2000 Honda S2000

9.7

Based on 388 Ratings for the 2000 - 2009 models.

9.9/10
    9.7/10

Pure fun!

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"Bought this car new 9 years ago. I still get an uncontrollable smile on my face every time I drive it. Like others have said, it can be very docile around town but take it out on a twisty country road and you will see its other personality. I went to a weekend driving clinic shortly after I got it in order to better learn how to drive it properly. WOW! My appreciation for the car's performance capability in those controlled, supervised conditions went from mere respect to outright reverence. It responds to driver input like no other car I've ever driven. With production now ended and availability declining as inexperienced drivers continue to wrap them around trees, they should hold their value well. But then again, I don't really care since someone will have to pry the keys out of my cold dead hand!"

Go cart

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "handling, acceleration, fun factor and its a Honda"

Cons: "Loud but who cares"

"I have owned two S2000's a 2006 which I sold in 2009 and now a 2005 which I just purchased. I dont know what I was thinking when I sold the 2006 because i have missed the thrill that this car gives and how it rewards the driver with every thrilling turn and acceleration. This is the finest car Honda has ever made when it comes to fun. I was just reading an article on Car and Driver and they had an article about the 10 all time cars you must drive before you die and the S2000 was #10. think about all the cars that have been made since the invention of the automobile and the s2000 is ranked #10 all time to drive."

Excellent weekend car.

By on Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"More serious and performance-oriented than a Miata, but appreciably less a hard-core, trackday car than the Elise, the S2000 fills the gap for drivers who want an exhilerating drive but need the comfort/practicality of a car that can be taken on a weekend trip. The 8,000 RPM engine delivers good power at the high end, but this Jekyll-and-Hyde motor is less impressive (though very efficient) at in-town speeds. Ride comfort is more tolerable than the aforementioned Elise, but delivers direct response and high grip levels. Just be careful with the throttle near the limit of adhesion."

Hot Ride!

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"This is an awesome car! People always want to know, "That's a Honda?" It's quite comical to watch people watch me as they try to figure out my ride. I just happen to be a woman and most of the S2000 drivers I pass in traffic are male. It's so cool to pass another S2K on the road (city or highway) because you always get a wave, headlight flash, nod of the head, a smile, tap of the horn, or the occasional peace sign all acknowledging that's "One Hot Ride!" you're in. My car was made for me. It has so much personality just like it's owner. I saw it up close and personal one day while waiting for my Honda Accord to be serviced. I took it for a test drive (BIG MISTAKE) with the top down two days later. I'm ashamed to admit that I drove it home the same day! The car I had at the time was only two years old. Once you go S2K you never go back. No matter when I purchase another car, the S2000 has a permanent home in my garage."

Fantastic car to own

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "Affordable performance sports car. Varoom!"

Cons: "No MP3 connection."

"The S2000 has great power and acceleration in all 6 gears and handles extremely well through corners and on the straight open roads. Its smooth short throw shifting, very responsive steering and solid suspension make it an absolute thrill to drive in any situation. Comfortable wrap around leather seats and plenty of leg room add to the overall experience in a very positive way."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda S2000 near Honolulu. See local deals