortable, with excellent driving. It feels very smooth and comfortable on city and highway driving. The speakers are actually pretty good quality for what you pay for. My only complaint about this car is the hard plastic arm rests on the door. If you are planning to get this car i recommend getting the one with the bluetooh stero package that comes with cruise control, totally worth the extra $500."

American Hyundai Accent 2016 SE Hatchback

By on Sunday, November 27, 2016

Pros: "Good Daily Driver"

Cons: "Its American Version of the great Hyundai Accent"

"This is my first car, and its a good daily driving car. Everything is pretty much laid out for you to be comfortable on your way to work and back to home. This is an American version of Korea's Hyundai Accent SE 2014. Did you know that on Korean and European versions, you get leather seats, Dual Climate Control and touch screen infotainment system? Idk what the American Hyundai were thinking when they opt those options out."

Fuel Sipping Hatchback That's Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Great bang for the buck!"

Cons: "No spare tire!"

"My original introduction to the 2012 Hyundai Accent started while I was looking for a vehicle with high fuel economy and could accommodate my family. Additionally, I wanted a hatchback because I had owned a Mazda3 hatchback in the past and really appreciated its cargo volume. The Accent’s EPA of 30 city and 40 highway are rather accurate…I am averaging 28 MPG in the city and 44 MPG on the highway. My GS hatchback is a 6-speed manual and I do my best to follow the ECO shift indicator to achieve the best gas mileage, every so often I will push the 138 HP direct injected engine transforming the Accent into a lively ride. The exterior and interior styling are pleasing and mimic many of the great qualities of Asian and European manufacturers. The GS hatchback comes standard with power window and locks, tilt wheel, iPod connection (only downside is that one must purchase the cable to connect the iPod/iPhone), and CD/MP3/satellite radio. The only downside to content is that the Accent does not come with a spare tire…it comes standard with an air compressor and tire sealant. If you want a spare it’s an extra cost; something you may want to invest in if you travel through remote areas. The Accent’s interior volume is good…I had 3 adults (over 6 feet tall) and myself and everyone was comfortable; however the comfort level may wane over longer trips. The rear cargo volume is great and provides ample room for a stroller and groceries. Overall I am very pleased with the Accent GS Hatchback and consider it a great value for the money."

GDI engine is amazing, quality issues with body...

By on Friday, December 18, 2015

Pros: "136 horses, light, 35 -40 MPG, agile & quick!"

Cons: "Trim quality issues, a little on the delicate side"

"I love the GDI. It's the wave of the future. Instead of trading fuel economy for horsepower, these engines boost both. It's no coincidence that of the 12 production models in the world with GDI engines, nine models are luxury cars or exotics. Light, goes like a bat out of Hades, and I get almost 40 mpg regularly. Only issue is with body and trim quality. The front bumper is held on with these flimsy little clips. The first time you park with the bumper over a curb (you will) or bottom out (you will), it comes loose. I hit a baby deer a week ago. No body damage whatsoever, but now the bumper is falling off. But I suppose that's how they keep the weight down. Rock solid reliable. Agile. Actually a sharp looking car. I would recommend it to anyone!"