2017 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $42,273 - $44,516.

Invoice N/A

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 03/02/2017

9.4

Based on 7 Ratings for the 2017 models.

9.9/10
    9.7/10
    9.7/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

Best Honda Ever

By on Thursday, December 29, 2016

Pros: "Ride, Comfort, Quality"

Cons: "Brake pedal feel. Too much pedal travel"

"This is my 4th Honda and definitely the best. They got the redesign totally right. It runs, rides, and handles perfectly. This vehicle is very well thought out from looks to location of controls etc. They are a little pricey but worth every penny."

New to trucks but got it right.

By on Thursday, January 5, 2017

Pros: "Best all around package in a mid-size, best ride."

Cons: "Height over ground could be a little higher up."

"The Honda Ridgeline is my second mid-life crisis and my first truck. All I can say is that I got it right. I have the RTL-T and this vehicle is the best I have ever owned. I am not a "real truck guy," but I needed a new vehicle capable of covering all my needs for the foreseeable and distant future and at 55 I wanted something different, something I had never had before. The Ridgline's combination of luxury ride, more than sufficient truck capabilities, cargo features and technological toys provides more car/truck performance than I will ever need. I read an article that described the Ridgeline as perfect for a family guy who needs a comfortable quality family vehicle that has truck capabilities to haul sheet rock from Loew's on the weekends. That's me! I will also use it to tailgate at West Point for Army football games. I can't wait to try out the trunk under the bed as a cooler. It has a drain plug, so by the time I get home the trunk will be dry. As to the weak points the reviews speak about when comparing to other competitors in the class, all I can say is that I can live with them. The criticisms of the infotainment/navigation system might be correct by expert standards but really don't matter that much in everyday use and you get used to them. Take for instance the criticism of the touchscreen and radio. I will admit that I have never had these tech toys before so I might be just a bit enthralled to have them right now, but I don't find them as annoying or hard to use as the reviews make out. What none of the reviews tell you is that Honda also gives you radio controls on the steering wheel controlled by the left hand. They are very easy to use. There may be better systems in other trucks, but I don't find the Honda's to be as bad as the reviews make out. In conclusion and in my opinion, the Ridgline gives you the best overall package of features and capabilities in the compact segment. No truck is perfect and has it all, but this truck is perfect for most of us "ordinary" people. If you have specific needs such as towing 7000 pounds or driving over boulders you may have to look elsewhere. While not the cheapest platform out there I have always believed you get what you pay for. With the Honda Ridgeline you will be getting real long lasting value and durability for your money. I think it is going to be well worth it over the long haul."

Good Vechile

By on Sunday, October 16, 2016

Pros: "Great gas milage, getting 29 miles to the gallon."

Cons: "Wish it had an area to hide my spare change."

"I have own 3 Toyota Tacoma. I picked the Ridgeline over the Tacoma for the following reason. I do like the dual function tail gate and the lights in the truck bed. I also like have the truck in the truck bed. The cabin is quieter then my Tacoma and the ride is smoother. I do miss the height of the Tacoma. I also like having ac vent to the back of the truck. If you do not do much off roading I would recommend this truck."

Exceptional vehicle but Nav display is toy-like.

By on Saturday, December 10, 2016

Pros: "Great gas mileage, very quite comfortable ride"

Cons: ""Mickey-Mouse" map display - very disapointing"

"This is the 7th Honda vehicle I've owned and by far this the best built, extremely quiet riding one to date. Gas mileage is exceptional and easily beats the EPA estimates. My only significant complaint is the navigation system. It's has an absolute "Mickey-Mouse" layout and terrible use of screen space. The text on the screen is so large a blind person can read it. It has double text bar at the top. One for selecting Audio or Map. Below that is the second text bar that displays the name of the street/highway you're on, or the name of an upcoming intersection. At bottom of the screen at each corner are two text tabs that take up about 2/3rds of the screen width. You can switch the data between the two or turn the data off, but the blacked out data tabs cannot be turned off. Between the upper text bars and the lower text tabs about 20% of the screen is non-usable for map display. The display reminds me of a Garmin Nav that one of my kids have. Then right in the middle of the displays right side there is a big search magnifying glass icon. I will say though the map display functions are fairly fast and responsive to the touch. I like the way one can pinch or stretch the map scale like a smart phone or iPad. Over all, navigation display aside, this is great mid-sized truck."

I love it

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2016

"I like it It is comfort, beautiful design very quiet like SUV"

Per Page:  5 | 10