2005 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 927 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Excellent car, especially for its size

By on Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Pros: "Great design; Reliable; 8-passengers; turns well"

Cons: "Headrests"

"I purchased my 2004 Honda Pilot in 2007 with about 30,000 miles on it. It was my first car, and drove it like most teenagers do, rough. Im talking hitting curbs, taking turns too tightly, hitting speed bumps and pot holes hard. After all of that, she still runs amazingly. I have never had any real issues with her. Only downside, in my opinion is the headrests. They are not very comfortable. But that is the most minor issue. There also isnt bluetooth, but I had an adapter installed for about 175, and it works perfectly! I also love that the transmission shift is behind the steering wheel, giving you amble room in the middle console for all your personal items. In addition to this, there are NINE cup holders. And the third row fits three people very comfortably. I really want a new car, just for the new bells & whistles that are now available, but Im afraid Im not going to find anything nearly as reliable as my Pilot, so Ill most likely just keep driving her until she is no longer drive-able... which I am now starting to question if thatll ever become the case, since shes going on her 13th year. Again, I can not emphasize enough how great of a car this is."

Just what I wanted.

By on Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pros: "Big, safe, reliable, comfort"

Cons: "None really come to mind."

"I did my research for a bout 1 year prior to buying. I knew a larger SUV was what I wanted. I always came backto the pilot. I have a 2006 EX that I bought in 2012 with 48,000 miles. I absolutely Love this vehicle. I have 2 kids, and my 2 kids have friends! spacious, safe, reliable and doesnt drive like an eight-seater. The gas mileage is not as bad as you might think. The 4WD is a MUST in New England. Great feature. I would highly recommend this SUV for a family."

Excellent, well-built vehicle

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Versatile, comfortable and easy to drive"

Cons: "A little thirsty on fuel"

"My 2004 pilot has over 215,000 miles on it, and still feels like it's brand new. Solid vehicle,..No squeaks, buzzes or rattles. A few mechanical and eletrical problems at about 100K, but after that not too much. One of the best cars I ever owned! I would highly recommend..."

Best car ever owned. No maintenance problems.

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Good family car and cargo capacity."

Cons: "Slight pause in transmission when acceleating"

"Drive over Sierras and around Tahoe in snow regularly. Great car, best ever owned. In over 5 yrs and 127K miles have had no maintenance problems. Very good gas mileage 21-23 mpg. Have carried 8 adults with 3 in 3rd row. Grand kids regularly like to sit in 3rd row. Great for family travel. great handling and acceleration. Compared to American cars I have owned (Buick LaSabre, Mercury, Plymouth)Honda Pilot has been far superior in quality and durability. Love it."

No Complaints, it just works!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, maintenance free, easy to own"

Cons: "styling"

"Never really loved the way this car looked, but it has been trouble free, amazingly reliable (knock on wood) and easy to maintain. We've had it on several long road trips up to 1,000 miles and my family has had no complaints. As my kids get bigger it would be nice to have more legroom in the back but it is fine for everyday use at the moment. The interior has all the features we wanted but we didn't have to pay a lot extra (i.e. the Toyota 4Runner Limited was $10k more). We've had it in some of the biggest snow storms in N. CA and it was better than I expected. We would certainly buy another one if there was a bigger model. Congrats to Honda they made a car worth the money - now make a bigger version."