2012 Hyundai Accent

8.4

Based on 81 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

My third Accent

By on Thursday, January 26, 2017

Pros: "Warranty, looks, gas mileage"

Cons: "Tight in the rear, but ok for kids."

"Great car. Terrific gas mileage on the highway--over 40 mpg. Comfortable and good looking. Gave my last 2006 accent to my granddaughter and it is still going strong with over 180,000 miles. I have 13,000 miles on my car now, and just cam back from a trip to Florida -- car did very well."

Fuel Sipping Hatchback That's Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Great bang for the buck!"

Cons: "No spare tire!"

"My original introduction to the 2012 Hyundai Accent started while I was looking for a vehicle with high fuel economy and could accommodate my family. Additionally, I wanted a hatchback because I had owned a Mazda3 hatchback in the past and really appreciated its cargo volume. The Accent’s EPA of 30 city and 40 highway are rather accurate…I am averaging 28 MPG in the city and 44 MPG on the highway. My GS hatchback is a 6-speed manual and I do my best to follow the ECO shift indicator to achieve the best gas mileage, every so often I will push the 138 HP direct injected engine transforming the Accent into a lively ride. The exterior and interior styling are pleasing and mimic many of the great qualities of Asian and European manufacturers. The GS hatchback comes standard with power window and locks, tilt wheel, iPod connection (only downside is that one must purchase the cable to connect the iPod/iPhone), and CD/MP3/satellite radio. The only downside to content is that the Accent does not come with a spare tire…it comes standard with an air compressor and tire sealant. If you want a spare it’s an extra cost; something you may want to invest in if you travel through remote areas. The Accent’s interior volume is good…I had 3 adults (over 6 feet tall) and myself and everyone was comfortable; however the comfort level may wane over longer trips. The rear cargo volume is great and provides ample room for a stroller and groceries. Overall I am very pleased with the Accent GS Hatchback and consider it a great value for the money."

First time Hyundai owner

By on Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, front leg room for a small car"

Cons: "Rear window visibility"

"Bought this for it's gas mileage and good consumer reports that I read. It has met or exceeded most of my expectations. The jury is still out for it's reliability, but so far so good."

Great vehicle, especiall for the price!

By on Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pros: "Excellent price; Drives great; Room for the family"

Cons: "No cruise control; Limited visability when backing"

"Okay, so we were looking for the most affordable vehicle we could find, which would offer high MPG and be able to comfortably fit our family. We are 2 adults and 3 children, all of which are in their teen years. We considered all the usual suspects, but cost was a driving factor. The 2013 Hyundai Accent had great incentives which made it the cheapest option around -- thus driving our decision. That said, we don't feel like we missed out on anything. The car is great. The driving experience is superb, and even the entry model has features some of the other makes/models don't include (such as power windows and door locks). We've had the car about 3-4 months and have not had any problems -- nor do we expect to. Handling, even at higher speeds, it perfect. Large trucks/semis passing me don't bother this little car a bit. Plenty of storage in the hatch for groceries and other items. AC/Heat all work well, as does the radio and all other features. Only a couple of negatives, that I can think of. First, the lack of cruise control. I actually didn't notice that the base model didn't include cruise control. Would have liked to have had it, but with our driving it's not critical. We rarely put 20 miles on a car in a week. Every few months we may put 100-200 on the car in a day. So, lack of cruise control isn't the end of the world. The second problem is blind spots. I'm 5' 10" and I have a little trouble backing up because it seems like most of my viewpoints are blocked. I've never hit anything, it's just more restrictive than I'd like. That may be common for small cars though. In the past 10 years I've been mainly in mini-vans and full-size trucks, so it may just be something I need to get used to. Other than that I'm completely satisfied with the vehicle and plan to keep it for the full 10 years of the warranty."

Great car for a Great Price

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Price, Power, MPG, Fun to drive, Comfortable"

Cons: "No Keyless Entry, Overbearing brake assist"

my car the first day

"This is the first new car that I have ever owned. I have had 2 Dodge Neons and a fully loaded Chrysler Concorde LXi and I have to say that for the money, this car is astounding. Mine is the base GL model with the premium package giving me A/C and power windows and locks. This package doesn't include remote keyless entry however, which was kind of a bummer but not a deal breaker. I have split my driving over both city and highway driving as well as one long (800+) mile road trip. Through all situations the fuel efficiency is astoundingly good. I am by no means a slow driver and I tend to do hard acceleration at times and this car, despite the small engine, never disappoints. And even with my driving style, the fuel efficiency almost never dips below 32 mpg average. The comfort of this car is also amazing. Like I mentioned earlier I drove this car on an 800 mile road trip and I never felt like my butt had fallen asleep or my legs or back hurt. The seat provided great support without the hardness and was very comfortable. Additionally, I only had to fill up my gas tank once during that whole trip and made it home with about 1/4 tank left. The safety features that come standard were a big factor in my choice. The vehicle comes with multiple airbags as standard including side curtain airbags which, for a small car, is very important. Traction control, 4 wheel ABS and 4 wheel disc brakes were also a big plus. There are a few things that could be better, including the suspension being a bit soft, but then it's not a sports car, the brake assist program is sometimes too invasive, and the transmission can be a little wonky (odd shift points) outside of ECO mode at times. Overall, however, I would highly recommend this car to those looking to get into a highly reliable, economical and inexpensive vehicle."

my car the first day