2011 Honda Odyssey

Based on 126 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Ultimate Family Mobile!

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "No sport model"

"If people can get over the stigma about minivan's the Honda Odyssey is easily the best family vehicle on the market! Safety, comfort, space, quality, reliability, etc. Any argument against the minivan will lose. Simply the best!"

I thought Hondas were reliable

By on Friday, December 2, 2016

Pros: "Great interior, lots of space."

Cons: "Reliability,"

"I bought my 2012 Odyssey EX when I traded in a 2003 Dodge Caravan. I had a horrid experience with the Caravan as we had to replace the power steering system 5 times. When it came time to buy a new car, all of my friends recommended Honda because they are great, reliable cars. After 40,000 miles I can easily say that my Dodge was more reliable then this Honda. Over the last couple of years we have had to replace multiple Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems, one which we repaired at Honda and instead of replacing it, they jammed it so that we would stop coming in every couple of months. We have been through 2 front axles, have had to fix the steering column, the airbags (have never been deployed but displayed error light,) the rear breaks, (recall,) and a CV joint. We have also had problems with the Heating and Air conditioning system but haven't had it looked at yet. The van itself is a good car with a great interior and the ride is great when it isn't making grinding noises and squeaks because of the problems. It is just really disappointing that we have had so many problems after only 40,000 miles. My recommendation is instead of the Odyssey go with a Sienna, my friend has one and she really likes it."

great minivan

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pros: "Cargo room, mpg, handling, comfort"

Cons: "headrests, audio system, doors"

"I have owned an Odyssey EX for a couple of years now and I like it. It is very roomy and can haul my family of 5, the dog and all of our luggage when going on a vacation. It handles very well on the road and in the snow. I used to be scared to drive in the snow with my last car but this one is easier to maneuver. Although this is one of the better minivans, it has its low points. First of all, some areas, like the headrests, were not designed for comfort but more for style. Second, the automatic sliding doors are very slow, I once waited a couple of seconds after I saw the door closing and thought it was closed, but when I backed out I smashed the door into the side of my house. Third, the sliding doors don't like to stay closed, there are times when we shut the door and after it shuts will automatically open again on us, it takes a minute but finally we get the door closed and all if fine. Fourth, the audio system cannot be heard from the third row and you can barely hear it in the second row. Other than these, the Odyssey has been a very good car."

It changed my way of thinking

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

Pros: "great price, comfortable, lots of storage"

Cons: "no floor mat for the rear storage"

"I have always been a chevrolet person. My wife was looking for a family car that is great on gas. So we shopped for three months looking and comparing. Her mind was made up with two choices the 2012 Ford Explorer and the 2012 Honda Odyssey. We test drove both of them. And boy was I surprised on how the Honda performed. It's extremely more comfortable, better on gas, and more storage for those long trips. Great for the extra passengers that might tag along on sleepovers or attending friday night football games. I was very surprised and extremely happy. for the same price as the Explorer XLT we had more upgrades: back up camera, leather, seats 8 people, heated seats, moon roof, navigation. the Ford Explorer only has one power seat as where the Honda has more."

By on Friday, April 29, 2011