2008 HUMMER H2

Based on 299 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Saturday, April 2, 2016

Pros: "Everything but gas mileage"

Cons: "mileage"

"Heart broken I finally have to part with my H2 after 185K miles but all great things must come to an end. Drove it every week from SF Bay Area to Tahoe for 5+years. By far the most comfortable drive, much better than my BMW 745. Loved the handling, security and ride."

Best Vehicle I have ever had.

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pros: "Safe, Efficient, Strong, fun to drive"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"This truck is really a fun vehicle to have! It is very reliable, versatile, safe, maneuverable, and the only downside I have is the fuel economy. It has caused NO problems at all for the 9 years I have had it."

Best H2 Ever!!!

By on Thursday, September 3, 2009

"I bought the first 2008 H2 that arrived in Colorado about two years ago. Since I've had it, it's been lifted and dressed up with new wheels and tires that make it look even better. The thing runs great. The luxury edition fully loaded is the way to go... People knock them for what they are, but in terms of an SUV... they simply don't get any better."

Great Ride, Extremely Fun, Like No Other

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Appearance, Size, Reliability, Cargo, Power"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I love this truck. My kids love this truck. Owned it for 6 year and have had no issues with it. Drives well with a lot of power. A ton of cargo space. Extremely comfortable to drive and ride in, seats are huge. Handles surprising well for a big truck and is super in the snow. The look is awesome and will never go out of style. Only negatives are parking in some areas b/c of the size (length and height) and gas mileage (11 mpg)."

Hummer H2 rules the road

By on Saturday, April 24, 2010

"I own the 2008 H2 model and so far we have had zero trouble with it. My wife loves driving it, especially on long hauls from Atlanta to Florida. It is comfortable to ride, it has exceptional brakes and very tight turning radius. When we signal to change lanes, no driver is attempting to cut us off. In spite of its commanding size it feel as light as a feather. I would recommend it to all."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, October 30, 2009

"Owned an H2 for 5 years. NOT ONE SINGLE ISSUE with it in that time. powerful 4WD. A dream to drive, especially in bad weather. Paint job lasts forever. Still looks brand new."

WHY ?

By on Saturday, August 22, 2009

"AS EVERYONE KNOWS BY NOW GM IS DROPPING THE HUMMER BRAND. H2 IS A GREAT SUV. SURE IT HAD BAD PRESS DUE TO GAS MILAGE, BUT GM COULD CHANGE THE GEAR RATIO FROM 4:11 ( OFF ROAD RATIO ) TO A 3:23 ( HWY RATIO). JUST MAKING THAT CHANGE COULD HAVE INCREASE THE GAS MILEAGE TO 17 CITY 26 HWY. 95% OF H2 OWNER NEVER DRIVE OFF ROAD ANYWAY. OFFER A TWO WHEEL DRIVE. WITH WEIGHT REDUCTION. H2 WOULD GET HYBRID MPG"

Looks say it all!

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"I am absolutely in love with this truck. It is everything it's looks imply and doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. Totally capable off road or in inclement weather, yet reasonable to drive on public roads. It is heavy, but has the power necessary to move along fine. The truck bed is short, but it seems to handle my needs perfectly. The upside is that the H2 SUT is more maneuverable than expected, especially in parking lots. I have had no reliability concerns, but I have had the dealer address a couple of loose/rattling trim issues. My H2 gets driven pretty hard though, so I'm not surprised. I really am still in awe over how comfortable it is to ride in. The seats are great and controls are well placed and easy to use. I love the huge moonroof and one touch all-windows-down feature. For me, this one vehicle replaces both a Jeep Wrangler and Chevy Avalanche, and very well. Compared with those trucks, the fuel economy is fine, considering all you get in return. It's not for everyone, but it lives up to the image it presents."

H2 Sut Lounge Chair Ride

By on Tuesday, July 1, 2008

"Bought my SUT LuxW/ new style mirrors New in 2005 and just turn 83K today. Other than regular fluid changes, new tires and some half shafts for the front, I have done nothing to my SUT. Upgrades have been Ziebart sound deadening packing and claybar+seal keep people posing with my car in parking lots to this day. These cars are a steal at 25-32K used 2005 Wranglers are 18-22K Buy one W/ Confidence. AVG 12.8MPG Mobile 1 0W20 gave me .5 MPG Improvement."

Love it

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"I absolutely love my hummer! It runs good, it's reliable, it looks great all the time, it's comfortable to ride in, I haven't found anything that I couldn't do in it. I can pull the boat, drive cross country, run around town, pull off road without any worries park in any parking spot and load the grocieries in the back when I'm done. The only draw back to this vehicle and the only reason I would ever consider trading it in is the pain of filling it up at the gas station. Especially with the rising cost of fuel, 12mpg can be a little brutal!"

good buy

By on Sunday, November 18, 2007

"the hummer h2 is a great car to drive and to look good in. i'm an agressive driver and it can definately take all that i can throw at it. the only 3 problems i have with it are the 3-5 hours i spend keeping it clean, the gas mileage which i have managed to get an average of 9mpg, and the horrible prices that dealers of this company charge to get the smallest thing fixed. i broke the cover of one of my offroad lights and the dealer wanted 50 for it...i got 2 from a regular chevy dealer for 30 and it was on ebay but i couldn't find it again for a set of 4 for 16$. if you dont have a warranty you will pay dearly when it has problems. even tho this may sound bad its the only car i'd want to have right now."

Big boys truck

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Love my Hummer! Bought it new in 2003, have not had a bit of trouble with it. Still turns heads. Had to get the yellow one of course, it's my "big boys TONKA Truck". Would love to put a big red "TONKA" on the side of it. Performance has been suprisingly good for its size and weight, easily hits 65 and have had it over 90. Gas mileage (I still check it almost every tank) has been everywhere from a low of 10.7 to a high of 15.4. Back and forth to work (12 miles) I get about 11.8. Current lifetime, 65000 miles, is 12.8. I really miss having a pick-up but have not been able to bring myself to trade or sell the H2. Fall in love with it every time I look at it."

Will TURN Heads of all ages!

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"Waited Five years to get a HUMMER. It was well worth the wait. Every where we go, people are always looking and commenting on the nice HUMMER. My Four year old daughter just loves it, everytime we pass a HUMMER she yells HUMMER. My 14 year old daughter loves for me to take her to high school and drop her off at the FRONT DOOR!!! My 19 year old son LOVES it also. And my husband, well, lets just say---he loves it when I can pass up a gas station without stopping. lol"

Wicked Off Road

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"We absolutely love our H2 it has unbelievable power and it is so comfortable The gas mileage is bad but its worth it and it hates going over 60. We've pulled quite a few people that have got stuck 2 feet down in mud with no problem. The H2 is ridiculous. Love it would recommend it to anyone"

Own The Road

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"This is my first Hummer I've had it 3 years.I own the H2, pretty big, but I never worry about driving through snow.If you can't find a place to park, you make one. The bad part of course is the gas mileage. I get about 12 mpg. If you can store it in the Summer great. It drives like a fine Luxury vehicle , like it is."

Love My H2

By on Monday, August 6, 2007

"Can't say anything bad about my '06 H2. Unexpected MPG of 13.8. Absolute comfort, great handling, great deal. Have recommended this vehicle to anyone seeking a SUV."

HUMMER says it all!

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Safety, fun to drive, comfort."

Cons: "There are no cons"

"I have owned many SUVs over the years and this is by far the most comfortable, reliable and funnest SUV I have owned. You don't buy a Hummer for gas mileage, you buy a Hummer for it's safety, comfort and stately look. I wish they still made these beautiful vehicles."

Best Vehicle Ever Made

By on Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"This is my 2nd H2 and I will drive it until it falls apart which I would estimate about 75 years from now!"

best suv ever

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"I have owned the tahoe , suburban, excursion and now the Hummer. I love this suv. no problems. I feel reaaly safe in this suv and feel it is the safest for my children. comfort is excellent. only down fall is gas mileage but that is the same like any large suv. suburban ect. love it"

Leave My H2 Alone!!!

By on Saturday, June 20, 2009

"I have owned my H2 for 4 years and would HATE to give it up. I feel safe driving it due to it's weight and size, and the fact that it handles excellently in the harsh Utah winters as well as the 4 wheel driving/towing during the summers. Haven't had ANY mechanical problems with it. It has 48,000 miles on it and will be getting it's first new set of tires this winter. I seriously can't complain about anything on this vehicle. It gets 14.3 MPG, which is about the same as the 2 Tahoes I had owned previously (but is a much nicer vehicle all around). I'm disheartened that it has gotten such a bad rap on it's gas mileage since many SUVs and trucks perform much worse, yet no one bashes on them. Everyone who has ridden in it has been shocked by the smooth ride and the comfortable interior. In fact whenever I go anywhere with my friends they all ask if I will drive. All it takes is a test drive and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's the nicest SUV on the road and handles like a dream."

Like NOTHING else!

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

"I have owned my H2 for slightly over 2 years and wouldn't trade it for anything. It handles beautifully, has NO repeat NO blind spots. Is extremely stable in ice, snow, wet or dry roads. Gas mileage at 14.3 mpg is nothing to complain about, better than most pickups. Any fool who wants to put a Duramax in this vehicle is crazy, has more power than anyone needs. I'm just so disappointed that this line is to be discontinued. GM doesn't know a good product when they have one, this includes the H3, which I owned and loved so-o-o-o-o-o much I traded up to the H2. As I tell everyone, drive one, you'll buy it."

05 sut

By on Thursday, March 12, 2009

"Best suv I ever had"

Can't be Beat

By on Sunday, October 5, 2008

"Perfect for adventures, drive anywhere, anytime. Great for a night out with or without the whole family. Never worry about getting home bound with snow again. Great for family vacations or super shopping sprees. Easy to handle and you can feel safe when the wife and kids are out alone. No one tries to run over a Hummer. Safe!!"

Best SUV out there

By on Thursday, September 11, 2008

"This is our second Hummer the first being an H3 for a year, way too small then now H2 going on 2yrs. nice ride, turns many heads, don't let the size fool you gas mileage is the same if not better compared to a Truck, Ford, Dodge or Chevy so why not ride in class!"

By on Monday, June 2, 2008

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching HUMMER H2 near Honolulu. See local deals