2011 Honda Odyssey

Based on 126 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Didn't want to move from my SUV to a minivan

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Pros: "Storage and Comfort"

Cons: "None I have seen so far"

"Have been a suburban family for nearly 12 years. With 4 kids I need the space but the 3rd row seat was becoming uncomfortable for my kids as they grew and most of our errands were in town so gas mileage was poor. We were looking at mid-size SUV's like the pilot but nothing was standing out. I finally convinced my wife to test drive the Odyssey an she loved it. We just took a road trip to Iowas (14hrs) and the kids loved it. With the wide screen you can split it and have two different movies playing at the same time which helps when I have a 6 yr old and my oldest is 14. The built in vacuum is actually utilized, the cooler bin is a nice add, and the roominess and storage space is perfect. Glad we bought it just have to get over the fact its a minivan :-)"

Good van and lasting quality

By on Thursday, October 27, 2016

"I own a 2012 Odyssey touring model and it's my second Odyssey. Although I like the van, I preferred the 2008 model better which was an EX-L. I find the van to be very comfortable to drive but do have a few issues. The 2008 model sat up higher and I liked that a lot better. This version sits lower and makes it harder to see on the highway. The 2012 is awful in the snow. I have all season tires and always have on all my cars. Living in the northeast, I know to expect snow, but until recently, only the highest end Sienna offered AWD (they now do on lower models). It would be nice if Honda offered this. For whatever reason, the 2008 drove much better in the snow. As mentioned by other users, the radio system in the rear is non existent. I'm always being asked to turn up the radio when I have a car load - to no avail. And as others have mentioned, when you remove the middle (8th) seat in the 2nd row, the arm rests go too. Sounds silly, but feels like you can fall out of the seat. As my family currently owns four Honda's, we know we are getting a good value with the options in each car and even at the high mileage I have, the car value is still good. Overall, I would recommend this van."

I thought Hondas were reliable

By on Friday, December 2, 2016

Pros: "Great interior, lots of space."

Cons: "Reliability,"

"I bought my 2012 Odyssey EX when I traded in a 2003 Dodge Caravan. I had a horrid experience with the Caravan as we had to replace the power steering system 5 times. When it came time to buy a new car, all of my friends recommended Honda because they are great, reliable cars. After 40,000 miles I can easily say that my Dodge was more reliable then this Honda. Over the last couple of years we have had to replace multiple Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems, one which we repaired at Honda and instead of replacing it, they jammed it so that we would stop coming in every couple of months. We have been through 2 front axles, have had to fix the steering column, the airbags (have never been deployed but displayed error light,) the rear breaks, (recall,) and a CV joint. We have also had problems with the Heating and Air conditioning system but haven't had it looked at yet. The van itself is a good car with a great interior and the ride is great when it isn't making grinding noises and squeaks because of the problems. It is just really disappointing that we have had so many problems after only 40,000 miles. My recommendation is instead of the Odyssey go with a Sienna, my friend has one and she really likes it."

Not a smooth ride

By on Thursday, August 25, 2016

Pros: "Nice features, plenty of room"

Cons: "bouncy, vibrating ride"

"I recently traded in a Toyota Sienna for a 2016 Honda Odyssey. We were looking for a change and since Toyota's body style hadn't changed in several years, we decided to give the Honda a try (not much else to choose from in the minivan line). Not a very good decision on our part. While we like the styling and creature comforts of the Odyssey, I have come to realize that the ride is not nearly as smooth as the Sienna. In fact, ours has a feeling of unbalanced tires, somewhat bouncy and with a fine vibration. In the month that I've owned it, I have taken it in to the dealership 3 times and am now currently awaiting for a Honda rep to come and check it out. Service rep says they changed all tires and rims, then next time they did a "road force balance" on all tires, still no change. Service rep has test driven (with me in car) on 2 occasions and when I point out the vibration, he acts like he doesn't feel a thing. If you're thinking about purchasing one of these, really check out the ride (I should have taken a longer test drive). Oh well, if the Honda rep doesn't do something to rectify this problem, this will be the shortest owned vehicle we ever had. Which also means they will have lost another sale because next year, I was going to trade my Nissan Frontier on a new Ridgeline."

Wish there were 6 stars

By on Friday, March 18, 2011

"I have owned Toyota, Dodge and Ford mini vans in the past. None of them compare to the Odyssey in terms of quality and comfort. Mine is the Touring model and if I were to complain about it, it would be the overwhelming number of switches, dials, button and menus. There must be 80 of them, not counting the nested menus on the display. If I were not a previous owner of Honda products, I’m not sure I would comprehend how all these controls work. There are a couple of misleading statements in the KBB review of the Odyssey. There is a back up camera in the Touring model, not just the Touring Elite. I have compared item by item a nearly identically equipped Touring Elite and Sienna Limited.. the Toyota is actually more expensive. For those that are interested, the difference between the Touring and Touring Elite comes down to 3 items: The Elite has HID headlights (with self leveling); a 12 speaker surround sound system with a slightly higher output radio (vs. a 7 speaker in the Touring) and the blind spot information system. I have compared and driven both the Toyota Sienna and the Odyssey and both are fine vehicles. I did have two gripes with the Toyota, the confusing packaging of options (vs. the Honda more simplified by model standard equipment), and the interior of the Toyota seemed a little “cheesey” compare to the Honda. In my opinion, the 2010 Sienna had a better quality interior than the 2011 models. One other point if you had a touch screen nav system like my Ford products or the older Honda models, I think you will miss the simplicity of them. I guess I will have to learn to use the toggle switches and voice commands. All-in-all though, if I could, I’d rate the Honda 6 stars for it’s a very solid construction, quite stately ride and top quality materials. It should meet the needs of anyone that requires a mini-van."

very good- but still room for improvement

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "ride, looks, navigation, MPG"

Cons: "lack of 3rd row speakers, middle seat, and 6 speed"

"my 3rd odyssey. bought the 2012 touring. best van on the market and its not even close love the looks, navigation system is awesome. If i were to purhase over again- i would buy the EXL with Navigation, add an after market DVD. For nearly 4 grand in price difference, the touring doesn't give you a ton of necessary features over the EXL. I really am disappointed in the 6 speed, My 06 Odyssey with the 5 speed, is smoother and more powerful than the 2012. The 6 speed seems to really be geared for fuel economy and just isn't as smooth as the 5 speed. Other gripe and heads up- the touring has 10 speakers- none in the back!!!!! $40,000 and I have to spend $400 to put in 2 3rd row speakers- give me a break honda. If you want factory installed 3rd row speakers, you have to purchase the touring elite. The 2nd row on the 06 is better than the 2nd row on the 12. Why? You could store the middle seat on the 06 and the captains chairs had inside arm rests. On the 2012, if you remove the middle seat, their are no inside arm rests (i know this sounds picky, but we did they change a good thing). Do I recommend the car- you bet. My advise- get the EXL with Navigation. On the $3500 you save, get an aftermarket overhead DVD player and have the car shop install 3rd row speakers while they are at it. You just need to order speaker covers for the 3rd row, just google it and they cost like 30 bucks each. The 2 position memory storage on the touring doesn't work well anyway. So for the touring, you are spending 3500-40000 more for fancier wheels, 1 MPG better fuel effieciency, blinkers on the side mirrors, and fog lights."

Previous one was better.

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Space, comfort, speed."

Cons: "read the review"

"First of all I'd like to say that this is my third Odyssey. I don't know why did they have to change so many good things into bad things, but here it is. 1)Weak AC, it works "OK" with only refurbished air after 100's 2)Rear seats do not fold flat, used to be flat but not anymore (well it's almost flat). I liked the old folding system better, it seems a little less confusing for someone who never used a car. 3)Older body had more head room at front seats than this new one. If you like to sit high (plus you are tall), you'll be breathing into the ceiling. 4)No arm rests at second row seat (maybe it's the trim, I have EX, but I think the previous one even had it on LX, but I might be wrong) 5)Bluetooth needs work, mic quality is somewhat adequate, but nothing good. Phone book sometimes freezes. 6)In between front seats change/bottles/other things compartment used to be easily fordable, now it's just a huge box. 7)Interior quality appears to be worse than in previous model. 8)Climate control is confusing. Other than that it's a great vat which drives like a car."

Great but overpriced

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"We went to buy a slightly used Odyssey, but ended up leasing a new 2011. It's the usual for Honda, virtually no engine sound, comfortable, rides great! Unfortunately, the Honda salespersons are so over confident that their vehicles are far superior to anything on the market, it almost felt like they were a tad concieted! We got the van one step above the basic model (they actually corrected us when we said "basic" model and said it is called the EX!) so... no bells or whistles, does not have extra storage compartment away in floor like town and country but you cannot compare reliability. Would I buy this again?, yeah, probably at the end of the year or slightly used, a $35,000 sticker price for a HONDA does make you gasp!"

Front rotors warped three times in 46,000 miles

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

"Front rotors warped at about 20,000, Dealer resurfaced rotors. Warped again and dealer replaced rotors around 36,000. Now warping again at 46,000. It is in the shop now. No resolution yet. Dealer has been very good (with pushing) but rotors are definitely low quality."

Great vehicle for travel and all around use.

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, ride, handling, interior, and reliability"

Cons: "A few more ponies, and underseat storage."

"I purchased the 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring in silver, on July 1st, and now have about 6,500 miles on it, which includes several trips to upstate NY and Pennsylvania. Rave reviews from passengers regarding the comfort and ride. One described it as better than a limousine, and she was sitting in the third row. Leather seats are great, and the driver's seat is very supportive. Handling is superb. I have previously owned a Toyota Sienna and a new Toyota Highlander with fabric seats, and found the seats to be very uncomfortable on long drives. Odyssey blows them away. If I had a wish list of improvements for this vehicle I would want: 1. 20 - 30 more horsepower and 2. a underseat passenger side storage tray. Vehicle is pricey, but you get what you pay for. I usually trade for a new vehicle every 3 years, but I would hold onto the Odyssey or buy a new one....it's that good. And the Honda reliability is a big factor also. Looked at a Chrysler T and C, but did not like the fact that they STILL have brake rotor warpage issues, for like 20 years! What's that about? And the interior had some cheap looking parts."