2004 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 932 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

AMAZING car!

By on Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Pros: "durable, reliable, hardly breaks down"

Cons: "old school! no bluetooth, or cams, leather int"

"I love this car! Purchased in 2015 with 110,000 & only one previous owner. My car has yet to break down. I fixed all springs in the car because previous owner did horrible job when they lowered it. The car now has over 190,000 miles because I take a lot of road trips. My tranny nearly blew due to a small leak but no light came up on the dash board (only complaint so far). This can fit my 3 kids, husband and parents comfortably. I also have a TV i recently updated with works great !! An amazing buy & i will keep using it until it gives up on me."

Great car!

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Great family vehicle and handy."

Cons: "Little too tall for this 4'10" retiree!"

"I don't need a car this big any more - its 8 passenger. Has gray leather interior with 3rd row seating. Very comfortable riding vehicle and very handy having the fold down seats."

Great low maintenance hauler

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Low Maintenance, great pick up and room"

Cons: "Can be a little noisey at 70mph+ speeds"

"We've had the 2007 Pilot for over 7 years and have driven it on long drives to Florida and DC from Michigan multiple times without issue. The Pilot handles the nasty snow storms with plenty of grip and clearance. The Pilot is surprisingly large inside - the SUV swallows a 7ft Christmas tree with the seats down without issue. The best thing I like about the Pilot is the low maintenance. The pilot has only needed regular oil changes and the recommended manufacturing maintenance. In comparison I have a 2000 Audi S4 and I've spent about $10k in maintenance over 13 years."

Best Car I have ever owned

By on Friday, July 5, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and affordable transportation"

Cons: "Noisy on highways, particularly after 70 MPH"

"Purchased this vehicle used with 6600 miles on it in early 2004. Have since put on over 260k miles. Its an awesome car and has never left me stranded. I have changed the oil on it every 3500 miles and done all of the preventative maintenance including major 30k service intervals and changing the timing belt every 90k miles. Everything on it still works with the exception of a low buzzing sound that comes from the sound system after it plays for 20 minutes that the Honda dealer could never fix. Outside of that, nothing leaks, it doesnt burn oil, the paint hasnt oxidized, the leather seats havent torn despite two young children, and the AC still blows cold."

Great road trip SUV

By on Friday, August 20, 2010

"After 5 years, and 60k, I'll give it a thumbs up. No mechanical problems so far. This is the best camping/road trip vehicle I've owned - comfortable, lots of room, absolutely reliable, gas mileage is pretty good if you keep the speed down. And it cruises at 75+ easily even when fully loaded, with stuff on the roof rack. My complaints? I am finally putting better tires on, which should help with road noise, which is a bit more than I'd like. The spare is a doughnut rather than a full sized tire - I'll be taking care of that as well. This is not a truck based 4WD SUV. It does fine on snowy roads, but its clearance and traction are not for really rough dirt trails."