2004 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 926 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Great road trip SUV

By on Friday, August 20, 2010

"After 5 years, and 60k, I'll give it a thumbs up. No mechanical problems so far. This is the best camping/road trip vehicle I've owned - comfortable, lots of room, absolutely reliable, gas mileage is pretty good if you keep the speed down. And it cruises at 75+ easily even when fully loaded, with stuff on the roof rack. My complaints? I am finally putting better tires on, which should help with road noise, which is a bit more than I'd like. The spare is a doughnut rather than a full sized tire - I'll be taking care of that as well. This is not a truck based 4WD SUV. It does fine on snowy roads, but its clearance and traction are not for really rough dirt trails."

Great mid sized SUV

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"We bought an 06 LX AWD with cloth seats, most comfortable seats of any of the 25 or so vehicles I have owned/driven. Got up to 26mpg on trips. No so great on gas back and forth to work though. Fits up to 7 pretty confortably with more room for luggage in the back. Added tow hitch, running boards and roof rack, window and hood shields and it looks a lot better than without. Controls and interior is not bad, cleaned up easily too. Planning to buy another one soon. Not as good mpg as Highlander but much more room and more confortable seats."

Good Car!

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"My 2004 is 4 yrs old with 113K on it. It's been perfect. except for one time when the engine froze at 88K mi. ( well over warranty.) The problem was a rear camshaft bearing. I had changed oil every 5 k mi or so, ( the spec is for 7.5 ), and had the paper to prove it. I called Honda, faxed them the dealer invoice, and they paid for the 2K in parts needed for the repair. Now that's standing behind a product. The car is a virtually perfect design, but strong points are the handling and turning radius. The car looks smaller than it is. Whenever I think something won't fit - it does. It would be nice if the back seat folded flat, and the gearshift is a bit fussy, but those are quibbles. I'm waiting for the diesel hybrid version around 2010."

this has been a great car. very quiet reliable.

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pros: "reliable, quiet, well built"

Cons: "paint not holding up to fl sun"

"our only complaint are with the paint which has faded on the roof and rear hatch. kids love the dvd player and it has had many road trips.i wish I could buy another as the new body style isn't as nice as the 07. I would buy another one just not burgundy."

Honda Pilot Best Car Ever!

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pros: "price, great drive, functional and reliable"

Cons: "change location of front cup holders & rear vents"

"I have now had this car for over 10 years and love it, it was purchased in the introduction year it is dependable, functional and a true family car. I have not had any issues, I would get another one but the kids are all gone too big for one person. Great value for the money!"