ZIP code

2010 Hyundai Accent

8.2

Based on 318 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

GREAT CAR WITH FEW NEGATIVES

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pros: "GREAT PRICE AND VERY RELIABLE"

Cons: "TIRES ARE EXPENSIVE,HARD TO FIND, AND DON'T LAST"

"LOVE MY ACCENT! HAD A DEER/CAR HEAD-ON WITH IT BRAND NEW AND IT LOOKED BADLY DAMAGED TO ME, BUT REPAIRED FAIRLY INEXPENSIVELY AND HAS HELD UP WELL. MINE IS A 2007. I FIND THE FIN ABOVE THE REAR WINDOW TENDS TO COLLECT EXCESSIVE DIRT ON THE WINDOW WHEN TRAVELING GRAVEL ROADS. SNOW TRAVEL IS NOT GOOD; THERE JUST ISN'T ENOUGH WEIGHT TO HOLD TO ROAD AND GET UP A SLICK HILL. AND THE TIRES ARE THE ONE THING I HATE; VERY EXPENSIVE, HARD TO GET AND DON'T LAST LONG. OTHERWISE, I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CAR! GREAT MILEAGE EVEN AFTER A WRECK AND HIGH MILES AND AGE. WOULD DEFINATELY GET ANOTHER. HIGHLY RECOMMEND"

Smart choice, but no frills

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"Very economical, simple, fun, easy to park. Doesn't always have the power you want, but you have to give something up to sip the gas so slightly."

Great for around town, and them some...

By on Friday, January 14, 2011

"First of all, this is NOT a convenient family car. (what 2dr hatch is?) Accessing the backseat for adults is like crawling under a kitchen sink. There is a quick release, on the passenger side only. The exterior dings and scratches easily, and apparently, some corners were cut on the interior fabrics as well, but nothing to be picky about (seat covers, and extra floor mats are a wise investment). Also, its Not built for speed or racing type performance, as the horsepower just isn't there. Its factory 4 speakers wont blow you away either. With that being said, this is still a GREAT little car to get around town in. Its even good for the occasional weekend get away. (up to 3 adults comfortably, so that the person in back can stretch out). Even on long trips, its still fun to drive. (10 hrs per day is my max). Handling is beautiful, and, its great for getting in and out of tight parking spaces with its impressive turning radius. Shifting with the 5 speed, H pattern stick is smooth, with a forgiving clutch. If you ever wanted to learn, or never owned a stick shift before, this is a great car to start with. The trunk space has ample room for sports equipment/camping gear, luggage and not to mention groceries. Plus the rear 60/40 bench seats fold flat to allow for even more cargo space. The cargo shelf is another nice feature. Ironically, I have found that fuel efficiency is better when doing in-town driving, averaging 32 miles per gal. (55mph max speed, with A/C on 1/3 of the time. That drops to just above 30 on the highway, given the same conditions. Basically, if you are looking for an affordable, yet stylish and reliable car, that you can bang around in, this is a great option. So all things considered I am quite pleased with this car, its a great value for the price. This would be an excellent first car."

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Extremely reliable"

Cons: "Underpowered"

"I preface this review with the fact that my last 4 cars before the Hyundai have been sport sedans (2 BMW 3 Series coupes purchased used) or real sports cars (a restored MGB and a VW Corrado SLC.) The BMWs were great- I got 250,000 miles out of the first one and traded the second on the Hyundai with 194,000 miles. The first one was built far better than the second, or I would probably be driving another BMW now. For the price, the Accent can't be beat. It rides well considering its size and weight. My daily commute is 80 miles round trip and the 1.6L engine does fine at highway speeds up to 80 MPH. Getting there, however, is tedious. Either my previous cars had lots more power (they did) or the Accent is slow as heck (it is.) If the terrain is flat, all is fine. Once the Accent encounters a hill, it becomes "the little engine that could"....barely. The seats (front anyway) are great for long distance cruising. The back seat is good for around town, nothing more. The rear seats do split fold, and the car can carry a surprising amount of cargo. The Accent has been the most reliable car that I have ever owned. It has needed nothing other than routine maintenance. It is also simple enough that I plan on doing my own maintenance one the car's 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty expires. Low power aside, would I buy it again? Yes. In fact, I have recommended Hyundai to friends who have purchased various models, who have been equally pleased. The competition should be worried."

good compact car/great warranty

By on Sunday, June 28, 2009

"The dealer that we went to offered double the factory warranty and some great incentives- lifetime tires,20yr/200,000 mile warranty, discounts on oil changes.. Only had 1 problem so far, the TPMS sensor didn't work properly and cost me a tire. For the size of the engine I think it has great "get up and go""