2007 Hyundai Accent

8.2

Based on 318 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

GREAT CAR WITH FEW NEGATIVES

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pros: "GREAT PRICE AND VERY RELIABLE"

Cons: "TIRES ARE EXPENSIVE,HARD TO FIND, AND DON'T LAST"

"LOVE MY ACCENT! HAD A DEER/CAR HEAD-ON WITH IT BRAND NEW AND IT LOOKED BADLY DAMAGED TO ME, BUT REPAIRED FAIRLY INEXPENSIVELY AND HAS HELD UP WELL. MINE IS A 2007. I FIND THE FIN ABOVE THE REAR WINDOW TENDS TO COLLECT EXCESSIVE DIRT ON THE WINDOW WHEN TRAVELING GRAVEL ROADS. SNOW TRAVEL IS NOT GOOD; THERE JUST ISN'T ENOUGH WEIGHT TO HOLD TO ROAD AND GET UP A SLICK HILL. AND THE TIRES ARE THE ONE THING I HATE; VERY EXPENSIVE, HARD TO GET AND DON'T LAST LONG. OTHERWISE, I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CAR! GREAT MILEAGE EVEN AFTER A WRECK AND HIGH MILES AND AGE. WOULD DEFINATELY GET ANOTHER. HIGHLY RECOMMEND"

Smart choice, but no frills

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"Very economical, simple, fun, easy to park. Doesn't always have the power you want, but you have to give something up to sip the gas so slightly."

Great for around town, and them some...

By on Friday, January 14, 2011

"First of all, this is NOT a convenient family car. (what 2dr hatch is?) Accessing the backseat for adults is like crawling under a kitchen sink. There is a quick release, on the passenger side only. The exterior dings and scratches easily, and apparently, some corners were cut on the interior fabrics as well, but nothing to be picky about (seat covers, and extra floor mats are a wise investment). Also, its Not built for speed or racing type performance, as the horsepower just isn't there. Its factory 4 speakers wont blow you away either. With that being said, this is still a GREAT little car to get around town in. Its even good for the occasional weekend get away. (up to 3 adults comfortably, so that the person in back can stretch out). Even on long trips, its still fun to drive. (10 hrs per day is my max). Handling is beautiful, and, its great for getting in and out of tight parking spaces with its impressive turning radius. Shifting with the 5 speed, H pattern stick is smooth, with a forgiving clutch. If you ever wanted to learn, or never owned a stick shift before, this is a great car to start with. The trunk space has ample room for sports equipment/camping gear, luggage and not to mention groceries. Plus the rear 60/40 bench seats fold flat to allow for even more cargo space. The cargo shelf is another nice feature. Ironically, I have found that fuel efficiency is better when doing in-town driving, averaging 32 miles per gal. (55mph max speed, with A/C on 1/3 of the time. That drops to just above 30 on the highway, given the same conditions. Basically, if you are looking for an affordable, yet stylish and reliable car, that you can bang around in, this is a great option. So all things considered I am quite pleased with this car, its a great value for the price. This would be an excellent first car."

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Extremely reliable"

Cons: "Underpowered"

"I preface this review with the fact that my last 4 cars before the Hyundai have been sport sedans (2 BMW 3 Series coupes purchased used) or real sports cars (a restored MGB and a VW Corrado SLC.) The BMWs were great- I got 250,000 miles out of the first one and traded the second on the Hyundai with 194,000 miles. The first one was built far better than the second, or I would probably be driving another BMW now. For the price, the Accent can't be beat. It rides well considering its size and weight. My daily commute is 80 miles round trip and the 1.6L engine does fine at highway speeds up to 80 MPH. Getting there, however, is tedious. Either my previous cars had lots more power (they did) or the Accent is slow as heck (it is.) If the terrain is flat, all is fine. Once the Accent encounters a hill, it becomes "the little engine that could"....barely. The seats (front anyway) are great for long distance cruising. The back seat is good for around town, nothing more. The rear seats do split fold, and the car can carry a surprising amount of cargo. The Accent has been the most reliable car that I have ever owned. It has needed nothing other than routine maintenance. It is also simple enough that I plan on doing my own maintenance one the car's 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty expires. Low power aside, would I buy it again? Yes. In fact, I have recommended Hyundai to friends who have purchased various models, who have been equally pleased. The competition should be worried."

good compact car/great warranty

By on Sunday, June 28, 2009

"The dealer that we went to offered double the factory warranty and some great incentives- lifetime tires,20yr/200,000 mile warranty, discounts on oil changes.. Only had 1 problem so far, the TPMS sensor didn't work properly and cost me a tire. For the size of the engine I think it has great "get up and go""

my little car

By on Monday, June 1, 2009

"ive had this car for 3 years now and still love it. i travel back and forth from chicago to williamsburg, va several times a year and ive never had a mechanical problem. its not the most comfy of cars and the interior seems to scuff a bit but thats par for the course. i got my accent for the mileage it gets and the warrranty it comes with and im happy with it."

Used as a construction truck

By on Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pros: "Great"

Cons: "wears tires fast"

"Bought the 2009 hatchback accent new when gas hit $4.50 a gallon. Traded in a chevy pickup. As of today the car is just getting ready to hit 173,000 miles.Besides maintence (which is a bit pricey), I have done nothing but put front brakes on it. The tires wear fast - about every 25,000 miles new ones are needed. Other than that there has been no problems. I carry concrete test cylinders in it , construction gear , go off road on dirt and stone , the damm thing just keeps on going. Always run synthetic fluids in it. Not the most comfortable ( I am 6 ft. , 230 lbs.) But I cant complain !!"

wish i had bought two

By on Thursday, June 25, 2009

"best car i have ever had!! bought new in 06 and have 115000 miles on it. Have not had any problems at all. Wife drives a cadilac, hers has been in the shop 4 times and only has 80000 miles."

Good econo car

By on Sunday, May 17, 2009

"I drive a daily interstate commute of just under 25 miles round trip Monday-Friday and have no problems getting up to highway speed, keeping up with traffic (even with the A/C on), or in passing people. Basic maintenance is easy on this car. The only thing that I wish is that they hadn't used quite so much plastic on the inside (it's an upgrade of the plastics they used to use in their older models, but it still seems a bit cheap). I like the car, and will look to buy another Hyundai when my family grows!"

Pretty Good

By on Saturday, June 28, 2008

"I have to say at first I was a little upset when I got this car. I went from a Monte Carlo SS to this to save gas and I needed a 4 door car for future children. My fiancee drives a Ford Explorer and when we would take trips it was basically "pick your poison." We went searching for about 2 weeks and we stopped at the Hyundai dealership one day and we were shown the last 2007 Accent they had on their lot. I had to learn to drive a stick, but I absolutely love it now. With gas prices on the rise, this car has saved me from paying a ridiculous amount of money. I put about 30$ in it and I ride for about a week sometimes a week and a half. With the Monte Carlo it was around 45$...and that was before gas went up to 4$ a gallon. The Accent might be a bit small, but its well worth it when it comes to the gas mileage. The interior is enough for children and there are 6-8 cup holders. The trunk is pretty spacious for such a little car. I liked the arm rest in the front and the stereo system. The pick up is a bit slow, but its 1.6 4-cyl so you have to understand that. I went from a 3.8 V6 to a 1.6 4-cyl so it was a big change. I wish this car had more storage spaces, but there are other ways to store things (CDs, pens, etc.). I recommend this car to the people who want to pay a reasonable price, want good gas mileage, and people who like smaller cars. This car is well worth it."

Cute Little Vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"I recently bought a 2006 Hyundai Accent and I just love it. It's a cute little car that is super reliable. When we had some really cold days in winter everyone else had trouble starting their car, but mine started right up. It even handles well in the snow. I just really have no complaints about this car other than I wish it had just a dash more power, but then you would probably give up the fact that this car sips gas."

Hyundi Accent

By on Thursday, August 9, 2007

"Don't get me wrong, I love my Jeep Wrangler but I needed a reliable car that was great on gas and would not leave me stranded on the side of the road and the Hyundai Accent was the best choice. I go all week on 1 tank of gas. And you can't beat the warranty. I love my Hyundai."

Love my car

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

"Love this car, great for commuting to work, gas mileage and small amt of $ to fill it up. Cons:seat belt far away, poor ability to get up steep hills, tire size is hard to find options for, no temp gauge"

Great little car

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Great price, nice looking, very reliable."

Cons: "A bit slow acceleration for my taste."

"I got this Hyundai Accent used. It is a bare bones, no frills model and has served me well. I have never had any mechanical trouble with it and the gas milage is good. I think it's a nice looking car as well. I'm going to keep it and drive it as long as it holds out. Wish list: I really miss not having automatic windows and door locks."

Perfect for Me

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "Practical, Nimble and Cute"

Cons: "Doesn't Like Steep Hills"

"I knew nothing about Hyundai before I bought it, I bought my Accent because it was the cheapest car on the used car lot and I needed a vehicle that same day (I was so ignorant I actually thought they were a Japanese company). I LOVE this little car. It gets really good mileage, it's surprisingly quick for having so little power, and it's so small and light I can navigate traffic easily and park anywhere. They bought my soul however with the warranty. One of my friends broke the sun visor, and they fixed it for FREE! I have never even heard of a car company that gives warranties on USED cars. I don't even need to look at other companies; my second car will either be an Elantra GT or a Veloster."

Great commuter car

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "great on gas. Perfect for a lone driver."

Cons: "Gets tossed around a bit in severe."

"I drove my 2009 Accent off the lot and started commuting 100 mile a day, 5 days a week ever since. It has never failed me. I now have 93,000 miles on it and the only rattle is the drivers window when it is partway down. It's great for one person. Riding with a front passenger can make it feel cramp. The front passenger always wants to use the center armrest, which is designed for the driver as there is no center passenger armrest. Good for hauling kids around town, as long as their little, plenty of room in hte back seat. It works well out on the freeway, but sometimes you can feel pretty small and unseen. No problem gettin up to speed or overall handling. Its a nice tight little car."

great little car good on gas runs fine

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "very good gas mileage on trips handles great"

Cons: "radio could be better"

"made a long trip to the keys and it ran wonderfully and handled great on highways no problems at all and had great gas mileage"

Honest Injun Review

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pros: "They run great for the first two years."

Cons: "Customer Service No help when you really need it."

"Perhaps it's the local dealer, perhaps it's how Hyundai treats it's customer's. You determine! Year one and two, no problems whatsoever (felt as though I paid too much, but felt the warranty and piece of mind were worth it). Year three had sputtering in the engine and engine light coming on. Spark plug sensor (I paid, not covered). Light on again, brought back to dealer, same problem. Problem was a recall (that ran out at 60,000) I had 62,000. Hmmm! Called Hyundai for resolution, sorry! Called to have 1 deferred payment, they bungled this so bad I had a credit demand in the mail. Called to resolve, no resolution. They "badgered" me relentlessly (3 times a day) because they dropped the ball on the deferral. Paid for the late month. Asked the value on trade in because I didn't care for the Corporate service, ONLY 1/3 of what I originally paid with financing. I own a 97 Toyota Corolla and a 97 Honda Civic, both still running strong. Would you like to buy my Hyundai? Never Again!!! Dissapointed."

Fantastic car! Fun to drive.

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "Peppy, fun to drive"

Cons: "Bad for inclement weather."

"I have had this car for four years now. It's actually my first car and it was great for learning how to drive a stick. It's perfect for getting around and short trips the gas mileage is great and I have had no mechanical problems what so ever. The only problem I have with it is it is terrible in the snow and I just recently got a job as a nurse and I have to be able to get to the hospital at odd hours and crazy weather. Other than that this car is wonderful and I am quite sad to have to trade it in for something better in the snow."

Great little car for the money.

By on Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pros: "price is low, is cute to look at, has options to get."

Cons: "not much room, but is a small car."

"Most you can get for the money. Very dependable, good looking car. The automatic is the best option. Smooth ride, great steering, not a great back seat ride, but it is great on gas! Excellent buy."

Low maintenance car, reliable, and fun to drive

By on Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"I bought a 2006 Accent GLS in 2009 and only problem it had was a broken sensor and ignition coil (both fixed by warranty). Take note that 2nd hand owners only get up to 5 yr/50,000 mile warranty only. I save on Gas and I save the environment. I dont have to worry if my car will get stolen since its not a high end car. The headlights give it that stylish look. Lots of trunk space and an arm rest too."

Fantastic MPG!

By on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"I purchased the Accent Blue model after "discovering" my F-150 was costing me over $400 a month in fuel cost. My Accent has the 5 speed manual transmission and AVERAGES 38-40 mpg! The amount of money saved on fuel cost alone covered the monthly car payment, insurance, and put an estimated $20 a month in MY pocket. I still have my "manly" F-150 and love it but, I have no need to drive it to work M-F. Out the door I paid $9400 for mine, so what if I have to roll up/down my windows up and control my own speed sans cruise control. Buy this car for what it is, an inexpensive way to get from point A-B with some surprising pep and handiling thrown in and the gas station will no longer feel like a trip to the dentist office (painful)."

2008 Accent

By on Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"Well, I bought the GLS in a 5 speed standard as the deal was $12,500 out the door with tax. Not BAD... so I thought. In the first 10,000 miles the following had to be replaced by the dealer. - The Radio, The Digital Clock, The Alternator, The Battery, The Oxygen Sensor and the Computer needed a program update. I was in and out of the dealer, I was so dissapointed. It turned out to be that my car was not grounded properly and all the electricals had shorted. Also, I had a sticking valve that the dealer attributed to cheap gas. They supposedly cleaned the fuel system and re-set my computer. I now have 42,500 miles on the car... yes I drive alot.... The paint is great in Silver.. as I am an ex auto detailer and polishing with a Porter Cable XP dual action orbital makes it shine like glass. The interior is cheap. The dash is actually sprayed in a dark grey and it does peel. I touched up some spots with matte black touch up paint and coated the entire dash with mothers protectant to make it look even. At this point, I noticed that the fuel economy is starting to suffer. Thus I installed New Hyundai spark plugs and also installed a K&N Filter. The Engine Definately breathes better, but the fuel economy is not at the rated spec. I am getting about 25 per gallon on the highway.... Most likely due to cruising at 70MPH and the RPM's being so high.. but that is the Long Island Expressway for you. The car is easy to drive and in my opinion very comfortable. But... if you put the car on the lift, you will notice that major parts are starting to rust at the 2 year mark. The exhaust is definately cheap. So are the engine belts (I just replaced them). I also changed the Transmission fluid to full synthetic and installed new wheels and tires. The glass is thin also, I have a bunch of pin holes in the glass, most likely due to the sand used on the highway during winter. the front bumper is also full of mini chips, but I touch them up as soon as I get them. I also had the dealer install the body contoured mud flaps, which save the sides and underportion of the doors and rear bumper from wear. all in all I like the look of the car, it is easy to manuever and gets in any parking slot. Power is a joke. Lots of engine noise, but no go. I guess being use to my other car (2006 Nissan 350Z- 6 speed) has me being biased. Also, there are not too many after market tuning options. I found a full chassis bracing kit in Australia and a Weapon R Air Intake system, but that is it. Other than a 50hp shot of NOS, you have a slow commuter. The Radio is GREAT! excellent reception on XM and the speakers pump. This really surprised me. The Trunk has much room but the carpet is cheap. Also, the Shifter boot is worn and frayed, even though I use Mothers protectant monthly. The floor mats get wiped out quickly, thus I ordered a replacement set for the front, my suggestion is to get a pair of cheap ones and put over the factory new mats. The paint has lots of clear on it, and that enables you to polish the heck out of it. I probably wont buy another accent, but definately have my eye on the NEW SONATA TURBO.. that car is going to be a monster with 275HP. Thanks for reading"

Poor car

By on Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"Ive owned 3 Hyundai accents. I am a courier driver and put about 100,000 miles on a car in a year. All I will drive is accents, good gas mileage, relibility. I had a 2000 that had 250,000 miles on it and never any major repairs. Got a 2002 Accent 300,000 miles no tranny work, no major engine work, just a 50 dollar sensor, wrecked it :(I torture my cars..push them as hard as they go, and haven't been great on the maitainance, those little cars just keep going."

Great car if you live in california

By on Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"Unfortunatly, I have to say that this car was not worth what I paid for. I live in Colorado and most of you know that our weather can change at any time. So getting to the point, if you live in a state with really not too much rain and absolutely no snow this car is perfect for you. It does not handle well in the snow at all! Rain is okay but tends to fog inside easier beacuse your dash is in your face. Another issue is how much it costs to replace the very hard to find and I mean very exspensive tires that do you no good, even though they are "all season" tires. Basically if you need a very compact car to get you back and forth to work and great gas miliage this is the car for you. Other than that this car is worthless"