2008 Honda Odyssey

Based on 723 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Best van ever

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Very comfortable ride, great gas mileage"

Cons: "front bumper too low to ground"

"Excellent acceleration for the vehicle size and weight, very nice ride, very comfortable for all passengers."

Original owner of a great van!

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "Handling, Functionality, Fuel Economy, great vehicle overall, would buy again."

Cons: "Purchase Price, how about a diesel engine for better gas mileage?"

"The only major complaint I have about this vehicle is that it is a tire eater and not snow friendly. With 130k miles I am on my 4th set of tires. Other than that, the only out of pocket costs have been regular maintance (battery, timing belt, tires, etc.). I just had the driver window stop working on me and it seems like not an easy fix as it's not the switch or the motor- so there is my first issue. We drove a Town and Country and I hated it, even my children hated it, they wanted our van back. Our Honda really drives nice for it's size and it best in class for fuel economy. I dread the day it's time to move on from it, especially since vehicles are so expensive. If I can afford another one when it's time I would consider it. My husband would even buy another Odyssey- now that says a lot since we have owned many cars, his favorite of course is a Porsche (yeh, I get the van- where's the justice?). I love my Odyssey, it's the best vehicle I have ever owned."

Great Van - Some Problems

By on Saturday, September 18, 2010

"At 60,000 miles, we had already replaced the transmission, power steering pump, power steering fluid reservoir and 2 engine mounts. We by no means drive like a speed demon, and we had always maintained our van (at least meeting or exceeding the maintenance minder recommendations). Honda builds a solid van...just be aware that there are some issues they have to work on."

Best Minivan Ever

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"This is truly the best minivan ever. This is our 5th minivan (over a 20 year period) and I have to say it is hands down the best of all. It drives like a smaller vehicle. Lots of room for adult size bodies. Too many great features to mention but here are a few: 3rd seat easy fold down storage, middle seats slide back and forth for ease of entry into back and easy adjustments for leg room, second seat up/down windows. Out of the 6 in our family, none of us can agree on our favorite feature! THERE ARE JUST SO MANY GREAT FEATURES! This is a quality vehicle that we look forward to driving for years to come."

first mini van

By on Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Bought new in 2005 model. Wife had hip replacement and we are senior citizens. Van has given us nothing but excellent service. Have taken many trips to Louisiana and Kansas City and have always gotten around 25 mpg everytime. Very comfortable and easy to get in and out of. Wife and myself are tall people. All the reviews were accurate, i would definitely purchase a honda again."

Love this van...

By on Monday, January 19, 2009

"We bought this van at the end of November 2007. We haven't had any problems at all. It has alot of room, very comfortable, very stylish. The Honda Odyssey is everything we had hoped for it gets 5 stars from us. Good luck...."

Love this vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"I really love this mini van. I kind of like the ht of the last model better due to we bike and our bikes fit in great. But other then that. I have had the seats in and out and every which way and hauled everything from bikes to china cabinets to Breyer box cartons from top to bottom. I would like for Honda to change the angle of the head rests in thier front seats. I do not care for the cup holders in the front and an optional plastic mat to protect the floor in the back would be a nice feature. WE made ours out of clear plastic stair carpet protectors to protect area while hauling bikes. Leather is well worth the extra cost and the seat warmers are the bomb. Gas milage is the only thing that I am unhappy with and the only reason we will be selling our minivan. This is my 2nd one."

Safe and High Tech all in one

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"Love this vehicle! The rear camera should be a standard safety feature for all vehicles. Don't skimp on the trim level, the features you get going to the EX-L with Navigation and Rear Entertainment System gives you a rear camera, the seamless variable cylinder engine (goes from 6 cyl. to 3 automatically to save gas on the Hwy!!) and a curtain side airbag for safety on all three rows! Turning radius is phenomemal! Easy to drive and lots of power. Packed with features for the kids; can watch videos, hook up a gaming system while I listen to XM radio! Touring version adds rear power liftgate and adjustable pedals! But don't get the run flat tires (expensive new tires that wear down more than average), unless you absolutely don't think you could find someone to fix a flat. The '09 comes with an iPod port!! My previous cars were a Suburban and a Land Rover. No comparison. This is the ultimate family vehicle: Affordable, high tech, powerful, AND most important, SAFE."

CHANGED MY LIFE with my kids

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"yes, very strong statement I know! However, it IS true. i have 3 boys under 5 and its very hard for me to get all the boys out and around town, in fact I tended to NOT go out as much because of the hassle of loading up my kids in the big SUV, hoisting them up in the car seats, hauling all the bags and etc up and into the car and then lifting myself WAY up to the drivers seat I finally saw the light: at the grocery store I saw this mom with 3 kids reach with her hand and ZAP ZING, the side of her mini van opened right up. She was able to put all the kids in and then close the door, then ZING ZAPPY ZONG opens up the hatch automatically to load the groceries she then goes to the PASSENGER door, shuts it and WALKS while hunched yet WALKS between the two front seats and WALKS to the captain chairs and buckles in children and then walks to back row etc I was hooked, here I was sitting in my stupid, huge, flashy , SUV that made my life very difficult and here she was having a much easier time we spend so much money and time on trying to make life easier, I cannot fathom not getting this totally decked out minivan to help with your life I go out all the time, everything is truly effortless, the kids love it, I just cannot say enough about this car this silly MINIVAN that actually is the most comfortable car I have ever driven, and I have had some serious luxury cars between me and the husband I will never own another SUV or make/model, this is the most well built, luxurious, decked out for hte price car we have ever bought I walked away from the suv after choking up the upside down fee, the gas savings ALONE save me $95 a WEEK a WEEK ridiculous! thanks"

Get what you pay for

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"We are just about to take delivery of our 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L + Navi + DVD after putting 60k miles on our 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L. Why did I purchase the Odyssey? - Best crash rating (Toyota was a close second) - Excellent resale value (Dodge/Chrysler value drops like a brick!) - All new for 2005, and we loved the styling (did not even test drive the Nissan – yuck!) - The Odyssey was the only mini-van of the class that made the transition from car to van an easy one. (Toyota was a distant second as was the Dodge/Chrysler) - The best back for the buck (options/$) was the Honda Odyssey EX-L. Got ours for $27,500 out the door. - The Honda has technology that shuts off 3 cylinders of the car engine, which if you do a lot of highway driving (as we do), it is better on gas than any mini-van. Why are we purchasing an Odyssey again? - Had a good experience with the 2005. - New style/features for the 2008 (Toyota will not do an upgrade till 2010) - $1000 dealer cash + .9% for 36 months (Dodge had an unlimited power train, but the looks :- yuck!) - Sister needs to transition from car to van, and I wanted her to be in a safe, reliable car so I am selling her ours. - Stow and go in the second row is a novelty that we would never use. All of our storage is had by laying down the 3rd row seats. Also, in order to stow the seats the seats need to be a lot thinner. Thus for the few times you need to stow them, you have to deal the seats being less comfortable. Trust me, just pull the second row seats out the few times you need to."