2011 Honda Odyssey

8.4

Based on 128 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Great but overpriced

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"We went to buy a slightly used Odyssey, but ended up leasing a new 2011. It's the usual for Honda, virtually no engine sound, comfortable, rides great! Unfortunately, the Honda salespersons are so over confident that their vehicles are far superior to anything on the market, it almost felt like they were a tad concieted! We got the van one step above the basic model (they actually corrected us when we said "basic" model and said it is called the EX!) so... no bells or whistles, does not have extra storage compartment away in floor like town and country but you cannot compare reliability. Would I buy this again?, yeah, probably at the end of the year or slightly used, a $35,000 sticker price for a HONDA does make you gasp!"

Front rotors warped three times in 46,000 miles

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

"Front rotors warped at about 20,000, Dealer resurfaced rotors. Warped again and dealer replaced rotors around 36,000. Now warping again at 46,000. It is in the shop now. No resolution yet. Dealer has been very good (with pushing) but rotors are definitely low quality."

Best Minivan

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

I want this car

"I can honestly say, Minivans are the speed demons on every American freeway! Now I know why. They are fast when they get going, especially this minivan. Smooth and quiet I love all the amenities of the Touring Elite. Got to drive my father-in-law's 2012 multiple times. Love everything about it. We went from Northridge, CA all the way down to Orange, CA round trip and it took just over a 1/4 tank of gas!!! Amazing! My kids love the panoramic DVD screen and the surround sound. Definite plus! I agree, older Odyssey's were built much better, but I can live with this one. The headlights are so bright that the freeway road is lit up for two lanes. Hahaha! A PLUS!!! Love all the sensors all around the car. Especially love the ones for the blind spots!!! Wow! A comfortable ride, with all the bells and whistles for a great price! My wife and I are purchasing one and we can't wait to get ours. I've tried other manufacturers, but it just doesn't add up to the quality and low maintenance a Honda provides. Oh, love all the hook ups for USB, earphones and such. Great for kids! Truly a traveling machine! There are flaws with every vehicle, but I have found few with this one. Everyone I know who owns a Honda Odyysey loves it! Consumer Report reviews say it all."

Very disappointed

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pros: "Seats are a little more comfortable"

Cons: "stereo is awful, poor quality overall"

"I bought this van 6 weeks ago. I previously owned a 2006 Odyssey and loved it. (Until the transmission started slipping and the engine mounts were in need of replacement) The 2006 was built soo much better! It was quieter, the stereo system was great, acceleration was perfect, never any vibrations. I have been disappointed with my 2012 since the day I brought it home. I wish I had taken it back and never traded my 2006. The blue tooth was the first problem. It continuously switched from handsfree to phone and said there was no connection even though it was connected. The plastic between the passenger interior door and the sliding door has popped off so I need to have that serviced. It feels like there is a constant vibration and the engine sounds like it is knocking. Now when I turn in to my driveway or make a turn something cracks and creaks in my wheels. I hope my rotors are not getting ready to act up, too. My 2006 had a constant rotor problem, even after having them replaced and then turned. I feel like now, I will not get my money back if I trade. I wish I had my old van back, even with the troubles it had. I think the older Odysseys were built much better. Beware of the 2012."

So far so........GREAT!!!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"I had a 2008 Chrysler Town and Country until 2 months ago. I loved it , but the transmission had to be replaced in this van within the first 3 months... And then I had problems with it going on and on. still liked it though. What made me switch to Honda - were the seats. Chrysler's leather seats are the most uncomfortable seats I ever sat in. I even put a piece of plastic to even out that hill growing in the middle. So far Honda's seats have performed outstandingly! I travel to work at least 2 hours a day. My Chrysler's average was 16 ml per gallon. Now with Honda it is around 23. So it's still pricy, but better already. My Chrysler had a DVD with 2 screens - for 2nd and 3rd row. Honda has only one screen for the 2nd row. We have NEVER used the one for the 3rd row in the Chrysler van, so we don't miss it too much. One thing that I liked better about Chrysler was the customer service. The kept fixing my van and were very cheerful all along. Thanks"