2001 Honda Insight

Based on 82 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Reliable, quick, efficient

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

"Great commuter vehicle with considerably more room than expected. Drove form Boston to Chicago and back on less than two 11gal. tanks, at 80 MPH most of the way, with my wife. We were comfortable- (We're both under 6 feet) Averaged 59 MPG on the trip. Everyday average is 54-55 MPG with 60% highway. There is a Blizzak snow and ice tire for this car. It changes the car from 3 to 4-season instantly."

Excellent Car

By on Sunday, November 18, 2007

"Wonderful experience since owning this very economical auto. Purchashed new in 2001, vehicle currently has 125000 miles on it and we have had very few problems with it. POOR ABS system though and poor in deep snow, great 3 season vehicle> we have averaged 55.4 MPG overall."

Best car ever

By on Sunday, November 4, 2007

"This is the best and most satisfying car I have ever driven. I get 75 mpg on the highway if I keep it at 55 mph, and it is the most maneuverable car in the city. It is very well made and a great car. Too bad people are afraid of buying such a little car."

Best commuter in the World

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"This is the Best Commuter Car in the World. Reasonable price, peppy, comfortable, great climate control and last but not least Fantastic mileage at nearly 60mpg over 80,000 miles of use on freeways and in town in Southern Calif. Top speed (observed) 109 mph. Top mileage, 75 mpg. Reliable with great service; cheap to own."

It's a keeper

By on Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"Many people think a hybrid in general may be sluggish. I have had a couple of tickets with this car. I drive it and it performs like a race car. I get an average of 46 miles to the gallon. When I drive nicely though, I have gotton up to 69 mpg on long road trips. I love it. People always ask, "yea but does the savings in fuel really offset the extra price". They are not taking in consideration the very main fact of why it was designed and that is to curb pollution. My honda insight is the only car I know that doesn't stink."

Insight Hybrid... The Best

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"Bought this 2000 Insight used 4 1/2 years ago (2/2003) and it hasn't had a moments problem. Gas mileage will easily average 60+ and the ride is amazingly good for a car this size. Perfect for work commute or 2 people on a weekend trip. I have absolutely no complaints."

Fantastic Car

By on Friday, April 20, 2007

"Delivers on every avenue; terrific mileage at average of over 61 mpg. Good power, excellent storage. Outstanding reliability. Will definitely buy another for my fleet and recommend to everyone as a very responsible, practical auto for today's commuters."

Best commuter car period.

By on Monday, December 19, 2016

Pros: "Mpg, reliable, and simple."

Cons: "Limited space, hard to find parts, and boring."

"I bought this as a commuter car and it has not failed to live up to that purpose. After 270k miles the engine is still going strong and averaging above 50mpg. It is hard to find parts at local auto discount stores but if you can find one at a good price and need a car just for commuting, it does get any better than this. It's not a car you drive for fun, vacation, etc... It's excellent at what it was made for....Commuting to and from work..."

Great daily driver

By on Friday, November 18, 2016

Pros: "fun to drive,5speed,capable of burn-outs,alum body"

Cons: "rattles, firm ride, cat conv expensive,"

"We own two '01 Insight's, both with 5 speed manual gearbox. We use these as daily drivers and they are fun to drive. Replaced batteries with upgraded bumblebee cells and have had zero problems. Added IMA boost and current hack to one car. Surprisingly quick off the line with lots of electric torque. No traction or stability control so very capable of doing burn-outs with a strong battery in manual gearbox cars. We get mid 60's in the summer and low 50's mpg in the winter. When it's real cold mpg's will drop into the upper 40's. In winter we run 13" Honda VX rims mounted with 155/80-r13 snow tires. Skinny tires with tall sidewalls give outstanding performance in the snow and help prevent wheel damage from pot holes. Aluminum body also doesn't rust making it ideal for winter salt. Some people laugh, but we've had numerous notes left on windshield from people wanting to buy. Firm ride and some rattles, but otherwise a great car. Limited number of production means most repair shops know little about this car's unique engineering features. Probably best owned by those who are capable of doing their own work. Excellent forum and enthusiast support."

I am just sad they changed it.

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Economy rocks, comfort even for 6'4" is amazing"

Cons: "they dont make them any more"

"I drove the new Insight and about cried, nothing as cool as this little car for comfort and economy. So sad that this model I wont be able to replace. Do not plan on getting a new car until this one totally dies. I love it!"