2011 Honda Odyssey

8.4

Based on 128 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

very good- but still room for improvement

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "ride, looks, navigation, MPG"

Cons: "lack of 3rd row speakers, middle seat, and 6 speed"

"my 3rd odyssey. bought the 2012 touring. best van on the market and its not even close love the looks, navigation system is awesome. If i were to purhase over again- i would buy the EXL with Navigation, add an after market DVD. For nearly 4 grand in price difference, the touring doesn't give you a ton of necessary features over the EXL. I really am disappointed in the 6 speed, My 06 Odyssey with the 5 speed, is smoother and more powerful than the 2012. The 6 speed seems to really be geared for fuel economy and just isn't as smooth as the 5 speed. Other gripe and heads up- the touring has 10 speakers- none in the back!!!!! $40,000 and I have to spend $400 to put in 2 3rd row speakers- give me a break honda. If you want factory installed 3rd row speakers, you have to purchase the touring elite. The 2nd row on the 06 is better than the 2nd row on the 12. Why? You could store the middle seat on the 06 and the captains chairs had inside arm rests. On the 2012, if you remove the middle seat, their are no inside arm rests (i know this sounds picky, but we did they change a good thing). Do I recommend the car- you bet. My advise- get the EXL with Navigation. On the $3500 you save, get an aftermarket overhead DVD player and have the car shop install 3rd row speakers while they are at it. You just need to order speaker covers for the 3rd row, just google it and they cost like 30 bucks each. The 2 position memory storage on the touring doesn't work well anyway. So for the touring, you are spending 3500-40000 more for fancier wheels, 1 MPG better fuel effieciency, blinkers on the side mirrors, and fog lights."

Wish there were 6 stars

By on Friday, March 18, 2011

"I have owned Toyota, Dodge and Ford mini vans in the past. None of them compare to the Odyssey in terms of quality and comfort. Mine is the Touring model and if I were to complain about it, it would be the overwhelming number of switches, dials, button and menus. There must be 80 of them, not counting the nested menus on the display. If I were not a previous owner of Honda products, I’m not sure I would comprehend how all these controls work. There are a couple of misleading statements in the KBB review of the Odyssey. There is a back up camera in the Touring model, not just the Touring Elite. I have compared item by item a nearly identically equipped Touring Elite and Sienna Limited.. the Toyota is actually more expensive. For those that are interested, the difference between the Touring and Touring Elite comes down to 3 items: The Elite has HID headlights (with self leveling); a 12 speaker surround sound system with a slightly higher output radio (vs. a 7 speaker in the Touring) and the blind spot information system. I have compared and driven both the Toyota Sienna and the Odyssey and both are fine vehicles. I did have two gripes with the Toyota, the confusing packaging of options (vs. the Honda more simplified by model standard equipment), and the interior of the Toyota seemed a little “cheesey” compare to the Honda. In my opinion, the 2010 Sienna had a better quality interior than the 2011 models. One other point if you had a touch screen nav system like my Ford products or the older Honda models, I think you will miss the simplicity of them. I guess I will have to learn to use the toggle switches and voice commands. All-in-all though, if I could, I’d rate the Honda 6 stars for it’s a very solid construction, quite stately ride and top quality materials. It should meet the needs of anyone that requires a mini-van."

Previous one was better.

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Space, comfort, speed."

Cons: "read the review"

"First of all I'd like to say that this is my third Odyssey. I don't know why did they have to change so many good things into bad things, but here it is. 1)Weak AC, it works "OK" with only refurbished air after 100's 2)Rear seats do not fold flat, used to be flat but not anymore (well it's almost flat). I liked the old folding system better, it seems a little less confusing for someone who never used a car. 3)Older body had more head room at front seats than this new one. If you like to sit high (plus you are tall), you'll be breathing into the ceiling. 4)No arm rests at second row seat (maybe it's the trim, I have EX, but I think the previous one even had it on LX, but I might be wrong) 5)Bluetooth needs work, mic quality is somewhat adequate, but nothing good. Phone book sometimes freezes. 6)In between front seats change/bottles/other things compartment used to be easily fordable, now it's just a huge box. 7)Interior quality appears to be worse than in previous model. 8)Climate control is confusing. Other than that it's a great vat which drives like a car."

Great vehicle for travel and all around use.

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, ride, handling, interior, and reliability"

Cons: "A few more ponies, and underseat storage."

"I purchased the 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring in silver, on July 1st, and now have about 6,500 miles on it, which includes several trips to upstate NY and Pennsylvania. Rave reviews from passengers regarding the comfort and ride. One described it as better than a limousine, and she was sitting in the third row. Leather seats are great, and the driver's seat is very supportive. Handling is superb. I have previously owned a Toyota Sienna and a new Toyota Highlander with fabric seats, and found the seats to be very uncomfortable on long drives. Odyssey blows them away. If I had a wish list of improvements for this vehicle I would want: 1. 20 - 30 more horsepower and 2. a underseat passenger side storage tray. Vehicle is pricey, but you get what you pay for. I usually trade for a new vehicle every 3 years, but I would hold onto the Odyssey or buy a new one....it's that good. And the Honda reliability is a big factor also. Looked at a Chrysler T and C, but did not like the fact that they STILL have brake rotor warpage issues, for like 20 years! What's that about? And the interior had some cheap looking parts."

Not a smooth ride

By on Thursday, August 25, 2016

Pros: "Nice features, plenty of room"

Cons: "bouncy, vibrating ride"

"I recently traded in a Toyota Sienna for a 2016 Honda Odyssey. We were looking for a change and since Toyota's body style hadn't changed in several years, we decided to give the Honda a try (not much else to choose from in the minivan line). Not a very good decision on our part. While we like the styling and creature comforts of the Odyssey, I have come to realize that the ride is not nearly as smooth as the Sienna. In fact, ours has a feeling of unbalanced tires, somewhat bouncy and with a fine vibration. In the month that I've owned it, I have taken it in to the dealership 3 times and am now currently awaiting for a Honda rep to come and check it out. Service rep says they changed all tires and rims, then next time they did a "road force balance" on all tires, still no change. Service rep has test driven (with me in car) on 2 occasions and when I point out the vibration, he acts like he doesn't feel a thing. If you're thinking about purchasing one of these, really check out the ride (I should have taken a longer test drive). Oh well, if the Honda rep doesn't do something to rectify this problem, this will be the shortest owned vehicle we ever had. Which also means they will have lost another sale because next year, I was going to trade my Nissan Frontier on a new Ridgeline."

It has good history, my results confirm

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "It has good history, my results confirm"

Cons: "Not much"

"Research said the Honda was the minivan to get so I did. I considered the Toyota but with recent recalls across their line I never even test drove one. Simply got a good price (29500 EX) and that was it. There was a unsettling clop sound like a horse shoe in a parade from the suspension that proved to be from 40psi tires. I reduced to spec 33 and no more clop. Sound is now as one would expect from a car over bumps. We regularly get 30 mpg plus or minus 1/2 in extended cruise mode and 23 mixed with about 18 city. The only real complaint I have at this point is it took several window frostings to discover the defrost button. It has good history, carries 8 people, looks nice, tows and gets 30mpg. Enough said"

Quality...Price..Reliability

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "Ride, mpg, value, reliability"

"This van was rated for 28 mpg, so far we are getting 29 mpg straight from the showroom. Very smooth drive plus all of the options you could ever need plus more."

Best Minivan

By on Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pros: "Size, room for 8 and gas milage"

Cons: "cost but can get over it."

"I have owned two Nissan Quests and they do not come close in matching up."

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned!

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable and roomy"

Cons: "Wish it got better gas mileage"

"We've driven almost 9,000 miles since we got the care in mid May. The car has been the best vehicle we have owned. There have been no problems with it. The Bluetooth has not been very clear, but I'm not sure I would really use it that much in a family minivan. It is roomy and very comfortable. My only wish it got better gas mileage."

A truly fine vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "too many to list!"

Cons: "road noise"

"I love it. My only complaint is that the van lets in too much road noise. Everything else is as good or better than any vehicle I have ever owned... and I have had 19 over the last 45 years."