2008 Hyundai Accent

8.2

Based on 317 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

GREAT CAR WITH FEW NEGATIVES

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pros: "GREAT PRICE AND VERY RELIABLE"

Cons: "TIRES ARE EXPENSIVE,HARD TO FIND, AND DON'T LAST"

"LOVE MY ACCENT! HAD A DEER/CAR HEAD-ON WITH IT BRAND NEW AND IT LOOKED BADLY DAMAGED TO ME, BUT REPAIRED FAIRLY INEXPENSIVELY AND HAS HELD UP WELL. MINE IS A 2007. I FIND THE FIN ABOVE THE REAR WINDOW TENDS TO COLLECT EXCESSIVE DIRT ON THE WINDOW WHEN TRAVELING GRAVEL ROADS. SNOW TRAVEL IS NOT GOOD; THERE JUST ISN'T ENOUGH WEIGHT TO HOLD TO ROAD AND GET UP A SLICK HILL. AND THE TIRES ARE THE ONE THING I HATE; VERY EXPENSIVE, HARD TO GET AND DON'T LAST LONG. OTHERWISE, I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CAR! GREAT MILEAGE EVEN AFTER A WRECK AND HIGH MILES AND AGE. WOULD DEFINATELY GET ANOTHER. HIGHLY RECOMMEND"

Awesome little car

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Reason: Needed a bigger car for growing family.

Pros: "price, quiet, handles really well, reliable"

Cons: "No get-up-and-go"

"Bought my '07 two-door Accent hatchback new in 2007 and it was a wonderful car the entire time. Very reliable. The only reason I sold it was because of a growing family. I would not recommend a two-door car to anyone with kids in car seats (no duh). Regular oil changes, new tires, and one new battery were the only things I ever had to do. Pretty comfortable inside besides on long car trips. This is a bare bones kind of ride so with no cruise control my legs would hurt after say 5-6 hours. Immediately after buying it I wished I had splurged on cruise. The ride is really smooth and crazy quiet. Very little road noise can be heard inside. Great gas mileage! Turns on a dime. Fun to drive but it has no power at all. No get-up-and-go so to speak. Super slow up hills but that didn't really bother me. All in all, it was a quality car for a really affordable price."

Smart choice, but no frills

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"Very economical, simple, fun, easy to park. Doesn't always have the power you want, but you have to give something up to sip the gas so slightly."

Great car with great mileage!!!

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Too many to mention!! Fun to drive!"

Cons: "Designed for economy not necessarily comfort."

"This car is great for a small car. You get gas mileage better than many hybrid vehicles without the cost of the hybrid. Just averaged 36 mpg on a 1300 mile vacation with both city and highway miles."

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Extremely reliable"

Cons: "Underpowered"

"I preface this review with the fact that my last 4 cars before the Hyundai have been sport sedans (2 BMW 3 Series coupes purchased used) or real sports cars (a restored MGB and a VW Corrado SLC.) The BMWs were great- I got 250,000 miles out of the first one and traded the second on the Hyundai with 194,000 miles. The first one was built far better than the second, or I would probably be driving another BMW now. For the price, the Accent can't be beat. It rides well considering its size and weight. My daily commute is 80 miles round trip and the 1.6L engine does fine at highway speeds up to 80 MPH. Getting there, however, is tedious. Either my previous cars had lots more power (they did) or the Accent is slow as heck (it is.) If the terrain is flat, all is fine. Once the Accent encounters a hill, it becomes "the little engine that could"....barely. The seats (front anyway) are great for long distance cruising. The back seat is good for around town, nothing more. The rear seats do split fold, and the car can carry a surprising amount of cargo. The Accent has been the most reliable car that I have ever owned. It has needed nothing other than routine maintenance. It is also simple enough that I plan on doing my own maintenance one the car's 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty expires. Low power aside, would I buy it again? Yes. In fact, I have recommended Hyundai to friends who have purchased various models, who have been equally pleased. The competition should be worried."