2011 Honda Insight

8.4

Based on 141 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Love it!

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "good price, runs FOREVER"

Cons: "Blind spot, WORTHLESS cup holders."

"Great little car. I get 47-54 MPG ALL the time. I find that the ECO mode is only good for the HWY makes my MPG go down on hilly country roads. Cup holders are WORTHLESS and it does have a bad blind spot on the pass. side but you get used to it. Great car for work and school not recommended for busy parents running high school kids to sporting events with lots of gear."

Solid buy

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "relatively cheap, fun to drive, fuel efficient"

Cons: "no frills, can get cramped for bigger folks"

"All hybrids basically get compared to the Prius. In my experience the insight is cheaper, better looking, and funner to drive. Not to mention that it gets better mileage depending how you drive it. It's smaller, and pretty spartan when it comes to features, but it's got a simplicity and feel that I found superior. The dashboard is not that fancy but it has a very simple fuel economy indicator, when you're driving efficiently the speedometer is green, inefficiently it's blue. I've found that to be a great driving trainer, so far I've been able to keep my MPG around 52 in the summer and 47 in the winter. It's a smaller car, and I'm a tall guy, so there's little room for backseat passengers. Overall I'm very happy with it, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, cheap hybrid."

A Great Car with One Major Exception

By on Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Pros: "Looks Great! High Quality Feel. Navigation/Camera."

Cons: "IMA - Integrated Motor Assist - Horrible."

"Overall this is a very nice car. It looks great. I like the sharp wedge design, the chrome and blue accents, the wheels, the color (bright red). The interior materials and ergonomics are very good. The navigation system is mostly very good. I have only one complaint about the music file player and that is that clicking the forward and back (track) buttons do not work the way they should. If I double click the back button I should be at the beginning of the previous song. But I am not. The major complaint I have about this car is the IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) system. It is horrible. If I had drove this car before I bought it I might have re-considered. Once they put the Earth Dreams engine into this car, it will be fantastic! I am hoping that happens soon. I say, spend a little more and get the new Accord Hybrid. The Earth Dreams engine seems to be a vast improvement over the IMA."

MPG dropping

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

"bought a 2010 with 37k on it. No problems so far, generally pleased with it. I do not undersatnd how so many reviews boast over 50 MPG. I have not seen better than 40, using computer and actual. lately dropping to 35 per computer, right after an oil change!! Use eco mode always. I wonder if something needs tuned up on mine. Dissapointed BC bought it mainly because I wanted to get at least 40 mpg."

Great Value

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"We have bought this 2010 Honda Insight brand new and have put in 22 k miles on it. Its is fantastic on gas. Extremely reliable. Some hints of "economy" in the interior but otherwise nicely designed inside"

fuel efficient to a point but uncomfortable

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "reasonably good fuel efficiency, good handling"

Cons: "uncomfortable ride"

"This would be a great car for a flat, southern locale (e.g. Florida). Fuel efficiency is bad for hilly terrain and decreases by about 5 mpg in winter. For a 50/50 street/rural highway combination, the mpg was about 46 mpg (rural locale). The car is uncomfortable for long trips, sprung very hard. However it does handle nicely."

I love this car!

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Great mpg, looks good, fun to drive"

Cons: "Interior noise a little high"

"Over the past year and a half, I have gotten between 44 and 48 mpg. I check the mileage every fill-up. This car has helped me learn to drive more efficiently and effectively. It's fun to drive...it actually corners better than all of the Civics I ever had. (5 of them.) If you want the good fuel economy, you need to learn to drive it correctly. If you're a pedal to the metal person who still wants 45 mpg, this isn't the car for you. I'm a big fan of trying to do my part for the environment...and along the way, I'm saving a ton of money on gas!"

good transportation

By on Friday, April 22, 2011

"owned the lx Insight for over a year. Quality is exellent and gas mileage has averaged 53mpg. Not the most comfortable car and you'll be in the back of the pack most of the time but if what you want is good cheap transportation you don't have to work on every other weekend, its for you."

Good gas milage

By on Monday, March 21, 2011

"We had a Prius but because of the SCARES we traded it in for the Insight. "It ain't a Prius" We really liked the Prius, this Insight can't compare. It was a few dollars cheaper. We wish we could go back, now that the stories have all been proven FALSE. Unfortunately the cost would be too great."

The best car for the money

By on Friday, March 4, 2011

"Got LX 2010. Doing 50 miles per G. Little noise on Highways and may get tired driving long hours. But for City it's just perfect! Considering today's gas prices - the car is the Best Buy!"

Perfect for 2-3 person family

By on Friday, March 4, 2011

"The Good: Great gas mileage (even in the winter I am getting 43.0), comfortable, reliable, hatch and foldable rear seats adds a lot of cargo room, good looking, surprisingly roomy front seat (my husband is 6'3" and is comfortable). The Bad: Small backseat, seals on the roof can easily come off during an automated carwash (I was told that Honda is aware of the problem and the seal was replaced at no cost to me). This is the perfect car for a 2 or 3 person family. In the winter I get about 43.0 MPG and in the summer 45.0 MPG. Anyone who gets less than this is driving too heavy footed. I would say you could get much better than 43-45 MPG if you tried your hardest to keep the meter color green all the time."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Great car. Had for 2 months. Put 5500 miles - average is 49mpg. Better than Prius!"

Very reliable vehicle

By on Saturday, October 23, 2010

"I bought Honda Insight 2010 about eight month ago. I love this vehicle, and it very reliable. The gas mileage is excellent. For my average daily commute: work, and school, I got an average of 46 to 49 mile/gallon. The only bad thing about this vehicle is the interior space. It does not have comfortable space as my old Honda accord, but I can live with it because I usually have only one or two passengers anyway. I hope this would help."

Very nice Hybrid

By on Monday, September 20, 2010

"Owned since Feb. - saved a ton of money in Gas (Avg. about 45mpg without trying). Great car!"

Best Car

By on Monday, September 20, 2010

"I have seen one of the best Honda model in car industry. Ver nice immedeate pick up, when you drive at the 90 or 100 MPH speed you feel that your car speed run on 50 MPH. Very smooth running. Devdatt"

Great on gas but bumpy ride!

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "Great on gas"

Cons: "A very bumpy ride!"

"This car is great on gas and handles well but is a very bumpy ride and you feel every and I mean every bump and crack in the road! It would probably be a good car for a kid or for local travel, but annoying on longer drives. I would not buy another one but will miss the wonderful fuel milage!"

One year old

By on Monday, June 14, 2010

"Insight is good on gas and easy on the wallet. Not good choice for taller people commuting long distances. Uncomfortable after long commute. Noisy on Interstate. Good pep in Sports Mode. Like the features and design of the car. Driver seat is comfortable just not enough leg room."

Good Car, Not my favorite.

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "good gas milage, easy to drive, fun car."

Cons: "put together poorly, not a mountain car."

"I have had this car for 2 years.. going on 3 years. I have always really enjoyed it for the most part. I have had some problems with the cosmetics of the car. Also the car is not the best in snow and living in Colorado this is an important thing to me. The car is comfy and is nice for saving gas. I had to put heavier tires on my car so it would perform better in the snow so I actually don't get the best gas milage out of the car anymore. It annoys me that the car does not have an alert for when the window washer fluid is getting low. All in all it has been a pretty okay car. I would suggest this car for someone in high school or someone who lives in warmer weather, like California for example."

Great urban car

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "confortaable, convenient, economical"

Cons: "under-powered for general travel"

"The Insight is a great city car, but too severely under powered for general travel, especially in hilly/mountainous country. It needs a bigger engine and should have used the Toyota Prius transmission model. Otherwise it's a great little car. PB"

If you hate it, don't buy it as will last forever.

By on Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pros: "Probably cheapest car too own."

Cons: "Where is the fun?"

"My 2011 Insight base has 212000 miles and not a single problem other than normal wear and tear. Averaging 48mpg over life of car. Build is so solid as if car was molded from one piece. Nor squeak nor rattle of any kind. Car has been cheap to maintain. Oil changes come about 12k. Serpentine belt changed at 200k. Brake pads and shoes also lasted 200k. Oem tires worn out at 30k. Replacement Ecopias lasted 100k. I use Nitto SN2 winter tires, excellent traction over frozen stuff.. Battery still strong. Cvt still sliky smooth. Now the bad. Eight, yes eight spark plugs on 4 cylinder engine only pricey maintenance at 105k and 210k. Handling like driving in mud.Car cant even hold a straight line. Slow slow and slow. Above 65mph engine makes a racket. Cramped interior especially back seats."

Highway milage 52 mpg

By on Monday, May 4, 2015

Pros: "Like that mpg"

Cons: "Driver blind spot"

"Wanted good mpg and got it! Averaged 52.3 mpg Spokane to Seattle via North Cascades highway. Around town 38-42."

<3 my insight

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

"I am in love with this car so far. It is so comfortable, it drives like a dream, and it is beautifully designed. I am always being asked why didn't you buy a prius? Well, for one, the prius looks like it has a crooked nose, and two its alot more expensive. I love the half leather half recycled cloth interior, i love the custom mats that I got with it and the mud protection add-ons (especially for Oregon). I really like the hatchback design. I've never had one, but you can fit an army in the back. My dog does not fit in the back however, he hits his head haha. So i purchased a Dickies back seat cover to protect my backseat from him. The inside is so nice and the comfort level is through the roof. The only thing I would say is that it is a little bit complicated trying to figure out the controls. Such as resetting the oil life indicator. Having trouble with that but I will figure it out!!!"

Bought as a commuter vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, sporty appearance"

Cons: "Back seat headroom - [the dog fits, nobody else..."

"I'm ecstatic. I was promised low-mid 40's MPG; I'm getting 55 MPG avg, and up to 62 MPG [depending on traffic conditions.] I like the interactive dash screen; it helps me to further economize in real-time. In my former vehicle (Saturn Ion), I filled the gas tank at least every 6 - 7 days. In the 5 weeks I've owned my Insight, I have only been to the gas station 3 times (and one of those was just to top-off about 3 gallons"

Gas Saver

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pros: "gas saver"

Cons: "interior quality"

"When I was car shopping I was not looking for a Hybrid. It found me.Made it from Jackson,MS to Houston Tx on 3/4 of a tank whats not to like."

Outstanding value

By on Friday, November 19, 2010

"I Have owned 12 Hondas over the years and have loved every one of them. This one is no exception. I have a lot of driving to do both city and highway and this vehicle adapts very well at a very low cost to anything you throw at it. It is not a speed demon, but it is good looking, reliable, very inexpensive to operate and comfortable. The technology is terrific and you can't beat the price."