2012 Honda Insight

8.4

Based on 141 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

The Honda insight has one perpose

By on Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pros: "great looks, great at the pumps, ITS HONDA"

Cons: "not enough power, to spongie"

"the insight is a lot of fun on the inside and looks sharp from the out side. we left from lake tahoe the other day and made it to san diago on $60 and that is all the way to the port for our cruise. this car isnt the best road trip car i must admit. the driver seat is shaped a little odd for me. ( im 5'11 @190lbs) the paddle shfter is fun long as yer not going up hill. the poor little 1.3 just doesn't have the power for the mountains.out on the hwys though the car is awsome on gas! this is its bread and butter. it is a comuter car. the handling is way to soft. Eibach makes a spring kit for $200 that is more than worth the money! and having a set of tires for summer driving would best 205-40-r17 or r16"

2012 Insight EX no NAV, practical, Fun, gas sipper

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "Bluetooth, Price, fuel, style, reputation, Fun2drv"

Cons: "USB only works with thumbdrive or IPOD, add more."

"I must admit that over the years I have grown to appreciate the core qualities of Hondas and I realize that there are tradeoffs in life. (One major trade off when it comes to cars is the more moving parts you have typically the more problems you have). I have owned Chryslers (Jeep Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee (both receive a failing score in my book because of Chrysler / Jeeps failure to fix known commonly reported issues model year, after model year)), Hondas (Accords, Odyssey (passed)), and Mercedes ((failed) should have never merged with Chrysler, quality suffered) and I have driven a lot of Fords, GM’s Hyundai’s, etc… as rentals. But when all things are considered I am always drawn back to Hondas. Not that they are perfect, they have issues with engine mounts from time to time. But because they are reasonably priced, the service and repair cost are reasonable and they are reliable and generally comfortable. I think that the most important thing that you get when you purchase a Honda is knowing that they listen, and respond accordingly when things are brought to their attention. With my new Insight I did hear a whistling noise when driving between 60 and 70 MPH and when I went back to the dealership the service guys acknowledged that there was a service bulletin out on that (trim at the top of the windshield need some more glue) and they fixed it and provided me with a loaner. My other car is a 2009 Mercedes Benz R350. What more can you ask for?"

Insight Base

By on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"Let me start out with this is a Hybrid, if you are expecting a sports car like drive forget it. This car is all about great gas mileage if you drive it like it was designed. I bought this 2011 Base model because I was new to hybrids and did not want to spend more then I needed to to see how I would like it. Let me say, I am very impressed with the way this car handles, is put together, and the mileage I have been able to get so far a respectable 51.8 MPG by the MPG gauge. The car handles better then a Prius and is slightly smaller but does not get as good as mileage as the Prius. But in my case was 6500 dollars cheaper then the Prius 2, I was looking at. Do yourself a favor and test drive both, compare prices and make your decision. Can't go wrong with a Honda! I would buy this car again I like it so much."

My Insight has been problem free and a GREAT value

By on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pros: "Value, Gas mileage, power ,room with hatchback"

Cons: "no cruise control, light interior gets dirty quick"

"Other than missing an armrest compartment and no cruise(LX model)I'm thrilled with this problem free car-even without the EX models slip diff- with 4 Blizzaks I went thru the snow with no problem in upstate NY's lake effect snowbelt. plenty of power to pass, and 43ish mpg to boot (a little lower with the snow tires on) I leased this car but will probably buy it at lease end, so I can continue to avoid the repair shop!!!!! The hatchback is soo roomy I moved a clothes dryer in it(hatch wasn't closed)"

Great Gas Mileage

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"I've had this vehicle since 09/2009 and I can honestly say it is the best vehicle that I have ever owned! I've had luxury cars with the leather interior and moon/sunroofs and by far this a way better purchase. I had done my research on purchasing a hybrid vehicle and was stuck between the Insight and Prius. After much thought, I decided on the Insight and it has delivery 3 fold. The est EPA of 40/43 is way under estimate. I mostly put 20 highway miles to and from daily and at the end of 2 weeks, I still have 1/4 tank of gas left. I've done the calculation myself so not to trust the car's calculation on the dash and just like it states, I'm getting 50 miles per gallon!! Also this is considering that I drive in Miami traffic and can't really hypermile like others may in other cities. Also, I find it worth considering that this vehicle only has about 10 gallons to fill in comparison with the Prius's 13 while still getting the same amount of gas mileage. Personally I way prefer to have a smaller gas tank with the same amount of mileage. At the end of the day, I would want to have the extra cash in my pocket rather than prepaying for an extra 3 gallons of gas. If Honda can make an even smaller gas tank and higher gas mileage ... i.e. 7 gallons and 60 miles/gallon ... that would be even better!! The seats do take a little getting use to. In particular, if you're a female that likes to pick up her hair the head restraint will push your head forward and not allow the extra space between your head and ponytail! I make it a habit to not pick up my hair in the car. Also, in the beginning, my body would feel a little tired from the trips, maybe because of the lack of stuffing in the seats, but it's amazing how your body gets use to it. It's really not that bad. Oh yeah, and if you're thinking of carrying 4 adults in this vehicle I would highly not suggest it, as it may be uncomfortable for your guests. Though this can be an obvious con, the pro is that you're go-to excuse can be that you don't mind driving but that everyone might be uncomfortable in your car as it's a little packed in there. You'd be surprised how quickly you won't be the driver for any occasion and hence save yourself even MORE gas! LOL. Enjoy!"