2002 Honda Insight

Based on 82 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Wonderful car

By on Friday, April 22, 2011

"This car is amazing. I bought it used and have had no issues to date. The fuel mileage is unbelievable! I drive mostly highway in my daily commute. I take it easy on the accelerator and routinely average 71MPG on regular 87 octane gasoline. I own a 5 speed manual and the acceleration is more than sufficient. If I get into the gas and drive it aggressively, my mileage will "drop" to around 60MPG in combined city/highway driving. The interior is surprisingly roomy for such a small vehicle. I am 6'2" and have plenty of headroom. My only complaint is that the car does not come with tilt steering. However, because the steering wheel design allows for easy viewing of all the gauges, lack if tilt is only a minor annoyance. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to save significant money on fuel costs."

unbeatable

By on Saturday, January 22, 2011

"owned since new. lifetime mpg is 48 under all driving conditions. It still looks new.. corrosion will never be a problem as it's aluminum and plastic. replacement batteries appear to be a non-issue. snow tires render it unstoppable. I was looking forward to the CRZ, but all things considered I think I'll just keep this thing forever !"

love this car

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"this is a sports car that gets 50 plus mpg. my favorite car...ever!"

Incredible MPG

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"2001 blue manual transmission, 65k 58mpg lifetime. I have put 30,000 miles on it since i bought it and have brought the lifetime mpg up from 52 to 58 so far. I routinely get 75mpg. My record is 82mpg driving from Akron to Dayton (200 miles). My wife usually gets 65mpg (lead foot). I am 6'3" and the car is more than roomy enough for me. Although the ride quality is poor, it gives it a very sporty feel. It is actually very responsive and fun to drive because of it! I have not modified the car, and I see no reason to do so given that it already gets such great mpg. I will note the engine that comes with the manual transmission is different from the automatic. The automatic does not have lean-burn mode, therefore the mpg will be slightly less (55-65), but still amazing!"

unbeatable

By on Sunday, February 10, 2008

"while individual drivers skill and the variations in individual commutes will result in variation in mpg.... the Honda Insight WILL get better mpg than any other vehicle ( except PHEV ) over the same drive, when averaged out over a year. This is a collectors car aluminum body ( very rare )... 150,000 mile Honda warranty on the Hybrid parts... car can easily be modified to run without the NiMH battery if you are over 150,000 miles and it wears out. Mine is a 2000 , standard, with AC and over 115,000 miles... only issues have been normal repairs for any car and repairs from being hit by another car. I have had after market improvements added... but the car is rock solid stock... If you want a boat that you never feel the road... this is not the car for you... if you like a more sporty road feel you'll love it."