2013 Honda Odyssey

Based on 108 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

very good- but still room for improvement

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "ride, looks, navigation, MPG"

Cons: "lack of 3rd row speakers, middle seat, and 6 speed"

"my 3rd odyssey. bought the 2012 touring. best van on the market and its not even close love the looks, navigation system is awesome. If i were to purhase over again- i would buy the EXL with Navigation, add an after market DVD. For nearly 4 grand in price difference, the touring doesn't give you a ton of necessary features over the EXL. I really am disappointed in the 6 speed, My 06 Odyssey with the 5 speed, is smoother and more powerful than the 2012. The 6 speed seems to really be geared for fuel economy and just isn't as smooth as the 5 speed. Other gripe and heads up- the touring has 10 speakers- none in the back!!!!! $40,000 and I have to spend $400 to put in 2 3rd row speakers- give me a break honda. If you want factory installed 3rd row speakers, you have to purchase the touring elite. The 2nd row on the 06 is better than the 2nd row on the 12. Why? You could store the middle seat on the 06 and the captains chairs had inside arm rests. On the 2012, if you remove the middle seat, their are no inside arm rests (i know this sounds picky, but we did they change a good thing). Do I recommend the car- you bet. My advise- get the EXL with Navigation. On the $3500 you save, get an aftermarket overhead DVD player and have the car shop install 3rd row speakers while they are at it. You just need to order speaker covers for the 3rd row, just google it and they cost like 30 bucks each. The 2 position memory storage on the touring doesn't work well anyway. So for the touring, you are spending 3500-40000 more for fancier wheels, 1 MPG better fuel effieciency, blinkers on the side mirrors, and fog lights."

Previous one was better.

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Space, comfort, speed."

Cons: "read the review"

"First of all I'd like to say that this is my third Odyssey. I don't know why did they have to change so many good things into bad things, but here it is. 1)Weak AC, it works "OK" with only refurbished air after 100's 2)Rear seats do not fold flat, used to be flat but not anymore (well it's almost flat). I liked the old folding system better, it seems a little less confusing for someone who never used a car. 3)Older body had more head room at front seats than this new one. If you like to sit high (plus you are tall), you'll be breathing into the ceiling. 4)No arm rests at second row seat (maybe it's the trim, I have EX, but I think the previous one even had it on LX, but I might be wrong) 5)Bluetooth needs work, mic quality is somewhat adequate, but nothing good. Phone book sometimes freezes. 6)In between front seats change/bottles/other things compartment used to be easily fordable, now it's just a huge box. 7)Interior quality appears to be worse than in previous model. 8)Climate control is confusing. Other than that it's a great vat which drives like a car."

2012, lives up to the honda name in all Areas .

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Have had the Odessy for one month. My wife has wanted one for years. Traded my 2008 Pilot for it. Thought I would be unhappy. I like the Odessey much better. It has more room and the ride is much better. It has more power and it is more fun to drive. My Pilot was the XLT with all the features you could ask for. The Odessey has it beat. I dont know about the gas Mileage, have not had lone enough. Around town and on small trips its around 22 mpg. Make sure you read the book. You will find out all kind of things about what the car can do."

Still a Honda?

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

"This is the second Odyssey and fifth Honda overall I have owned. While the styling has improved over the previous model, I'm not sure too much else has. We bought the Touring model a year ago and it just hasn't been as pleasing as previous Hondas. The interior fit and finish seems cheaper. The quality of materials has undoubtedly dropped. Creaking and popping over bumps and turns has already started. Also a strange sound coming from the steering when turning at slow speeds. Furthermore, the center dash displays and controls are just a mess. All this being said, I'm not sure there is a better minivan out there. Despite the shortcomings we will likely stick with the Honda."

Another great Odyssey!

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "Lots of room; very comfortable"

Cons: "None so far"

"This is our third Honda Odyssey, and we are thrilled with the 2012 version. It drives slightly heavier and larger than our two previous Odysseys, but the tradeoff is feeling safer and actually getting better mileage than the slightly lighter models."