2006 Honda Ridgeline

Based on 685 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Most reliable vehicle ever owned

By on Saturday, August 27, 2016

"I use this truck as a work truck as well as my personal car. It has been extremely reliable with only standard maintenance, ie, oil, filter, tires, brake pads"

Best Vehicle I have owned!

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"I have owned only 4x4s (Dodge-Powerwagon, ToyotaSR5, Jeep CJ7 x2, K-5 Blazer x2, Chevy Extended cab PU, Suburban x3) and found myself driving 99% by myself and wanted to down size. I checked all the mid-size SUVs but was intrigued by the style of the Honda. I fell in luv with this truck, but concerned of practicality of hauling medical equipment (wife has a Pilot that I didn't like driving). I bought the RTL w/NAV so it came with all features except the rearview camera. I have driven over 94,000 miles of highway, mountain roads, dirt switchbacks, sand, mud and snow and still love it. It still feels & sounds like it was new. The only type of driving I haven't done is all out rock crawling off-roading (which it isn't intended for) that I did years ago. This is the first vehicle that after 4 yrs & high milage that I want to keep. What I love: seating comfort, storage compartments in & out, trunk, climate control, heated seats/mirrors, performance & handling, no body lean/roll in corners (with or w/o topper), styling, STOP. It'll be easier to say what I don't love: significant blind spots, Honda brand hard tonneau cover, NAV system, & wind noise when moon roof is open caused by the deflector. What would I do different next time: roof rack, aftermarket roll-up hard bed cover & NAV system with reverse camera or sensors, and not install the body side protectors. Useful accessories I have: wheel locks, towing kit, cargo bed net, under-seat storage, auto day/night mirror, security system. BTW... this is first truck I've experienced an increase in mileage by adding a topper to it, +3mpg."

It drives GREAT on Ice and Snow

By on Monday, October 31, 2016

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Gas mileage is only ~ 21mpg"

"I LOVE this truck! It drives better than anything I've ever driven on Ice and Snow!! It's saved my life more than once on the black ice of a North Dakota winter!! And it pulls a loaded trailer very well, too!!"

Perfect for my family

By on Monday, March 3, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, good mileage, lots of storage, price"

Cons: "Cloth seats (dirty easily)"

"I love this truck. It handles like a dream and has the reliability. The swing bed door is a real plus along with the large trunk. My wife and I can go shopping and put all our things in the locking trunk. Fuel mileage has been good at 18 in the city and as much as 24 on the highway using the cruise control. Seating is comfortable too. One drawback is the fabric interior. If I were to buy another Ridgeline I would opt for leather seats and armrests. This is a perfect truck for lightweight loads like small travel trailers and boat trailers. I would definitely buy another one."

Wow!

By on Saturday, November 17, 2007

"I bought one of the first in Kansas City! I traded a 2003 Colorado and went from worst to first. Every time I want a feature, I look around and it's there! The thoughtful engineering, the handling, the fun, and the utility of driving this truck are beyond compare! Holy cow! I out-corner small cars on highway ramps, I out-accelerate other trucks - especially in wet weather. The balance is 55/45 instead of the usual 75/25, so I don't just sit and spin. The tailgate is SO nice! I dont have to lean over 2 feet before i even get to the bed of the truck! The trunk is great for camping and tailgating. You can fit a lot of your favorite gear and/or beverage in there! I could go on for a loooong time about this truck. I can't believe I've had it for TWO years! It seems like a month! Wow! I had the Colorado for 13 months and it seemed like 50 years. It was a P.O.S. I will hang onto my Ridgeline for years and years. I've had no problems and my gas mileage is 19 in town (I try not to leadfoot it) and about 23-24 on freeway. I can carry about a half-cord of wood in my bed (unsplit logs). I even had an accident a year ago - the other car was totaled and I was able to drive away! This is a tough, well-thought out truck. My 16 year old son wants me to give it him as his first vehicle. Yeah, as if. I like it too much. Maybe in 20 years."

Best out of my last 6 pickup trucks.

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable and great in the snow."

Cons: "Needs heated mirrors"

"I love the styling, ride and the huge under-bed trunk is fantastic. I have 180,000 miles on it with no problems!"

Still an awesome truck

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "Reliable and versatile."

Cons: "Leg room amd mileage."

"Originally purchased in April of 2005, I am seven years and 120,000 miles in my Ridgeline. As one of the first Ridgeline owners in my area, I can't say I got the greatest deal because discounts were not available at the time, but I have never regretted buying it and the money seems well worth it now. I have kept the recommended maintenance schedule as laid out on the dash indicators as well as the book, and I have never been stranded. It has never been on a tow truck, something that would be hard for most vehicle owners to claim after seven years. This truck still drives as nice now as it did when it was new. It feels solid and tracks straight, the tires wear evenly, the engine remains powerful and the transmission shifts smoothly. It even still drives well off-road. The only downsides are the two that have plagued me since I bought it, although neither have been enough of a problem to have me trade it in. Being tall, I find the dashboard sight lines a bit low and leg room just a tad short. I fit well enough, but I have to get out and stretch once in a while on long drives. Headroom is ample, though, and the interior feels like a full-sized truck. I also wince at the pump from the dismal mileage I get; usually around 16 MPG combined. I am not sure if that is because of living in California, but it certainly doesn't help that I have added after-market weight to the truck with accessories. I can get 19 MPG on highway rides. I have towed and hauled with this truck, but it is small and maneuverable enough to park in my garage or on the street. Mostly it has been reasonable to service and reliable as the day is long. I planned to have this truck for ten years, and by all indications it will make it without much headache. This truck has taken me many great places in California, both on and off the road. It still is an awesome truck."

one great truck

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Does a bit of everything very well good on gas"

Cons: "It is not a pretty truck and interior is lacking"

On street

"I am telling you this is a great truck.. Does a bit of everything and although it is not the best looking truck in or out it makes up for it in ride comfort and good off roading capability.. I am an avid off road rock climber (CJs and TJs) and with 20 years experience I can tell you this truck gets you places you would never think it would.. Like I said I don't use it for that but I have tested it on the trail and the first time you see this truck up in the air on three wheels climbing a frame twister trail you too will be impressed or getting out of 2feet of soft sand after getting stuck,putting in low and locking the diff, up up and away.. I use it to tow my 16ft trailer and put my two dirt bikes in the bed and still get 17-18mpg on the highway.. I average 20mpg without a load on the highway but the best is the ride.. This truck rides just like an Acua MDX(which it is based on)Super comfortable for a truck and seems to be perfectly balanced when coming over a rise.. If you need to get a V8 for heavy towing or cause you are compensating for something else I understand but now adays you can get most everything where it needs to go with a V6 without having to take a mortgage out for the gas..."

On street

Why doesn' t everyone own one?

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Great price then, kinda has gone up since 07"

Cons: "air conditioning in weak , needs tinted windows"

"I think sometimes this truck gets a bad rap. We have towed a huge trailer, went 4 wheeling in Pismo(used the trunk for an ice chest) and recently drove through the mountains in chains only conditions without ever kicking in 4 wheel drive or putting on chains. Its a pleasure to drive, very low maintenance and has incredible retail value. It does whatever a so called big truck can do except it fits in a garage and parking spot at the mall!"

Best car I have ever owned by far!!

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"This truck does it all. Rides great, quiet, dependable..... My buddies all give me grief because I don't drive a "real" man's truck. They call my Ridgeline a Cheerleader truck. Fine by me. I have had my Ridgeline in heavy snow, off-road in mud and on the beach. It never fails me. Can not find a single thing I don't like about it. I have never been able to say that about any other vehicle I have owned. You get what you pay for with this Honda."