2002 Hyundai Accent

7.9

Based on 414 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

7.6/10

Great on gas and super reliable

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "Gas saver, reliability, price"

Cons: "A little cramped, lack of power"

"I purchased this car new and have averaged 35000 miles a year on it. I regularly drove it from ri to ct and have driven it through two blizzards and have never gotten stuck. The mpg is the best feature of this car and it's reliability is a close second. Aside from brake pads, battery, tires, and a light bulb I have put no money into this car. I do agree with other reviewers that the interior is kinda tight and the window cranks and cup holders are cheaply made and are prone to breaking. I feel that there are small inconveniences that come with owning this car but the pros out weigh the cons by far. I would recommend this car for someone who is willing to sacrifice power and a tiny bit of comfort for the reliability and cost effectiveness this car has to offer."

This car has great pick up, and I get from25-30mpg

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "great price, reliable, great gas mpg's, easy to dr"

Cons: "cup holders are in the wrong place, 10gal. gas tan"

"My accent is a very good car for gas milage, reliability, and speed. Also very compfortable to ride in. Not a lot of back seat room if your tall. I do not have a lot of bells and whistles but my car gets me where I want to go. It is a great car for the cost to value"

little car with alot of reliability

By on Saturday, August 1, 2009

"I bought this car new off the lot a year late,but it is very reliable and cost effective. No bells or whistles just the basic roll down windows, radio fm/am,cassette player, air conditioning what else do you really need to go back and fort to work and local driving. Fun to drive and easy to park. I love my Hyundai."

8 Years and counting

By on Saturday, May 31, 2008

"I got my car as a high school graduation present in 2000. I lived close to work until recently so I only have about 80k miles. I've had two major accidents and this car is still running!! The body is holding up impressively well for an * year old Hyundai. I have auto-trans, clock, and a/c only so I dont have any electrical issues at all. I take my car to the same dealership for all repairs and work-so if they ever cite "shoddy mechanics" as a reason to devalue my car at trade-in, they can look in the mirror. The tires are real cheap to replace. The only gripe I have is that the steeringwheel cannot be adjusted up or down. When the A/C is on, you lose horsepower, which is bad when you live in Texas! I've had to spend a little over $2000 over the years in maintenance, but this car only left me stranded once-when I ran out of GAS!! Every time I want to get a bigger car, I realize that NONE are better. So i'll keep it till the wheels fall off. Then get another. And full coverage is less than $60 for insurance."

Still Alive.

By on Sunday, April 13, 2008

"I dont know why so many people have had so much problems with this model, but I bought mine Brand new in 2001 off the lot with 27 miles on it, today its got over 134k on it and hasnt seen a major service since 2004 rought 70k ago. The awesome thing is it still runs Great. I just filler her up with 85 Octaine Fuel and change her oil about 3k Miles, and I've had no problems except I had to replace the Front right CV Joint and tie rods 2 months after I bought it, but that was my own fault for hitting a rock on the road during a turn. Other then that have not had any problems. perhaps mine was assembled in a better plant lol P.S. on that cheap gas I still manage 34-42MPG and only fill up weekly depending on travel distance."