ZIP code

2007 Hyundai Accent

8.2

Based on 318 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

GREAT CAR WITH FEW NEGATIVES

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pros: "GREAT PRICE AND VERY RELIABLE"

Cons: "TIRES ARE EXPENSIVE,HARD TO FIND, AND DON'T LAST"

"LOVE MY ACCENT! HAD A DEER/CAR HEAD-ON WITH IT BRAND NEW AND IT LOOKED BADLY DAMAGED TO ME, BUT REPAIRED FAIRLY INEXPENSIVELY AND HAS HELD UP WELL. MINE IS A 2007. I FIND THE FIN ABOVE THE REAR WINDOW TENDS TO COLLECT EXCESSIVE DIRT ON THE WINDOW WHEN TRAVELING GRAVEL ROADS. SNOW TRAVEL IS NOT GOOD; THERE JUST ISN'T ENOUGH WEIGHT TO HOLD TO ROAD AND GET UP A SLICK HILL. AND THE TIRES ARE THE ONE THING I HATE; VERY EXPENSIVE, HARD TO GET AND DON'T LAST LONG. OTHERWISE, I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CAR! GREAT MILEAGE EVEN AFTER A WRECK AND HIGH MILES AND AGE. WOULD DEFINATELY GET ANOTHER. HIGHLY RECOMMEND"

Smart choice, but no frills

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"Very economical, simple, fun, easy to park. Doesn't always have the power you want, but you have to give something up to sip the gas so slightly."

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Extremely reliable"

Cons: "Underpowered"

"I preface this review with the fact that my last 4 cars before the Hyundai have been sport sedans (2 BMW 3 Series coupes purchased used) or real sports cars (a restored MGB and a VW Corrado SLC.) The BMWs were great- I got 250,000 miles out of the first one and traded the second on the Hyundai with 194,000 miles. The first one was built far better than the second, or I would probably be driving another BMW now. For the price, the Accent can't be beat. It rides well considering its size and weight. My daily commute is 80 miles round trip and the 1.6L engine does fine at highway speeds up to 80 MPH. Getting there, however, is tedious. Either my previous cars had lots more power (they did) or the Accent is slow as heck (it is.) If the terrain is flat, all is fine. Once the Accent encounters a hill, it becomes "the little engine that could"....barely. The seats (front anyway) are great for long distance cruising. The back seat is good for around town, nothing more. The rear seats do split fold, and the car can carry a surprising amount of cargo. The Accent has been the most reliable car that I have ever owned. It has needed nothing other than routine maintenance. It is also simple enough that I plan on doing my own maintenance one the car's 10 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty expires. Low power aside, would I buy it again? Yes. In fact, I have recommended Hyundai to friends who have purchased various models, who have been equally pleased. The competition should be worried."

Great for around town, and them some...

By on Friday, January 14, 2011

"First of all, this is NOT a convenient family car. (what 2dr hatch is?) Accessing the backseat for adults is like crawling under a kitchen sink. There is a quick release, on the passenger side only. The exterior dings and scratches easily, and apparently, some corners were cut on the interior fabrics as well, but nothing to be picky about (seat covers, and extra floor mats are a wise investment). Also, its Not built for speed or racing type performance, as the horsepower just isn't there. Its factory 4 speakers wont blow you away either. With that being said, this is still a GREAT little car to get around town in. Its even good for the occasional weekend get away. (up to 3 adults comfortably, so that the person in back can stretch out). Even on long trips, its still fun to drive. (10 hrs per day is my max). Handling is beautiful, and, its great for getting in and out of tight parking spaces with its impressive turning radius. Shifting with the 5 speed, H pattern stick is smooth, with a forgiving clutch. If you ever wanted to learn, or never owned a stick shift before, this is a great car to start with. The trunk space has ample room for sports equipment/camping gear, luggage and not to mention groceries. Plus the rear 60/40 bench seats fold flat to allow for even more cargo space. The cargo shelf is another nice feature. Ironically, I have found that fuel efficiency is better when doing in-town driving, averaging 32 miles per gal. (55mph max speed, with A/C on 1/3 of the time. That drops to just above 30 on the highway, given the same conditions. Basically, if you are looking for an affordable, yet stylish and reliable car, that you can bang around in, this is a great option. So all things considered I am quite pleased with this car, its a great value for the price. This would be an excellent first car."

good compact car/great warranty

By on Sunday, June 28, 2009

"The dealer that we went to offered double the factory warranty and some great incentives- lifetime tires,20yr/200,000 mile warranty, discounts on oil changes.. Only had 1 problem so far, the TPMS sensor didn't work properly and cost me a tire. For the size of the engine I think it has great "get up and go""

my little car

By on Monday, June 1, 2009

"ive had this car for 3 years now and still love it. i travel back and forth from chicago to williamsburg, va several times a year and ive never had a mechanical problem. its not the most comfy of cars and the interior seems to scuff a bit but thats par for the course. i got my accent for the mileage it gets and the warrranty it comes with and im happy with it."

Used as a construction truck

By on Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pros: "Great"

Cons: "wears tires fast"

"Bought the 2009 hatchback accent new when gas hit $4.50 a gallon. Traded in a chevy pickup. As of today the car is just getting ready to hit 173,000 miles.Besides maintence (which is a bit pricey), I have done nothing but put front brakes on it. The tires wear fast - about every 25,000 miles new ones are needed. Other than that there has been no problems. I carry concrete test cylinders in it , construction gear , go off road on dirt and stone , the damm thing just keeps on going. Always run synthetic fluids in it. Not the most comfortable ( I am 6 ft. , 230 lbs.) But I cant complain !!"

wish i had bought two

By on Thursday, June 25, 2009

"best car i have ever had!! bought new in 06 and have 115000 miles on it. Have not had any problems at all. Wife drives a cadilac, hers has been in the shop 4 times and only has 80000 miles."

Good econo car

By on Sunday, May 17, 2009

"I drive a daily interstate commute of just under 25 miles round trip Monday-Friday and have no problems getting up to highway speed, keeping up with traffic (even with the A/C on), or in passing people. Basic maintenance is easy on this car. The only thing that I wish is that they hadn't used quite so much plastic on the inside (it's an upgrade of the plastics they used to use in their older models, but it still seems a bit cheap). I like the car, and will look to buy another Hyundai when my family grows!"

Pretty Good

By on Saturday, June 28, 2008

"I have to say at first I was a little upset when I got this car. I went from a Monte Carlo SS to this to save gas and I needed a 4 door car for future children. My fiancee drives a Ford Explorer and when we would take trips it was basically "pick your poison." We went searching for about 2 weeks and we stopped at the Hyundai dealership one day and we were shown the last 2007 Accent they had on their lot. I had to learn to drive a stick, but I absolutely love it now. With gas prices on the rise, this car has saved me from paying a ridiculous amount of money. I put about 30$ in it and I ride for about a week sometimes a week and a half. With the Monte Carlo it was around 45$...and that was before gas went up to 4$ a gallon. The Accent might be a bit small, but its well worth it when it comes to the gas mileage. The interior is enough for children and there are 6-8 cup holders. The trunk is pretty spacious for such a little car. I liked the arm rest in the front and the stereo system. The pick up is a bit slow, but its 1.6 4-cyl so you have to understand that. I went from a 3.8 V6 to a 1.6 4-cyl so it was a big change. I wish this car had more storage spaces, but there are other ways to store things (CDs, pens, etc.). I recommend this car to the people who want to pay a reasonable price, want good gas mileage, and people who like smaller cars. This car is well worth it."