2010 Honda Odyssey

Based on 720 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Wreck Tested

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"With a family of two young boys under the age of 5, and with me being gone all the time, I needed a vehicle that would make life easier for my wife with easy access to the baby seats, electric sliding doors that can be actuated from a distance when her hands are full with the kids or when her hands are full and it's raining cats and dogs. A comfortable ride for those longs road trips, DVD system to keep the kids entertained, decent gas mileage, front and rear heater/aircond controls, built-in sun shields for the kids windows, did I mention the sliding door windows rolls down like a regular door window, seats folds using one hand. Awesome car!! BUT the vehicle also needed to be SAFE. With Honda's great vehicle test ratings and nine airbags in this Odyssey, the price you pay for this minivan is well worth it. How do I know? I purchased our Odyssey last year 2007 brand new with 15 miles on the odometer, already did a road trip to Orlando Florida and the car performed great as to performance, comfort, and funtions with the kids. HERE WE GO... yesterday my wife got into a car accident, she was T-Boned (hit in the driver side) by another car (Mitsubisi Sedan) with the baby sitting in the baby seat on the driver side sliding door. All curtain airbags deployed preventing impact and glass particle injuries. Thank god- Everyone in the van escape without life threating injuries. The van has been totalled a lost and I have to get another vehicle. Which vehicle will I purchase again? Another Honda Odyssey, I am SOLD on this vehicle!"

Great vehicle

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "I never thought I wanted to own a van...no longer."

"The seats are excellent for comfort and long distance driving. My husband had a bad back when we bought it, and he was amazed at the comfort. It is roomy, gets great gas mileage and has had no issues. We are so sold on Honda that we bought another one. You can't go wrong."

I love this vehicle!

By on Friday, November 2, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, excellent maintainance history,"

Cons: "run flat tires with no dealer here to service,"

"This minivan is the best vehicle I have ever had. Its seats are so comfortable and it handles like a dream. In fact, it drives like a car and not a van. The cargo area is very roomy and I love the automatic doors and windows. It has great leg room and the heated seats and the pull-down shades on the back seat windows are nice."

06 Odyssey - Not what you might expect from Honda.

By on Sunday, April 5, 2015

Pros: "Space!, efficiency, comfort, maneuverability, ease"

Cons: "annoying reliability issues,"

"This vehicle was purchased used with approx 105K miles, now up to approx 135K. Owning: The tires were replaced once, but that is to be expected, as tires are wear items. The timing belt was replaced at ~112K miles for just over $1,000. The Alternator was replaced at ~115K miles, for just over $1,000. It has needed two batteries since I have had it, though the first one was one of those "eco batteries", so that had some influence. Occasionally, when I turn the key, it will not start. It won't do anything, in fact. You need to turn the key several (often 10-20 or more) times before it finally starts. (at first, this was blamed on leaving an accessory on, then the battery performance.) Finally, it just would not start at all, and recently, the starter was replaced. Since then, the problem has dissolved. Also, the steering wheel intermittently will vibrate wildly when braking. It will do this on smooth or rough roads, at high speed or low speed, and under light braking as well as under hard braking, it makes no difference. It has progressively gotten worse since I've owned it, and it is quite rare, maybe once every 50 times the brake pedal is applied, give or take. The power steering fluid somehow manages to leak, but it has never lost power steering. This occasional leaking causes a strange smell to show up inside the cabin as well as just outside the hood. The reason I bought this vehicle was because I needed space for passengers as well as cargo, and it has served that purpose beautifully. However, because of all these issues it has (especially not starting), I would not recommend purchasing one. Some issues are just from wear and tear, but others are unacceptable, especially from a Honda product. Driving: MPG is incredible for what it is. Around town it gets 18-21. At 72-82mph on the highway, it averages from 24-26. It's an EX-L, so it does have VCM & eco mode. It is driven mildly most of the time; how it was intended to be driven. At 60 mph, engine revs at 2000 rpm, and at 80 mph, it does 2600 rpm. At highway speed, the engine is very hushed, but the wind & tire noise are prominent. It has plenty of power from any speed. The tires will even chirp from a stop if you aren't careful. Around town, it drives very well I'd say. The brake feel is excellent. It is heavy, so don't expect super short braking distances, and (fortunately) I've never had to do a panic stop, so I can't say much about that. The steering is also very good. 3.45 turns lock-lock, and the turning radius is actually decent. The steering feels "alive" and it will shake when you go over rough surfaces, bumps, etc, but it's a good sensation. The transmission works well, but I do have a complaint. It shifts so smoothly when you accelerate, like butter, but when you're easy on the throttle, especially around 35-45 mph, and can be jerky. Also, when you slow down to about 20-25 mph, and then accelerate again, it works very hard. It does have a D3 mode, that I try to use, and it is somewhat helpful on the Mountains here in Georgia going down long hills. It's supposed to save wear on the brakes, so I figure why not. It's very comfortable overall, but the ride can be rough. Every passenger that rides in it has only good things to say. Visibility is good too, the pillars aren't extremely thick, and the blind spot is surprisingly easy to check. Oh, and the headlights are foggy :/"

This VAN ROCKS!

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "Perfect fit for our family of 6, smooth ride"

Cons: "Nothing really."

"'06 EX-L. Great van! We haul 4 kids - all in car seats, and two adults nearly anywhere we go. Also, do lots of towing of 1500 - 2000 lb trailer every month. Does great and pulls any hill and accelerates with ease. 250 hp is perfect. Handles great. Good on gas for an 8 passenger van. We probably avg 20 mpg, because we live in the city and 90% of our driving is city. Probably get 26 on the highway, with a long trip over 28 mpg (typically 17+ or so with trailer). All the buttons are in the right place and the features are just right. Can't say enough about this one - plan to buy another when we wear this one out."

still a great van--update

By on Friday, December 16, 2016

Pros: "all good"

"Wife keeps telling me "time for you to get yourself a new car"(bought her a new nissan rogue awd in 2015 ) and I have test drove a few new cars but when I get back to the dealer I think to my self my 10 yr old 2007 honda ody van drives, looks ,runs and rides better than what I just test drove. AND I OWN IT ! No need to replace just keep it serviced ."

I LOVE MY 2007 Odyssey Van! This module especially

By on Saturday, November 12, 2016

Pros: "A million cup holders, adjustable second row seat"

Cons: "no fog lights"

"This model has a sleek look. My husband didn't think he would like having a van, but he loves it too. Mine is black and chic with a moon roof; it's sporty looking and easy to handle. It's also very spacious. I love my heated seats. My favorite feature (one of them) is the TRUNK SIZE. It's unbelievably deep. We took many trips with large luggage and baby "stuff" like Pack-and-plays and strollers and toys and it was deep enough that you could not even see any of it over the seat while driving. The DVD player kept my child entertained and the built in sun screen came down conveniently for needed protection. I purchased it new and the salesman told me over the years I would continue to find features I was unaware of and he was right. There are about 7 cup holders accessible to the driver; about 14 throughout. I know at least three people who bought one after they saw mine and spoke with me about it, one was my best friend, & one of my child's teachers... Only have one child who is now a pre-teen so my husband thinks we should downsize, but I STILL LOVE MY VAN."

Get more for less

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

"I must admit that I miss the sporty vehicles of my youth; so much so that I have been shopping for cars AGAIN. What I consistently find is that a SUV generally has the same or worse gas mileage, less room, less flexibility, and costs more. The van is just too practical to part with. My Odyssey has 4 comfortable captain's chairs, a rear entertainment center, a lazy susan in the floor, a first aid compartment under the front passenger seat, magic seats that I use daily, low vehicle height, and 3d row heat/air (which are great for the old dog). When the 2d row seats are out and the magic seats down, I have an 8 foot bed. There was enough room for me, my son, and the dog to sleep in our sleeping bags when it got too darned cold to stay in the tent. The use of space is I do feel that it takes a long time to stop (so I downshift). It's tall, so it doesn't take corners like a car."

Best Van Ever

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

"I have had Toyota Sienna's since 2001, and bought this Honda Odyssey in 2010 and it's the best van ever. I probabaly will never buy another Sienna. The Odyssey handles like a Cadillac. It turns so smoothly when making turns or U-Turns and rides amazingly. It doesnt even feel like your driving a van. It has so much power and when driving on the freeway, there isn't any shaking or trembling when going at higher speeds like I had with my Sienna. I love my van. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to buy a van for comfort, for convenience, especially for mom's with children. I feel so safe in this car, and I know my girls do too. What this van gives you in convenience, agility and comfort is well worth it."

LOVE THIS VAN!!

By on Friday, February 4, 2011

"When my husband and I realized we were going to have another child and NEEDED to get a minivan, I was totally against owning one. We are EXTREMELY picky when it comes to safety, style, features, room, etc. We did our research and evaluated many different makes and models but kept coming back to the Odyssey. We have owned our Odyssey since 2005 (original owners) and we have not had ONE problem with this vehicle! It's sporty looking, the safest van on the road at the time (and I think it still is) and it drives like a sedan. In fact, I often forget that I'm even driving a minivan because it handles and steers so great I swear, it's just like driving the Nissan Maxima we traded in for it. I LOVE this van, it's the only minivan I will EVER own and I have ABSOLUTELY NO complaints!! We have hauled almost everything imaginable in it with no issues. The split folding rear seats are very useful. We shop at a bulk warehouse (Costco) every three months and the back of the van fits three months' worth of bulk goods for a family of six and then some. We can't take out or move the second row seats because we have car seats in them and we still have PLENTY of storage room from the second row back. We have gone on long road trips with up to 7 passengers and everybody was comfortable AND nobody complained! My husband and I did check out the 2011 Odyssey and were disappointed that they took away a lot of the very useful features that we use on a daily basis. Not sure what they were thinking when they made some of those changes. We do like the exterior look of the 2011 model, though. If you're in the market for a minivan, you won't be disappointed if you buy an Odyssey! If you haven't owned a 2005-2010 model, the 2011 model won't disappoint because you won't be used to using the features they took away in the 2011 model."

Everything they say it is but---

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"This van is everything the reveiws say it is and more. One minor compliant. The transmission in this vehicle stinks. The downshifts are unpredictable and at times harsh. The grade logic has a mind of its own and behaves irratically. I have been told by my local dealer that this is typical for this vehicle. Since I am an 11 time buyer of Honda's, and have never had this type of problem with any of my other vehicles, I doubt this vehicle will be on my short list next time around. Comfort yes, efficient for a van yes, quality build yes. Driveline--oh but no. Sorry Honda, just MHO."

Never owned a car longer - the best family van

By on Monday, March 12, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, easy to operate, kid-proof"

Cons: "Sound with rear-windows down on highway"

"I've owned this van for seven years now, and my family and I have loved it. Now over 89,000 miles and still running strong. Everything still works great. We've done minimal maintenance on the van: a few interior lights, rear gate hydraulic arm, air filters, wheel alignment, and over 25 oil changes. Really that's not much for a vehicle driven as hard as mine. I'm in the military and have driven from NC to CA, then to New Orleans, then to Phoenix, then to Kansas, and now in upstate NY. This van has been in the hottest and coldests cities in the U.S. (122 to -25 degrees) with no big problems. We bought a spare set of snow tires for NY, but love the PAX run-flats for all other driving conditions. We'll probably own this van another five years, up to 150,000 miles. Love it!"

The highest quality and best car experience ever

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Very, very reliable and just perfect."

Cons: "None."

"I own two of these vehicles (2005 Honda Odyssey). That is how much I like them. The MOST practical vehicle in my life. Hauls everything and everyone I need it to, runs smooth and very good on gas. Never have to do much outside normal service. I have never had to have it aligned either and I know what to look for if it needed alignment and it has never needed it. We absolutely love these vehicles. One of mine is our main daily driver and highway vehicle with 173,000 miles as of this writing. The other, the same age, is our garage queen with 50,000 miles. Have ZERO complaints on these vehicles. I am reluctantly considering selling the higher mileage model as our life situation is changing and we don't need two vans in our life. Though it is a tough decision."

Great mini-van with many features

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "Versatile, reliable, practicle"

Cons: "Road noise."

"Very versatile van. Hauls a lot of things with seats removed or folded down. Comfortable space for 6 full size people. Tight space for 7 or 8 people. It would be OK for smaller people or children. Peppy engine. Mileage averages out to 20 mpg with combined highway/city driving. Good navigation system. The back up camera is great but it is a safety requirement since the back up blind spot is huge without it. Very reliable van. I have had no major maintenance issues. One negative about the van is road noise. This is an issue with Honda vehicles in general. Turn up the radio!"

Best vehicle on earth!

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Comfort and reliability"

"If I was given the opportunity to buy another vehicle tomorrow with unlimited funding I would buy another Odyssey. There is nothing else I would even be interested in. It is comfortable, dependable, it has good gas mileage. It has never given me a single problem and I love it."

biggest minivan

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"This is a great car for families needing to haul things with them on trips, as well as loading purchases. However, the drawback i have found would be the PAX system tires. They are very expensive and very low mileage tires for such an expensive car."

Great vehicle, super smooth, comfortable,

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Pros: "excellent value in a used van. Runs smooth"

Cons: "slightly heavy steering at slow speed"

"Excellent running and looking van. Good acceleration, great leather seats, excellent visibility and seating versatility. excellent sound quality. Easy to drive."

We have two

By on Saturday, April 4, 2015

Pros: "Excellent,versatile all around especially highway"

Cons: "Seat warmer, coin holder"

"Liked the '04 quite well - when it was time to replace our other car, bought this '07. Very happy with it so far (1.5 years). Handling is not quite as sharp as the '04's, but more than makes up for that with better ride & less road noise. Great all-around vehicle - great driving position, very comfortable seats (2nd row as good as the fronts, & even the third row is not bad for adults); super roomy for people and stuff. Only complaints are pretty minor: the coin holder design was better in the previous version, IMO; and the seat heater gets the seatback too warm, and the bottom cushion not warm enough. (May be fixable, haven't tried.)"

Fully equipped auto perfect for handicapped

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

"Fully equipped van including an electric interior lift with a Jazzy electric chair purchased June, 2012. Value is $2525. The Navigation System was updated in 2013. There is a multi CD player and a DVD. It has a leather interior, seats four with heated front seats. ."

I really love this car.

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Best car I've ever owned."

"Very smooth riding, holds the road and feels very secure. Best car I've ever had. This is my 2nd Odyssey and this is even better than the 2004 I had before. However, since I can no longer drive, I need to give it up. Certainly not because I want to."

Best van ever

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Very comfortable ride, great gas mileage"

Cons: "front bumper too low to ground"

"Excellent acceleration for the vehicle size and weight, very nice ride, very comfortable for all passengers."

Original owner of a great van!

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "Handling, Functionality, Fuel Economy, great vehicle overall, would buy again."

Cons: "Purchase Price, how about a diesel engine for better gas mileage?"

"The only major complaint I have about this vehicle is that it is a tire eater and not snow friendly. With 130k miles I am on my 4th set of tires. Other than that, the only out of pocket costs have been regular maintance (battery, timing belt, tires, etc.). I just had the driver window stop working on me and it seems like not an easy fix as it's not the switch or the motor- so there is my first issue. We drove a Town and Country and I hated it, even my children hated it, they wanted our van back. Our Honda really drives nice for it's size and it best in class for fuel economy. I dread the day it's time to move on from it, especially since vehicles are so expensive. If I can afford another one when it's time I would consider it. My husband would even buy another Odyssey- now that says a lot since we have owned many cars, his favorite of course is a Porsche (yeh, I get the van- where's the justice?). I love my Odyssey, it's the best vehicle I have ever owned."

Great Van - Some Problems

By on Saturday, September 18, 2010

"At 60,000 miles, we had already replaced the transmission, power steering pump, power steering fluid reservoir and 2 engine mounts. We by no means drive like a speed demon, and we had always maintained our van (at least meeting or exceeding the maintenance minder recommendations). Honda builds a solid van...just be aware that there are some issues they have to work on."

Tremendous Disappointment

By on Monday, July 5, 2010

"This van has been one of the most disappointing vehicles I have ever purchased (bought it new). Here are my issues: * Michelin PAX run-flat tires are very expensive to replace (about $1,200 for a set) and will only get 35-40,000 miles. * The transition from running on three cylinders to six cylinders is very rough (VCM system) Dealer was unable to detect the problem. * Had to replace front wheel bearings at about 70,000. * Transmission/transaxle is very suspect, starting to shudder going into 4th gear and whines rather loudly in cold weather. * Power steering pump whines loudly in cold weather * Air leaks, particularly around sliding doors * Tempermental operation of sliding doors. Currently at 78,000. Can't get rid of this vehicle soon enough!"

Best Minivan Ever

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"This is truly the best minivan ever. This is our 5th minivan (over a 20 year period) and I have to say it is hands down the best of all. It drives like a smaller vehicle. Lots of room for adult size bodies. Too many great features to mention but here are a few: 3rd seat easy fold down storage, middle seats slide back and forth for ease of entry into back and easy adjustments for leg room, second seat up/down windows. Out of the 6 in our family, none of us can agree on our favorite feature! THERE ARE JUST SO MANY GREAT FEATURES! This is a quality vehicle that we look forward to driving for years to come."