2011 Honda Odyssey

Based on 126 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, January 9, 2015

Pros: "Great gas milage (average 25.5). Lots of room."

Cons: "A little too low to the ground."

"This van is probably the best vehicle I have ever owned. It is great for a family of 5. All three teenage daughters can sit comfortably in the second row. I would recommend this van to anyone who is looking for a great family vehicle."

Heavy road noise

By on Friday, December 11, 2015

Pros: "mileage"

Cons: "road noise"

"This van is more expensive compared others in its class. But the amount of noise you get while driving makes it not worth the price. Bluetooth & sound system are ineffective due to the noise."

Best Mini-Van we have owned.

By on Friday, July 22, 2016

Pros: "Best Van on the market. Well engineered!"

"The 2012 Honda Odyssey is by far the best mini-van we have owned. We traded in out Town & Country Limited in on the Honda and we have been very happy. We purchased the van new and have not had one problem. Very stable vehicle and has plenty of power for merging and passing. The DVD player has been very nice as the kids can sit back there and watch a movie and be entertained on long trips. This van has been referred to by us as the, "Swagger Wagon" as it is loaded with many standard features and drives as nice as my Mercedes. Can't be beat in my opinion."

This is a good vehicle,except no storage.

By on Thursday, March 5, 2015

Pros: "good dive and milage"

Cons: "no storage space and not too good dash"

"I had a 2012 Honda Odyssey. It had a storage space behind the passenger & driver's seats. It also had a small storage "glove box" over the regular glove box. The 2014 has no storage space. The storage space behind the Passenger & Driver's seat is now where your spare tire is located. The small glove box is also gone. I suspect the reason for relocating the spare tire is to install a vacuum cleaner. Wonder what that costs? I bet is well over $500.00. You can buy a vacuum cleaner for about $75.00 that will have more suction then the Honda vacuum. I am 77 years old, now imagine me or a woman trying to get a spare tire out of this stupid place--back injury location. The front dash is annoying with it's two visual displays. The one for the radio is not very useful-too many buttons to play with. I don't think the designers ever drive or own a minivan. This is probably my last Odyssey to own since they ruined it."

I love my Van

By on Thursday, March 5, 2015

Pros: "Nice,fun to drive"

Cons: "Not 4WD"

"Yes i do love it,comfortable, elegant, beautiful.. But after this weather I NEED A 4WD..Very surprised Honda didnt add this feature..Because the Sienna has it..But really is upsetting haw much I paid for it,and the value Im getting..So I think would stay shoveling snow and being careful on the slipery roads :("

some problem for new car

By on Sunday, December 8, 2013

Reason: need to repair

Pros: "comfortable riding, good driving control"

Cons: "mechanical problem"

"1. There was lube oil leak just after we brought odyssey Ex-L. After fixing the problem, same problem happened again. 2. There was some wind noise, when the speed is going higher. 3. Driving control is good comfortable."

Best CAR I've ever owned!

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive"

Cons: "heat comes up slowly"

"Even though my family demands required that I buy a minivan, I can say that this is the best CAR that I've ever owned! It is the second Odyssey I've owned -- I just traded in the old one for a new model. I didn't have to shop around. This van is extremely comfortable and easy to drive. It has all the conveniences you would want in a van. I have been raving about it the whole time I've owned it!"

All I can sayis Wow!!!

By on Monday, May 5, 2014

Pros: "Rides is smooth and quiet"

Cons: "Back up sensor should be standard"

"We were totally against the idea at first... even just muttering the three letter word VAN was forbidden in our family's vocabulary, but after over a year of research, comparing everything on the market and hours of you-tube viewing we were convinced that the Odyssey was for us... well all except the price, but if one works at it long enough you can find some really great deals on line. we drove over 126 mile to save 5,100 on our NEW purchase."

Best Minivan on the market

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Look and feel, they thought of everything"

Cons: "Needs AWD and better handling"

"I never thought I'd own a minivan but I never thought I'd have 4 kids! With that said, I told myself if I'm going to get a minivan, it's going to be the coolest minivan with all the bells and whistles out there! The Odyssey is so practical for families. I even took it on a guys fishing, mountain biking, rafting adventure and it was awesome. My buddies used to make fun of me, now they think it's way cool. Perfect road trip vehicle. My wife loves it too! The only cons are it would be nice if it had AWD. It doesn't do very well in the snow. The handling could be improved. It drives more like a bus than a car."

This van does everything well

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "too many to list"

Cons: "road noise intrudes at highway speed"

"I love the backup camera."

best minivan–the only choice to make

By on Saturday, January 30, 2016

Pros: "performance drive & comfort+space and flexibility"

Cons: "Just the position of the cruise control buttons"

"This is the only car worth considering if you want a minivan that feels and drive more like a luxury car. The spaciousness and flexibility is second to non."

Excellent van, big step up from the competition

By on Thursday, February 25, 2016

Pros: "Performance, Fuel Economy, Comfort"

Cons: "Remote start turns engine off when doors unlocked"

"Previously owning a Dodge Grand Caravan, the Honda Odyssey Touring Elite is an incredible step up in terms of reliability and driving dynamic. The Odyssey has half the road/wind noise as my 2010 Caravan and reliability of the Honda has been top notch. The 18" Michelin tires provide a stable quiet ride with no tire noise. The sound system is good, not to the level of the JBL or Infinity systems offered in the competitors. I only have a couple negatives, the first is the fact the middle seats do not fold into the floor like the Dodge/Chrysler vans. They are more comfortable in the Honda, but when they need to be removed for more room, they are bulky and heavy. The second item is the fact when using the remote start, as soon as the doors are unlocked, the engine shuts off and has to be restarted. Its not a huge deal but just different than what I am used to. Fuel mileage has been incredible for a large heavy vehicle. Easily hitting 26-28mpg on the highway at 75mph."

Nothing to write home about

By on Thursday, November 12, 2015

Pros: "great to drive"

Cons: "DON'T GET THIS VAN IF YOU LIVE DOWN DIRT ROADS!!!!"

"Reliability is good - a dependable ride. Here are the flaws: Climate Controls (non-automatic) are VERY non-intuitive - you need to take your eyes off the road everytime an adjustment needs to be made - ESPECIALLY for the rear controls Sliding doors (non-electric) quickly get gummed up on our dirt roads. 2nd Row seats don't have outside armrests - AWKWARD sitting. Long sunshade overhang the rear window makes cleaning the back window difficult - and automatic carwashes can't get it clean and then it drips down the back window."

Excellent vehicle

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive and see. Very reliable."

Cons: "Manufacture quality of interior could be higher."

"Its well designed and built. I bought this after my 2000 Odyssey had 220000 miles and needed $3k of maintenance. I've had no trouble with this van at all and no work done other than standard preventative. It has consistently started, run just fine, and been very comfortable on long trips despite being full of kid's college furniture. I drive slowly and carefully and have an average of 22MPG city and 31 Highway. Not bad for a minivan! I got the lowest end model one could buy and do wish the quality were higher. For example, there are carpet seams under the center row feet I think could have been avoided."

excellent in every way including superb handling.

By on Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Pros: "excellent car and even better for the price"

Cons: "gas mileage ok but not great"

"A bit thirsty on gas though"

Best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, August 8, 2013

Cons: "wish the back seat safety belts were stationary"

"This is our second Odyssey and we've loved them both. Sold the older one to our best friends, we trusted it that much. This one will still be under warranty for another 5,000 miles and will sell it outright with no worries. Looking forward to the 2014."

Wonderful car. Easy to drive.

By on Thursday, September 3, 2015

Pros: "Looks nice, drives smooth, kids have plenty room."

Cons: "Locks itself too soon, gas door in bad spot."

"Husband is too tall for a Toyota Sienna, but has plenty of leg room in this car. I don't like the gas door that is behind the sliding back door (we've opened both together twice and the door gets stuck on the gas door). Otherwise, it seems to be a smooth car with lots of comforts."

Love the car

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pros: "Best car for the price"

Cons: "Road noise"

"This is not just a soccer moms car. It is great for us old people too. So easy to get in and out of for the old tired bones. We travel with other people our age (over 65) and everybody loves it. Six adults no problem. Fuel millage, I seen 30 but my overall is more like 24 mpg."

Tall drivers need not apply. Door height reduced.

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "reliable, best outside camera resolution"

Cons: "Short entrance, akward handling, highway squirm"

"Seats comfortable but have short seat backs. Drives great in straight line. Tires designed for fuel economy, not real driving. Handling is GM 60's led sled. Thick corner pillars front and back reduce visibility. Outside mirror position corresponds to my eyes (and my neighbor’s) blind spot. I find the on board entertainment awkward at best. Radio scan is not easily available when traveling without taking eyes off the road. No HD radio option (dozens of advertising free stations in my city). The change drawer wipes out the drivers knee if open when entering /exiting the van. OK for short driver that wants to bring canned entertainment. Alignment off when purchased (repaired under warranty). Zero other issues in 14 months."

Best Vehicle Purchase!!! Couldn't be happier!

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, Comfortable, Great Value, Reliable"

Cons: "Blind Spots"

"We are completely satisfied with our Odyssey. Comfortable. Incredibly roomy. With 4 German Shepherds and catering our parties this is by far the most versatile vehicle we've ever owned. It rides beautifully and handles well. The interior has a nice, rich feeling to it. We love that it doesn't have that boxy look, which we helped with adding on the window visors. Makes it look more streamlined. We often take out the mid cabin seats and leave the rear seats folded down in a van configuration. If we have to haul people, the back seats go up in no time. If we haul a lot of people, even with all the seats up, there is great space in back for groceries, etc. We shopped for a year before buying this and are beyond pleased. After purchasing the Odyssey, we had the opportunity to lease what was our second choice for 4 days and are so glad we picked the Odyssey. No comparison."

Ultimate Family Mobile!

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "No sport model"

"If people can get over the stigma about minivan's the Honda Odyssey is easily the best family vehicle on the market! Safety, comfort, space, quality, reliability, etc. Any argument against the minivan will lose. Simply the best!"

I thought Hondas were reliable

By on Friday, December 2, 2016

Pros: "Great interior, lots of space."

Cons: "Reliability,"

"I bought my 2012 Odyssey EX when I traded in a 2003 Dodge Caravan. I had a horrid experience with the Caravan as we had to replace the power steering system 5 times. When it came time to buy a new car, all of my friends recommended Honda because they are great, reliable cars. After 40,000 miles I can easily say that my Dodge was more reliable then this Honda. Over the last couple of years we have had to replace multiple Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems, one which we repaired at Honda and instead of replacing it, they jammed it so that we would stop coming in every couple of months. We have been through 2 front axles, have had to fix the steering column, the airbags (have never been deployed but displayed error light,) the rear breaks, (recall,) and a CV joint. We have also had problems with the Heating and Air conditioning system but haven't had it looked at yet. The van itself is a good car with a great interior and the ride is great when it isn't making grinding noises and squeaks because of the problems. It is just really disappointing that we have had so many problems after only 40,000 miles. My recommendation is instead of the Odyssey go with a Sienna, my friend has one and she really likes it."

great minivan

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pros: "Cargo room, mpg, handling, comfort"

Cons: "headrests, audio system, doors"

"I have owned an Odyssey EX for a couple of years now and I like it. It is very roomy and can haul my family of 5, the dog and all of our luggage when going on a vacation. It handles very well on the road and in the snow. I used to be scared to drive in the snow with my last car but this one is easier to maneuver. Although this is one of the better minivans, it has its low points. First of all, some areas, like the headrests, were not designed for comfort but more for style. Second, the automatic sliding doors are very slow, I once waited a couple of seconds after I saw the door closing and thought it was closed, but when I backed out I smashed the door into the side of my house. Third, the sliding doors don't like to stay closed, there are times when we shut the door and after it shuts will automatically open again on us, it takes a minute but finally we get the door closed and all if fine. Fourth, the audio system cannot be heard from the third row and you can barely hear it in the second row. Other than these, the Odyssey has been a very good car."

It changed my way of thinking

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

Pros: "great price, comfortable, lots of storage"

Cons: "no floor mat for the rear storage"

"I have always been a chevrolet person. My wife was looking for a family car that is great on gas. So we shopped for three months looking and comparing. Her mind was made up with two choices the 2012 Ford Explorer and the 2012 Honda Odyssey. We test drove both of them. And boy was I surprised on how the Honda performed. It's extremely more comfortable, better on gas, and more storage for those long trips. Great for the extra passengers that might tag along on sleepovers or attending friday night football games. I was very surprised and extremely happy. for the same price as the Explorer XLT we had more upgrades: back up camera, leather, seats 8 people, heated seats, moon roof, navigation. the Ford Explorer only has one power seat as where the Honda has more."

By on Friday, April 29, 2011