2016 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews

26 transactions
in the last 90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/9.6

7.6

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2016 - 2017 models.

7.4/10

Pricey car but worth it

By on Thursday, May 11, 2017

Pros: "Good gas milage, roomy"

Cons: "Archaic radio system"

"Bought my Elite new and so I far have put 2,300 miles on it. I like cars but am not a car guy so take my review for what it is. It handles pretty well and it gets better gas milage than my 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. It drives smoother and with less jarring then my old SUV but I really wish it was better over big bumps. I have read about the 9 speed engine not being so smooth but I have not noticed it being too bad. It does not have much pickup but that help the gas milage. The collision mitigation, forward collision warning system, road departure mitigation system, cross traffic blind-sport info system & lane keeping assist system can confuse you but I am sure in time they will all become second nature to me. The one thing that people have complained about and I will too is the infotainment system. It may not mean much to others but to me it does but it take 10-15 seconds after you start the car for the radio to come on. It also takes that long to come on when you stop the car and want to sit in the car while waiting for someone. Its not a deal breaker but it is aggravating. I also wish the radio came with a knob instead of a push button slider. Overall, I like the Honda Pilot Elite and would recommend it."

Great family vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Pros: "Great 4 family / spacious / smooth / 3rd row room"

Cons: "Darker interior would have been nice"

"My wife and I are the ones who refuse to get a mini van (family of 4..hoping 5)....and after extensive research we decided on a HONDA PILOT LX. We didnt need anything too fancy. We wanted 1. Reliable 2. Comfort. 3. Spacious. So far so good - I test drove many in the mid size SUV and HONDA PILOT won. The mid size SUV feels like a car - steering is extremely easy/non stiff for a mid size. Comfort is great / the extra space in the back makes a difference. We looked at Kia Sorento and Hy Sante Fe...liked both of them but Pilot seemed a hair smoother on the ride / more spacious 3rd / more cargo space. And we got it for under MSRP! We couldnt be happier with our Honda purchase...time will tell if it holds the Honda name and last over 10 years (My old ford explorer in the past did not!!)"

Questionable purchase at this point in time.

By on Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Pros: "Nice exterior and over all ride is good."

Cons: "Interior is more plastic and vinyl"

"This is the 5th Honda I have owned, but the first SUV. I did all the research, read all the reviews, and test drove 18 different vehicles before purchasing the 2016 (9 speed automatic transmission) Pilot. A little over 1 year after purchasing it (purchased in summer of 2015) I started to hear chirping sounds when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd. I just walked out of the dealer in shock - I need a new transmission at only a little over 11,000 miles. Yes it is covered under warranty but I am very disappointed as this is the 3rd Honda vehicle I've owned with transmission issues. Needless to say I'm holding my breath as to to see how this plays out. Sorry Honda - last chance. I will not be buying another Honda."

2016 Pilot was my second Pilot

By on Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable, easy to use third row"

Cons: "Nav Sys was an afterthought for designers"

"I bought a 2016 in Dec 2015 and now have more than 9,000 miles on it. Only negative is the Nav System and I can't recommend it (very expensive option that wasn't well vetted). Within 3-months of purchase I was informed the software was out of date and needed to be upgraded. I looked at the online option and was info'd to expect 4-hours to accomplish the task myself. The local Honda service dept. didn't seem to be too engaged when I asked about it. Biggest gripe with Nav is the display where you can't easily identify optional routes when in traffic or zoom in/out - its a forward looking display rather than a top-down where you can see upcoming intersection / side streets and whether or not they go through. That said, I regularly drive up and down the central valley of California for 300-400 miles per day and the ride is very comfortable with no discomfort following 6-7 hours behind the wheel in a day. I also like the Sirius/XM radio and didn't hesitate to purchase a subscription based on my use. Lastly, the third row seating is very easy to use or lay down and the Honda rear mat was well designed folding so it can be easily used whether the 3rd row is up or down."

This car has revolutionized my driving experience

By on Thursday, December 29, 2016

Pros: "EX-L is a luxurios trim, sensing option is great."

Cons: "I have no cons to offer for this car as of yet"

"I have owned my 2016 Pilot EX-L with Honda Sensing technology for over 6 months now and driven 6500 miles. We wanted a comfortable, reliable and perhaps foremost a safe car for a family of 4. When testdriving it I fell in love with the smooth, solid and quiet drive the Pilot offered. It felt like a really well put together car with excellent driving dynamics and performance. The Sensing option captured my imagination and have not regretted paying the extra $ 1000 or so for this amazing technology. The adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist really make driving on the interstate and other highways effortless. I was initially somewhat sceptical but after having figured out it's features and limitations I now religiously use it every time. The computer takes over the routine small adjustments of the steering wheel required to keep in the middle of the lane. It also adapts to traffic speed in front of me with a distance selector function up to the upper speed limit I set. I have read criticisms about the abrupt reactions in certain driving situations, however this can be eliminated with preemptive driving and has not bothered me at all. It might not be the best in heavy traffic though. On the other hand it is surprising how these two functions of the sensing technology has reduced fatigue I usually got on longer drives before I started using them. The road departure and collision mitigation system are also great features and peace of mind and who knows when they might in fact become a saving grace. I can very easily imagine that it can indeed avoid a collision due to brief inattention for example. The car does accelerate briskly, braking power could be a little better. It turns around in a surprisingly small radius considering the size of this car. The passenger side rear view mirror camera is also a great safety feature, which took a while to get used to, but now it's easy and makes changing lanes a lot safer for sure. The leather interior is great, very spacious with adjustable legroom even in the second row, with easy to fold second row seats with a touch of a button. Also reasonable third row seats and legroom competing with minivan third rows. We haven't really used the 3rd row and the seats are currently folded for cargo space. The climate control system is really efficient and second row is also very well climatized with separate controls and multiple vents. A feature we love is starting the engine from a distance using the remote key, which helps cool the car down quicker when boarding on sunny days. I cannot fault this car in any way. So far so good and all members of the family absolutely love it."