2011 Honda Insight

8.4

Based on 141 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Can't find a new car I'd trade for

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "It's a happy car and has few flaws."

Cons: "Driver foot discomfort."

"Except for the intrusion of the tunnel onto the driver's foot position and somewhat lumpy seat, I find the car very comfortable. It's adequately powerful, handles almost like a sports car when the tires are properly inflated. Fuel economy is quite good. It has averaged a bit over 42 mpg for the total miles, and almost 44 mpg for the past thousand. Uses no oil between changes and revs happily to 6,000 rpm or more."

Very Happy I got one!

By on Sunday, April 3, 2011

"I did some research on the 2011 LX insight before purchasing and read about ride harshness and slow acceleration. So, when I went for a test drive, I wasn't expecting much but, turned out being very pleased. I've had the car for two weeks now and have no problem merging into traffic, or on the highway and it is very comfortable; like a Civic or Fit. My first tank was 42.5 mpg, without really trying and have read it will only get better. Another surprise, the stereo is really very good!"

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, April 23, 2017

Pros: "Gas mileage, brakes, ride, well laid out inst. pan"

Cons: "No auto on for headlights"

"This is our 6th Honda along with 4 Lexus that we have or currently own and this is the best car we have ever owned. (and we are old and have owned many cars) When we bought the car, the dealer told us that we would get better and better mileage as the car got more miles on it and he was absolutely correct. We started out getting 38 MPG and it is now up to constant 45 - 47 MPG. I drove a whole tank of gas at 45 miles per hour and got 53 MPG. The mileage is great but not the best thing about this car. The best thing are the brakes. Original brakes lasted 80000 miles and are the most fantastic, soft, smooth, unswerving, fast stops I have ever experienced in a car. I was worried that the new brakes would be different but the new brakes, put on by the dealer, were exactly the same, just plain fantastic brakes that will never fail you. Both my wife and I take this car over the Lexus whenever we go some where as it is such a pleasure to drive and park. The navigation system is very easy to use and very accurate. We use it all the time, even to find locations just a few blocks away in areas we are not familiar with. As you can tell - we love this car."

not to impressed

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "roomy"

Cons: "not designed well to work on at home"

"For those do it yourselfers who don't have all the garage tools: there is no good place to jack the car up. You just plain can't from the front. Frame seems weak even to jack it up under the doors. Inside is alright though. Lots of room in the back. I've heard of people getting a lot better gas millage but I seem to only be able to get about 46mpg. I got it for the buy price but I think I should have went Prius."

Owned 2 of these Excellent car, avg 42 mpg each

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "great price; great car; reliable; 42 mpg"

Cons: "one all door locking sw; no moon roof option"

"PROS: Fun car; comfortable enough for 4 average people (Im 6'2"; better value than Prius (I can drive a LONG way on price difference); style beats even 2011 and earlier year Insight, many compliments; have gotten 56 mpg on long trip from Lancaster to Palmdale with no tail wind, but average is 42 mpg otherwise; typical Honda product meeting all expectations CONS: tires are narrow, drive ok but wear quickly, hard to find, and are expensive - predict 50,000 mile replacement; early roof trim departing problem was apparently finally solved in late 2010 - 2nd car no problem, but first had trim peel back or departures 7 times; no moon roof option; no lock/unlock switch on passenger side and typical Honda door lock is not intuitive for any passenger to date; air dam below front bumper (common with many newer cars) is low and prone to scratching/damage"

By on Sunday, September 26, 2010

By on Tuesday, July 28, 2009

High Maintenance

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Easy to handle, pretty comfortable car"

Cons: "A commuters nightmare.."

"This car feels good on the road, but eats tires like candy. It also is an oil burner. In addition, it does NOT get the mileage that it is rated at. It gets no better gas mileage than a non Hybrid car. Maintenance is constant and expensive."

Love the gas mileage..Sporty style is fun 2 drive

By on Friday, December 4, 2015

Cons: "Tire pressure changes when weather drops below 32*"

"My all time favorite car to own. I've owned in the past: Honda Accord (2), Volvo Wagon (3) and an Xfinity Qx4 and the Honda Insight is the one I would rate overall as number one. This car has it all. The gas mileage was a huge selling point and I average about 45mpg. This car is sexy and sporty and I love driving it. The Soccer Mom days are over and this car better reflects my personality now that my kids are grown. I am conscious about the environment and still young at heart having fun driving my Honda Insight. it's almost embarrassing to admit how many winks I get at stop lights from much younger men (LOL). If they only knew what I look like behind those "Foster Grants", it's the car they car attracted to and when I catch them starring at the car they are thinking "im a sexy chick driving a sexy car". That is true but I'm smart too because this car will pay for itself with the money I save in gas."

Downer

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2014

"MPG way overstated. Transmission is like riding an old mule"