2010 Honda Ridgeline

Based on 686 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Safe, practical vehicle

By on Sunday, June 21, 2009

"So many people bad mouth the Ridgeline and it really irritates me. And if you can guess, they all are truck owners. How many truck owners haul concrete, gravel or extremely heavy items on a regular basis. Zero that I know. If this is what you do, don't buy a Ridgeline. If you need a vehicle for an occational trip to Home Depot (like 90 percent of people) and you want a vehicle that rides like a car, seats 5 comfortably,has a 5 star safety rating (8 airbags, traction and stability control, ABS brakes) - all standard, then this is the vehicle for you. Another awesome feature this truck has that no others thought of is a tailgate that opens both vertical and horizonal and has a lockable sealed trunk under the bed, this is also where the spare tire is (dry and easy to get to, not under the vehicle exposed to rain, rust, dirt and salt). It can also hold 4x8 sheets of plywood or sheetrock flat between the wheel wells... granted you have to keep the tailgate down but BIG DEAL, how often are you doing that. Another feature that a lot of people don't know is it's front wheel drive all the time and 4 wheel drive when needed (automatically). No other truck is like this, (again, perfect for 90 percent of people). I've driven a lot of trucks and this one BY FAR feels more safe and stable. The only thing I wish this truck had is a little more power. Shop around, I got $7700 off list. For that, it is a no brainer. Even if you don't save that much, this truck is a bargain. And it's a HONDA--RELIABLE!! Need I say more?"

One of the best I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "Solid build, Honda Dependability, acceleration."

Cons: "Size (but not a huge issue)"

"If you declare yourself a "Heavy Truck User" then no, this truck is not for you. If you need a sporty, utility vehicle, yes you read that right, a new classification, then this "truck" is for you. Excellent acceleration, car like ride, in laws love the room in the back row, the in bed trunk with tire stowed inside, body panels that don't bend when you push against them, I could go on forever. I struggle to call this a truck and prefer to call it my "sporty utility vehicle. It has more utility than most and yet remains sporty to drive. Unbelievably comfortable on a long trip. Mileage averages around 19 and I don't baby it. Maybe you'll get more. Mileage rating is not as ipmortant to me as a vehicle that makes me smile every time I drive it. How is service you ask? Not sure, only been to dealer once to get a spare key and they were very nice. All maintenance I have done myself since warranty ended. Car is very easy to work on. Easy access. Negatives....Not really. Price seems high but it is a well built vehicle. I would love to have this vehicle in a chassis that was about 6 inches narrower. It is "slightly" larger than I need but this is no where near a deal breaker for me. I love the midsize truck line that is now disappearing. But this works and works well, very well, veeeeeerryyy welllll indeed."

Best out of my last 6 pickup trucks.

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable and great in the snow."

Cons: "Needs heated mirrors"

"I love the styling, ride and the huge under-bed trunk is fantastic. I have 180,000 miles on it with no problems!"

Still an awesome truck

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "Reliable and versatile."

Cons: "Leg room amd mileage."

"Originally purchased in April of 2005, I am seven years and 120,000 miles in my Ridgeline. As one of the first Ridgeline owners in my area, I can't say I got the greatest deal because discounts were not available at the time, but I have never regretted buying it and the money seems well worth it now. I have kept the recommended maintenance schedule as laid out on the dash indicators as well as the book, and I have never been stranded. It has never been on a tow truck, something that would be hard for most vehicle owners to claim after seven years. This truck still drives as nice now as it did when it was new. It feels solid and tracks straight, the tires wear evenly, the engine remains powerful and the transmission shifts smoothly. It even still drives well off-road. The only downsides are the two that have plagued me since I bought it, although neither have been enough of a problem to have me trade it in. Being tall, I find the dashboard sight lines a bit low and leg room just a tad short. I fit well enough, but I have to get out and stretch once in a while on long drives. Headroom is ample, though, and the interior feels like a full-sized truck. I also wince at the pump from the dismal mileage I get; usually around 16 MPG combined. I am not sure if that is because of living in California, but it certainly doesn't help that I have added after-market weight to the truck with accessories. I can get 19 MPG on highway rides. I have towed and hauled with this truck, but it is small and maneuverable enough to park in my garage or on the street. Mostly it has been reasonable to service and reliable as the day is long. I planned to have this truck for ten years, and by all indications it will make it without much headache. This truck has taken me many great places in California, both on and off the road. It still is an awesome truck."

one great truck

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Does a bit of everything very well good on gas"

Cons: "It is not a pretty truck and interior is lacking"

On street

"I am telling you this is a great truck.. Does a bit of everything and although it is not the best looking truck in or out it makes up for it in ride comfort and good off roading capability.. I am an avid off road rock climber (CJs and TJs) and with 20 years experience I can tell you this truck gets you places you would never think it would.. Like I said I don't use it for that but I have tested it on the trail and the first time you see this truck up in the air on three wheels climbing a frame twister trail you too will be impressed or getting out of 2feet of soft sand after getting stuck,putting in low and locking the diff, up up and away.. I use it to tow my 16ft trailer and put my two dirt bikes in the bed and still get 17-18mpg on the highway.. I average 20mpg without a load on the highway but the best is the ride.. This truck rides just like an Acua MDX(which it is based on)Super comfortable for a truck and seems to be perfectly balanced when coming over a rise.. If you need to get a V8 for heavy towing or cause you are compensating for something else I understand but now adays you can get most everything where it needs to go with a V6 without having to take a mortgage out for the gas..."

On street