2008 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 929 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK :)

By on Friday, March 3, 2017

Pros: "Engine has lasted well (215K miles)"

Cons: "BAD TRANNYS IN THIS YEAR OF PILOT!!"

"I purchased my 2003 Pilot in 2013 with lots of previous receipts and 155,000 miles. The second week I drove it, the tranny slipped and the check engine light came one. Yep, the tranny needed to be replaced, dealer cost was 4900. What I want you to know is, please google 2003 honda pilot transmission troubles and you will find lots of documentation about the problems Honda had with that year of Pilot and the Honda Van. Please beware, I would recommend you purchase another year model :)"

Excellent car, especially for its size

By on Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Pros: "Great design; Reliable; 8-passengers; turns well"

Cons: "Headrests"

"I purchased my 2004 Honda Pilot in 2007 with about 30,000 miles on it. It was my first car, and drove it like most teenagers do, rough. Im talking hitting curbs, taking turns too tightly, hitting speed bumps and pot holes hard. After all of that, she still runs amazingly. I have never had any real issues with her. Only downside, in my opinion is the headrests. They are not very comfortable. But that is the most minor issue. There also isnt bluetooth, but I had an adapter installed for about 175, and it works perfectly! I also love that the transmission shift is behind the steering wheel, giving you amble room in the middle console for all your personal items. In addition to this, there are NINE cup holders. And the third row fits three people very comfortably. I really want a new car, just for the new bells & whistles that are now available, but Im afraid Im not going to find anything nearly as reliable as my Pilot, so Ill most likely just keep driving her until she is no longer drive-able... which I am now starting to question if thatll ever become the case, since shes going on her 13th year. Again, I can not emphasize enough how great of a car this is."

No problems at 10 years and 180k miles

By on Friday, June 17, 2016

Pros: "reliable, holds a ton of stuff, low maint"

Cons: "boring appearance"

"Love this SUV, sold on Honda reliability. My wife and I bought it new, took it on multiple 2-3k road trips and zero problems. This car is great in the snow, can fit an 8foot christmas tree with ease, and best of all it doesn't break allowing us to put our money in investments and home improvements like our kitchen remodel. We we're so impressed we bought an 2011 Acura MDX new and it's 80k mileage is just the start. Zero problems with transmission or the engine. I've had two Z28's and an Audi S4 in my early years and all of those vehicles were expensive to repair and unreliable."

Solid choice, do the recommended maint

By on Thursday, October 29, 2015

Pros: "4wd is great, awesome for families"

Cons: "Mpg could be better, plastic wears easy"

"This has been a great sub for us, our first one was a 2006, it was totaled, I had a loan on it. The payoff check purchased our current 2003 Honda Pilot, it had 197k on it, we purchased for 3500, there were people calling the seller off the hook, but we were first to come with cash. He had all ain't receipts, and car was in good shape, it was 4wd. So the timing belt teeth broke off at 202,00 miles, it happened in my garage, so I don't believe the valves to be damaged. I replaced the belt myself, and will finish this week. I just really wanted to write in to everyone. Also when we bought it the tranny started acting up, a fluid exchange at the dealer for 225$ corrected all problems, and it drive the 5,000 miles to its current state with no issues on tranny. We will spend money to fix it if I cannot myself, there are 2 pilots on CL right now that are same year, lower miles, one is 2wd for 9995, the other 4wd for 11,995! A good suv if reg maint is done with Honda fluids only!"

Great SUV! great value and relaiability!

By on Tuesday, May 5, 2015

"I have owned a Honda Pilot for 11 years ( same car) and it has proven to be the best car I ever had. safe, reliable, and effecient. I made each of my daughters drive this SUV their firt year of driving and it was a good idea. Kept both of them safe with fender benders in New Jersey that are sometimes unavoidable."