2002 Honda S2000

9.7

Based on 388 Ratings for the 2000 - 2009 models.

9.9/10
    9.7/10

Pure fun!

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"Bought this car new 9 years ago. I still get an uncontrollable smile on my face every time I drive it. Like others have said, it can be very docile around town but take it out on a twisty country road and you will see its other personality. I went to a weekend driving clinic shortly after I got it in order to better learn how to drive it properly. WOW! My appreciation for the car's performance capability in those controlled, supervised conditions went from mere respect to outright reverence. It responds to driver input like no other car I've ever driven. With production now ended and availability declining as inexperienced drivers continue to wrap them around trees, they should hold their value well. But then again, I don't really care since someone will have to pry the keys out of my cold dead hand!"

Go cart

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "handling, acceleration, fun factor and its a Honda"

Cons: "Loud but who cares"

"I have owned two S2000's a 2006 which I sold in 2009 and now a 2005 which I just purchased. I dont know what I was thinking when I sold the 2006 because i have missed the thrill that this car gives and how it rewards the driver with every thrilling turn and acceleration. This is the finest car Honda has ever made when it comes to fun. I was just reading an article on Car and Driver and they had an article about the 10 all time cars you must drive before you die and the S2000 was #10. think about all the cars that have been made since the invention of the automobile and the s2000 is ranked #10 all time to drive."

Excellent weekend car.

By on Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"More serious and performance-oriented than a Miata, but appreciably less a hard-core, trackday car than the Elise, the S2000 fills the gap for drivers who want an exhilerating drive but need the comfort/practicality of a car that can be taken on a weekend trip. The 8,000 RPM engine delivers good power at the high end, but this Jekyll-and-Hyde motor is less impressive (though very efficient) at in-town speeds. Ride comfort is more tolerable than the aforementioned Elise, but delivers direct response and high grip levels. Just be careful with the throttle near the limit of adhesion."

Hot Ride!

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"This is an awesome car! People always want to know, "That's a Honda?" It's quite comical to watch people watch me as they try to figure out my ride. I just happen to be a woman and most of the S2000 drivers I pass in traffic are male. It's so cool to pass another S2K on the road (city or highway) because you always get a wave, headlight flash, nod of the head, a smile, tap of the horn, or the occasional peace sign all acknowledging that's "One Hot Ride!" you're in. My car was made for me. It has so much personality just like it's owner. I saw it up close and personal one day while waiting for my Honda Accord to be serviced. I took it for a test drive (BIG MISTAKE) with the top down two days later. I'm ashamed to admit that I drove it home the same day! The car I had at the time was only two years old. Once you go S2K you never go back. No matter when I purchase another car, the S2000 has a permanent home in my garage."

Unbelievable performance and value!

By on Sunday, November 13, 2016

Pros: "Honda-quality (engine, transmission, balance)"

Cons: "I should have purchased TWO!"

"I purchased my 2003 new, and have driven it only for fun (shredding trans-sierra highways and racetracks). It remains essentially stock, except for lightweight wheels (shedding ~40 pounds), sticky tires, free-breathing intake & exhaust systems, braided SS brake lines, and sprint brake pads (heat quickly). It was THAT great from the factory! S-Car was designed in the mid-1990s to embarrass similar-displacement Boxsters and Z-3s on racetracks and twisty roads, and continues to be competitive against most autos under 3 liters. Of interest, Honda's 2-liter AP1 engine (1999-2003) achieved the highest HP/liter output from any naturally aspirated production auto engine, until Ferrari introduced the 2011 Italia! Also of interest, S-Car was designed with a 'front mid-engine' layout, achieving near-perfect front / rear balance. Very easy to rotate and plant using the throttle. And it makes the sweetest mechanical sounds between 6,200 - 9,000 RPM from any vehicle priced under $250k. Finally, Honda has forever preserved the value of this street-legal track car by ending production in 2009 (poor sales, as 'city-dwellers' sought softer seats, compliant suspension, cup holders, glove boxes, and dull look-alike body styles). S-Car's honest aerodynamic shape, coupled with high-performance running gear, have made the S-Car an instant classic."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda S2000 near Honolulu. See local deals