2011 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews

All-around excellent value and fun to drive

By on Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pros: "Good value, reliable, enjoyable to drive."

Cons: "Ventilation controls could be a easier to use."

"We have owned this vehicle for nine months, and the more I drive it, the more I like it. We drive in traffic and it's nice to be able to see what's going on in front of you. It's plenty roomy, maneuverable, and fun. The ventilation controls are different than our Accord, so I always have to look, but there are numerous options. Overall, I like driving it better than any vehicle we have owned, including our Maxima station wagon and either of our Accords, which I really enjoyed. We've driven nothing but Hondas for 12 years, and they have been unfailingly reliable so far."

Economical HMMWV!!

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, Ease to drive, looks, everything"

Cons: "Adjusting to width, instument controls"

"We have had our 2012 Pilot Touring w/RES & Nav since November 2011. It has been an incredible car/truck. It is very easy to drive as the steering is responsive and smooth. The engine is no maintenance and stong (not throaty or truck-like)...we had used synthetic oil since mile #1. We have black on black...so, it shows extremely well, almost luxury when detailed. We couldn't be happier, as its the wife's car and the boys thoroughly enjoy the space and conveniences. The cargo room is more than you would expect (I have easily moved furniture and a full size bed w/box spring just by putting the second row down). The toughest adjustment was getting used to the instrument controls/RES/radio controls and getting comfortable with the width of the Pilot (it is wider than the standard SUV). I highly recommend this car for those that don't want the stereotype of a minivan, but the conveniences of one. It has the reliability of a Honda, quality of a Lexus, and size of a HMMWV."

We Love Our 2012 Pilot

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pros: "priced right, decent gas mileage, kid friendly"

Cons: "power mirror issues, minor recalls"

From Delivery, To Snow, To Hauling The Xmas Tree...

"I've been a member of "Team Honda" since I turned 16, and this is my 7th Honda purchase or lease. Hands down, it is the best vehicle I'e ever owned. For families, it's a great Dad or Mom's car and convenient enough to haul almost anything you can think of (within reasonable expectations for a SUV). We opted for the entertainment package vs. the touring model - our kids love controlling the DVD player with their own remote & wearing the wireless headsets which allows us to enjoy our own music during road trips. With the 3rd row down, which is the configuration we choose most of the time, there's a ton of room in the rear area for sports equipment, beach chairs, etc. My only gripes about the truck, even though they are minor, are: the power mirrors started "jump" when they were adjusted after only about 20K miles (but they still work & Honda did nothing), there were 2 recalls (but they were promptly fixed by Honda), and our positive battery cable started to corrode (but it wasn't that expensive of a fix). During the time we've owned our Pilot, we've moved from a hot to very cold climate and back to hot again - and the truck handled it like a champ. I'd strongly suggest this car to anyone looking for a great SUV that, with regular maintenance, will perform well for years to come. If the latest models are anything like the 2012s, you can't go wrong."

From Delivery, To Snow, To Hauling The Xmas Tree...

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted