2011 Honda Pilot

Based on 343 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

All-around excellent value and fun to drive

By on Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pros: "Good value, reliable, enjoyable to drive."

Cons: "Ventilation controls could be a easier to use."

"We have owned this vehicle for nine months, and the more I drive it, the more I like it. We drive in traffic and it's nice to be able to see what's going on in front of you. It's plenty roomy, maneuverable, and fun. The ventilation controls are different than our Accord, so I always have to look, but there are numerous options. Overall, I like driving it better than any vehicle we have owned, including our Maxima station wagon and either of our Accords, which I really enjoyed. We've driven nothing but Hondas for 12 years, and they have been unfailingly reliable so far."

Economical HMMWV!!

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, Ease to drive, looks, everything"

Cons: "Adjusting to width, instument controls"

"We have had our 2012 Pilot Touring w/RES & Nav since November 2011. It has been an incredible car/truck. It is very easy to drive as the steering is responsive and smooth. The engine is no maintenance and stong (not throaty or truck-like)...we had used synthetic oil since mile #1. We have black on black...so, it shows extremely well, almost luxury when detailed. We couldn't be happier, as its the wife's car and the boys thoroughly enjoy the space and conveniences. The cargo room is more than you would expect (I have easily moved furniture and a full size bed w/box spring just by putting the second row down). The toughest adjustment was getting used to the instrument controls/RES/radio controls and getting comfortable with the width of the Pilot (it is wider than the standard SUV). I highly recommend this car for those that don't want the stereotype of a minivan, but the conveniences of one. It has the reliability of a Honda, quality of a Lexus, and size of a HMMWV."

We Love Our 2012 Pilot

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pros: "priced right, decent gas mileage, kid friendly"

Cons: "power mirror issues, minor recalls"

From Delivery, To Snow, To Hauling The Xmas Tree...

"I've been a member of "Team Honda" since I turned 16, and this is my 7th Honda purchase or lease. Hands down, it is the best vehicle I'e ever owned. For families, it's a great Dad or Mom's car and convenient enough to haul almost anything you can think of (within reasonable expectations for a SUV). We opted for the entertainment package vs. the touring model - our kids love controlling the DVD player with their own remote & wearing the wireless headsets which allows us to enjoy our own music during road trips. With the 3rd row down, which is the configuration we choose most of the time, there's a ton of room in the rear area for sports equipment, beach chairs, etc. My only gripes about the truck, even though they are minor, are: the power mirrors started "jump" when they were adjusted after only about 20K miles (but they still work & Honda did nothing), there were 2 recalls (but they were promptly fixed by Honda), and our positive battery cable started to corrode (but it wasn't that expensive of a fix). During the time we've owned our Pilot, we've moved from a hot to very cold climate and back to hot again - and the truck handled it like a champ. I'd strongly suggest this car to anyone looking for a great SUV that, with regular maintenance, will perform well for years to come. If the latest models are anything like the 2012s, you can't go wrong."

From Delivery, To Snow, To Hauling The Xmas Tree...

I love my 2010 Touring Pilot.

By on Saturday, December 5, 2009

"I moved from a 2004 Honda Pilot to the Touring Pilot for 2010. What a car, M.B. nor Lexus has anything over the Pilot. Runs and performs great, the ride is like a world class car. Ergonomics are awsome, the GPS system/Bluetooth is great. Regarding some reviews stating the steering tilts to the right, it does, ever so slightly though and not an issue for me. Fuel economy is not as good as my 2004 pilot, I thought with the VMC would make up for the larger size Pilot, but it does not. This is a great car."

2010 Pilot EX-L

By on Monday, November 16, 2009

"I absolutely love this SUV. It has great head and leg room. It has a very good list of options for this model. The vehicle feels very solid, but the ride is very comfortable for an SUV. It is slightly wider than I expected, which took me a little while to get used to when it comes to parking it in the center of the marked lines. The only thing I have yet to figure out is where Honda gets the estimated 23 MPH highway. The best I've seen to date is 21."

2011 Pilot Touring

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Good trip vehicle, lots of extras"

Cons: "Cost-over $42K, ride is still a little rough."

"This is my second Pilot and 1st touring model. I really like the features and convenience items. The power tailgate is a plus. The split in the tailgate that allows the window to open while the gate is closed is also good. Like this vehicle better than my old Cadillac Seville."

good suv

By on Friday, October 7, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "you could include more accessories for 30K"

"increase power by 20 HP, increase EPA in Highway, improve the aerodynamic in the front and it will be perfect."

By on Thursday, October 14, 2010

By on Monday, February 8, 2010

Good SUV, very reliable

By on Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Pros: "great finish in compare with similar Toyota"

Cons: "Discard away navigation system"

"The navigation system is a piece of garbage, unreliable."