2012 Hyundai Accent

8.3

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Surprisingly Very Power GDI! Bulletproof Quality!

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Pros: "Economy Fuel! Non breakable!"

Cons: "Very low clearance of bumper!"

"I am amazed by powerful engine although it has only 1600 cc. That reason why I am happy with the GDI engine (usually only found on high end sports cars and some exotics). That type GDI helps to save gallons of gas but gives fast driving. Amazingly! The sound system is great! But it has very low clearance of heavy bumper. Please very careful to park. That is all! Hyundai has famous bulletproof quality!"

I love my Accent sedan

By on Sunday, February 26, 2017

Pros: "Long warranty, zippy engine, 40+ MPG, comfortable"

Cons: "Bluetooth is not standard"

"This is my first new car and I couldnt be happier with it. Everything about it is awesome, it looks great, has lots of space for a small car, the seats are comfortable, the sound system is top notch, the engine has fast acceleration and I routinely average 43 MPG in mixed driving with the automatic transmission. Plus, the warranty Hyundai offers cant be beaten. With how strict I am regarding maintenance I see no reason why I cant get 200,000 miles out of this car. The best part of all? An out the door price of 15,000 dollars plus my trade in (99 Buick Century) Ultimately the best value on the market for a small car you can get. The only other thing I wish were standard was Bluetooth, but that is hardly worth complaining about."

Fuel Sipping Hatchback That's Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Great bang for the buck!"

Cons: "No spare tire!"

"My original introduction to the 2012 Hyundai Accent started while I was looking for a vehicle with high fuel economy and could accommodate my family. Additionally, I wanted a hatchback because I had owned a Mazda3 hatchback in the past and really appreciated its cargo volume. The Accent’s EPA of 30 city and 40 highway are rather accurate…I am averaging 28 MPG in the city and 44 MPG on the highway. My GS hatchback is a 6-speed manual and I do my best to follow the ECO shift indicator to achieve the best gas mileage, every so often I will push the 138 HP direct injected engine transforming the Accent into a lively ride. The exterior and interior styling are pleasing and mimic many of the great qualities of Asian and European manufacturers. The GS hatchback comes standard with power window and locks, tilt wheel, iPod connection (only downside is that one must purchase the cable to connect the iPod/iPhone), and CD/MP3/satellite radio. The only downside to content is that the Accent does not come with a spare tire…it comes standard with an air compressor and tire sealant. If you want a spare it’s an extra cost; something you may want to invest in if you travel through remote areas. The Accent’s interior volume is good…I had 3 adults (over 6 feet tall) and myself and everyone was comfortable; however the comfort level may wane over longer trips. The rear cargo volume is great and provides ample room for a stroller and groceries. Overall I am very pleased with the Accent GS Hatchback and consider it a great value for the money."

not bad

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "awesome gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "some inconvenience interior problems"

"I'm going to start off by saying this car is great for its class. It's no BMW, but i love it. Easiest way of writing a review is the pros and cons Pros: -Awesome gas mileage. 30 MPG combined for me (daily commute: 60% city, 40% highway). Also I pay about 35$ to fill it up and a tank will last me about a week and a half. -Handles well, no complaints there. -acceleration is okay -affordable -bluetooth is convenient There are no REAL cons with this car. It's more just me being picky but here's what I don't like. Cons: -Cup holders are low, hard to find in the dark. -Small interior, no elbow room if you have a passenger in the front seat. -when you extend the center armrest it blocks one of the cup holders. -my leg blocks the window controls and lock/unlock button Overall it's a great car. Just little things here and there that kind of bug me. I would for sure recommend this car to anyone who wants a reliable car, with awesome gas mileage and a budget under $16,000. inconveniences"

First time Hyundai owner

By on Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, front leg room for a small car"

Cons: "Rear window visibility"

"Bought this for it's gas mileage and good consumer reports that I read. It has met or exceeded most of my expectations. The jury is still out for it's reliability, but so far so good."