2010 Honda Insight

8.4

Based on 140 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Insight Base

By on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"Let me start out with this is a Hybrid, if you are expecting a sports car like drive forget it. This car is all about great gas mileage if you drive it like it was designed. I bought this 2011 Base model because I was new to hybrids and did not want to spend more then I needed to to see how I would like it. Let me say, I am very impressed with the way this car handles, is put together, and the mileage I have been able to get so far a respectable 51.8 MPG by the MPG gauge. The car handles better then a Prius and is slightly smaller but does not get as good as mileage as the Prius. But in my case was 6500 dollars cheaper then the Prius 2, I was looking at. Do yourself a favor and test drive both, compare prices and make your decision. Can't go wrong with a Honda! I would buy this car again I like it so much."

economical hybrid gives good value for cost

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "price, mpg, quiet, comfortable, peppy, stylish,"

Cons: "little rear seat room, no toys, need snow tires"

"A very basic car as far as toys are concerned; but car is quiet, has great city and highway mpg, holds a lot in the hatchback, gives driver good all around visibility, especially to the rear; seats are comfortable in front, tight in back; drives okay in snow except it slides on icy streets; snow tires recommended for snowy city driving."

The Honda insight has one perpose

By on Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pros: "great looks, great at the pumps, ITS HONDA"

Cons: "not enough power, to spongie"

"the insight is a lot of fun on the inside and looks sharp from the out side. we left from lake tahoe the other day and made it to san diago on $60 and that is all the way to the port for our cruise. this car isnt the best road trip car i must admit. the driver seat is shaped a little odd for me. ( im 5'11 @190lbs) the paddle shfter is fun long as yer not going up hill. the poor little 1.3 just doesn't have the power for the mountains.out on the hwys though the car is awsome on gas! this is its bread and butter. it is a comuter car. the handling is way to soft. Eibach makes a spring kit for $200 that is more than worth the money! and having a set of tires for summer driving would best 205-40-r17 or r16"

2012 Insight EX no NAV, practical, Fun, gas sipper

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "Bluetooth, Price, fuel, style, reputation, Fun2drv"

Cons: "USB only works with thumbdrive or IPOD, add more."

"I must admit that over the years I have grown to appreciate the core qualities of Hondas and I realize that there are tradeoffs in life. (One major trade off when it comes to cars is the more moving parts you have typically the more problems you have). I have owned Chryslers (Jeep Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee (both receive a failing score in my book because of Chrysler / Jeeps failure to fix known commonly reported issues model year, after model year)), Hondas (Accords, Odyssey (passed)), and Mercedes ((failed) should have never merged with Chrysler, quality suffered) and I have driven a lot of Fords, GM’s Hyundai’s, etc… as rentals. But when all things are considered I am always drawn back to Hondas. Not that they are perfect, they have issues with engine mounts from time to time. But because they are reasonably priced, the service and repair cost are reasonable and they are reliable and generally comfortable. I think that the most important thing that you get when you purchase a Honda is knowing that they listen, and respond accordingly when things are brought to their attention. With my new Insight I did hear a whistling noise when driving between 60 and 70 MPH and when I went back to the dealership the service guys acknowledged that there was a service bulletin out on that (trim at the top of the windshield need some more glue) and they fixed it and provided me with a loaner. My other car is a 2009 Mercedes Benz R350. What more can you ask for?"

My Insight has been problem free and a GREAT value

By on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pros: "Value, Gas mileage, power ,room with hatchback"

Cons: "no cruise control, light interior gets dirty quick"

"Other than missing an armrest compartment and no cruise(LX model)I'm thrilled with this problem free car-even without the EX models slip diff- with 4 Blizzaks I went thru the snow with no problem in upstate NY's lake effect snowbelt. plenty of power to pass, and 43ish mpg to boot (a little lower with the snow tires on) I leased this car but will probably buy it at lease end, so I can continue to avoid the repair shop!!!!! The hatchback is soo roomy I moved a clothes dryer in it(hatch wasn't closed)"