1997 Honda Odyssey

9.3

Based on 115 Ratings for the 1995 - 1998 models.

Best Vehicle Ever!!!

By on Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"After owning this car for 13 years, this minivan has never given me any headaches. It is extremely reliable, has a very good build quality, satisfactory performance, decent design, and comfortable seating. Engine: - very reliable - sometimes is rather noisy - occasionally underpowered (esp. on steeper hills) - fuel efficient (I average 25mpg city and 27mpg highway) Seats: - extremely comfortable (cloth) - front and middle rows can tilt nearly 180 degrees, like a bed - prone to stains Overall, an AWESOME CAR!!!!!"

Great Van

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Bought new, now with 180K miles and was pretty expensive in 1997 ($25K), a little underpowered but has been a great slightly smaller minivan. Just had all belts replaced again, plus water pump and some oil seals this time. That was a bit expensive ($900), but we will keep on trucking. Will need a new distributor soon (oil leak), but at 13 years old still runs fine."

Very Reliable Vehicl

By on Monday, May 3, 2010

"This vehicle has been in my family since I was 14 years old. I am now 28 and it is still running great. With regular maintenance, we have had absolutely no major problems except the axle boots leaking (which caused us to replace the front axle) just this winter. For a car going on its 15th year and over 183k miles, I couldn't be happier with the way it has handled its fair share of hard work and continues to perform well. I expect it to last another 100k before it finishes. Then again, I talked to another owner of this exact year make and model and he had over 320000, so who knows..."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, January 22, 2009

"If they were still making this car, I would buy another one. I love it. It has been very reliable."

very reliable

By on Thursday, January 8, 2009

"had this car for 8 years, it never gave me a trouble. mainly, I did maintainess work on it only, its performance is the same no matter when it was new or old. I enjoyed this car a lot. It is a safe car."

Keeps Going and Going and Going

By on Monday, December 8, 2008

"Not the sexiest car on the road, but take care of the maintenance and this van is flexible people hauler and takes you where you need to go. Very reliable."

most reliable!!!

By on Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Loved this vehicle. Always started (even in Wisconsin winters). Incredible amount of storage space"

Best van ever made

By on Thursday, May 22, 2008

"This van has everything you need in a van plus it is very reliable.The 4 cyl. is surprising it has plenty of get up and go. It really is in a class of its own the car like 4 doors and the stow away rear seat is my favorite things about it. I would recommend this van to anyone. Believe it or not but at 120000 miles Honda sent me notice to bring in my van for a free tune up, they replaced the plugs,wires.and distributor cap then changed my oil all at no cost to me,now that is what I call going the extra mile."

Overall great minivan, so why am I selling mine?

By on Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Great family van - I am selling mine though because I do not like how close the rear bench seat is to the back window and the rear bumper is not big enough for me. Too many times, unfortunately, fast bigger trucks or suvs are right on my tail and I feel concerned if they bumped into me they could bump my back door/window which is inches only away from my child's seat! So it's a great van but that is why I am selling mine. I do like the 4 doors instead of the sliding door and the easy move around interior when I have to adjust car seats etc."

We have 3!

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2007

"We have 3 of these and love them! We have a 1995 with 400,000 miles,runs great. My husband drives it 78 miles to work everyday. We have a 1997 with 122,000, no problems. Just bought another 1995 with 154,000. Needs a timing belt and tires. Other than that, we're good to go. I love this body style and good gas mileage. Cup holder in front is kinda silly, but that's it."