2011 Honda Odyssey

Based on 127 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Smooth, powerful, quiet, ROOMY, comfortable.

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2012

"Went from a 2010 CRV EXL to the 2012 EXL, best move I've made in years of car buying. We are definitely still on our honeymoon, but I really like this minivan."

Good van and lasting quality

By on Thursday, October 27, 2016

"I own a 2012 Odyssey touring model and it's my second Odyssey. Although I like the van, I preferred the 2008 model better which was an EX-L. I find the van to be very comfortable to drive but do have a few issues. The 2008 model sat up higher and I liked that a lot better. This version sits lower and makes it harder to see on the highway. The 2012 is awful in the snow. I have all season tires and always have on all my cars. Living in the northeast, I know to expect snow, but until recently, only the highest end Sienna offered AWD (they now do on lower models). It would be nice if Honda offered this. For whatever reason, the 2008 drove much better in the snow. As mentioned by other users, the radio system in the rear is non existent. I'm always being asked to turn up the radio when I have a car load - to no avail. And as others have mentioned, when you remove the middle (8th) seat in the 2nd row, the arm rests go too. Sounds silly, but feels like you can fall out of the seat. As my family currently owns four Honda's, we know we are getting a good value with the options in each car and even at the high mileage I have, the car value is still good. Overall, I would recommend this van."

Very good for long trips, smooth ride

By on Sunday, May 24, 2015

"Smooth ride, comfortable, I will trade my 2012 for a 2015"

A great driving car, but not without faults

By on Saturday, September 10, 2016

Pros: "Road handling, gas mileage, relatively quiet"

Cons: "Speedometer, 2nd row seats, leather seats"

"We bought the EX model because the leather seats in the EX-L were uncomfortably firm and hot feeling. You will perspire more in the Honda leather seats than other makes such as Chrysler, Nissan, Toyota. The cloth seats in the EX are very comfortable - not as firm as the leather. If you wear polarized sunglasses when you drive, you won't be able to read the numbers on the speedometer or tachometer on a bright sunny day. The numbers appear on a shiny background that reflects more light than the numbers, making them unreadable. The spare tire is stored in a compartment under the floor in the second row. If you need to change a tire when the van is loaded with cargo, you'll have to unload to get at the spare. Then, there's no place to store the wheel you removed. There are two large screens on the instrument panel, but they are very inefficiently used and they could have gotten away with one. The USB port is exposed and a thumb drive plugged in there can be easily bumped and damaged. The second row seats are heavy and cumbersome to remove. If you need to haul some long boards, you'll have to remove the center console up front as that blocks the floor space. The Odyssey handles winding mountain roads just fine, but the brakes don't give one confidence. The Odyssey is the quietest minivan we drove - surprisingly little engine noise and missing the tire noise you usually find in a Honda or Acura. You can easily carry on a conversation with people in the second row seats while driving 70 MPH."

Excellent vehicle

By on Thursday, December 4, 2014

Pros: "Excellent fuel economy for a big vehicle."

Cons: "Interior noise on the freeway."

"Overall it is superb. Only one real complaint...on the freeway at 70mph, it's noisy inside. Maybe it is tires but the people in the back seat can't hear the people in front. And one minor complaint: the tire pressure monitor has failed three times."

Nothing better than my Honda

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "Comfort and gas mileage."

Cons: "haven't found any yet (but I'm still trying)"

"This is my 2nd Odyssey and it is even nicer than before (if that was possible) I love the drive and the comfort of the interior. Its quiet and I get great gas mileage, especially when we take it on the road during vacations. Nothing out there even comes close...."

Worth the Money

By on Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"I had a 2008 and loved that model, though this one is even better. It rides better, more logical control placement, more features and room. An all around better vehicle than all others in this segment."

IN Love!!!

By on Monday, February 6, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride, great gas mileage, TONS of room"

Cons: "a bit on the pricey side"

"We waited for a loooong time to become a minivan family. I swore I would NEVER own a minivan! I did not want to be that stereotypical minivan driving mom! But, now that we finally bought one, I can't believe we waited so long! I am in love! This is THE perfect kid car. We have three kids and it is such an absolute dream vehicle for them (and me!). Getting in and out is so much easier than it was with our car. I looove the sliding doors and huge doorways. I will never ever go back to a regular car or SUV again. This car is darn near perfect! Love the new look too! Almost doesn't even feel like a minivan!"

A really good and versatile vehicle.

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "comfortable, easy driving, great road car"

Cons: "road noise"

"My single complaint is road noise at freeway speeds. Everything else is as good or better than I hoped for."

Best Mini Van I have owned

By on Friday, May 29, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, joy to drive, options"

"I have had several mini vans but this was my first Honda. I purchased a 2011 EX-L and have had no issues with it. This is the first vehicle that I have ever owned that I traveled 57k miles before I needed to replace the original brakes. This was after 3 1/2 years. I have received many compliments on the ride of my odyssey. My father, who owned nothing but cadillacs said that the Odyssey rides better than any Cadillac that he has ever owned. I liked my 2011 Odyssey so much that I just recently traded it in on a 2015. Looking forward to having the same success."