2005 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 931 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

I love love this vehicle.

By on Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"It has a great ride, visibility is good and highway milage has been close to 25 mpg. It has been extremely dependable, probably the best vehicle I have ever owned."

one of the best

By on Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cons: "slightly underpowered"

"great vehicle good fuel mi. 23mpg surprising offroad performance wouldnt want to do continuoslly but occasionally great not built specifically for this absolute great road ride lacks a little power on hilly roads perfect family vehicle roomy and comfortable seats for long trips have 2003 accura tl type s also pilot is vehicle of choice for comfort,no comparrison"

Afraid of Owning anything other then a Honda

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Handles well for a SUV"

Cons: "Mileage?"

"My first new car was the 2004 Honda Pilot which runs like a champ. Other then a water pump and a window motor she had been well worth the value. Handles well for a larger car, gots plenty of torque and stops on a dime. Wish the rear window opened but love the interior space. Feels more like a sedan then an SUV and has plenty of under carriage space for things like pot holes."

Dependable, comfortable transportation.

By on Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pros: "I feel secure in this car. Feels sure-footed."

Cons: "gas mileage could be better"

"I purchased new and have had 5 years of satisfied use of this car. It seems stable on curves and hills. Radio controls on steering wheel are convenient and do not require removing my eyes from the road."

Very reliable, even with high mileage

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "Room, reliability"

Cons: "Gas mileage about 19 combined."

"No air conditioning or expensive repairs at all. Tires have been largest expense."

Nice comfortable car 3 row seating 4 wheel drive

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "Had it for 4 years nice car 3row seats silv 4x4"

Cons: "Needs rear door shock carpets cleaned lil talc"

"Good paint,good seats good gas mileage,need rear door shock car has had 100.000 mile tuneup including timing chain and harmonic balancer,oil change new brakes and drums.also new belt.only 105.000 miles"

solid,reliable vehicle

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "handles like a sports car"

Cons: "slight road noise"

"great car with no problems at all. my wife loves her pilot"

Excellent Choice

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

"After being in a bad accident, I bought my Pilot brand new, mostly for the safety features. Ive had it for 6 years now and 121k miles...couldn't be happier with it. I have followed the maitnance plan and my car still runs like new. The Pilot is safe..spacious and good on all road conditions. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a mid sized SUV."

Reliable, comfortable and carries a lot of stuff.

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "Carries a lot of stuff in comfort."

Cons: "Poor rear view visibility."

"Purchased this car to carry soccer team and it did. Also have used it to transport rescue dogs, kids to college and on errands. Lots of room inside. Has a comfortable ride and nice seats too. Very reliable transportation. Only drawback is rear view is impaired which makes backing up difficult."

Low maintenance, very reliable, comfortable

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"This is the first Honda vehicle we've ever owned. Owned 3 VW's before that and had a lot of problems with all 3 of them (even though they were a blast to drive, when everything worked). During the first 5 years, the only unscheduled maintenance we needed was $180 for new front suspension links. They actually began rattling at about 3 years old. Just replaced the brake pads and rotors at 41,000 miles (5 1/2 years) - mostly city driving. The only other thing I've done is have to tighten the rear hatch latch attachment bolts (10 min. job I did myself). So overall, a VERY reliable vehicle. As far as comfort, we've taken it on two long-distance trips and we averaged 22mpg on one trip (70 mph and used A/C) and 24 mpg on the other trip (60-65 mph with no A/C). City driving renders about 16 mph (I think the heated seats use up about 1/2 mpg!). The only additional equipment we have is the auto day/night dimming rearview mirror, which is one of our favorite features - it works like magic. One of the only complaints we have is the freeway driving noise is a little higher than it's competitors (Explorer, Highlander, etc.) and the engine idle noise seems a little higher than necessary (you only hear this if outside the car, or windows are down). The 3rd row seat is very easy to use. We regularly take 6 people (soccer team carpooling) and there is plenty of room. The little compartment which stows the 3rd row headrests is quite clever (when the 3rd row is stowed and not in use). The spare tire is good-sized and relatively easy to get to in order to put air in it a couple times per year. The Pilot has one of the best turning radii in its class. In fact, it turns sharper than the VW cars that we've owned! And the steering is very good on the highway, as far as keeping centered in one's lane. The Maintenance Minder annunciator system works very well, so we never miss oil/filter changes and other miscellaneous recommended maintenance. The only "annoying" part to the vehicle is that whenever you turn on the environmental system, it automatically turns on the A/C compressor with it. Most of the time when the compressor is not needed (winter, spring, and fall), you have to make a 2nd button push to disengage the compressor (to save fuel and wear/tear on compressor). If the humidity/moisture is higher (during winter snowstorms, or rain events) the 3rd row side windows have a tendency to fog up quicker than would be expected. And in this case, a liberal use of the a/c compressor will do the trick. Overall, no vehicle is perfect. But, the 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L is as close to a perfect vehicle in my book. Highly recommend it for those who need or desire an SUV. We will likely keep it for 15 years."