2010 Honda Fit

Based on 310 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Worst car I have owned for years

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"This car was so bad I tried trading it in the same day but the depreciation was tremendous so I tried selling privately. Not a lot of demand this way but finally got rid of it for a loss of three grand but I lost the sales tax advantage which was about $1200 so it still cost me about $4500 for around three months of unpleasant driving. Strong points were gas mileage and cargo space. Worst issues were handling and air conditioning. Cannot understand reviews which claim fun to drive. My first and last Honda. Also the dealer experience was very bad."

Very dissappionted

By on Saturday, January 3, 2015

Pros: "great gas mileage, great utility usage of space,"

Cons: "service problems, paint fading"

"I thought that this would be my last car to purchase knowing that Hondas are reliable or that's what we are told. I have enjoyed this car until recently. After 5 years and only 27000 miles, I have had several repairs. The most notworthy was the ac fan motor had to be replaced last year. However, now the paint is fading on the hood and top, even with the sealant which was purchased. I do keep it in garage. I have had to replace the tires and battery. It is having rattle issues of late. It does bottom out very easily and you have to be careful at low spots. It has a lot of road noise, I cannot hear the phone. This is not the car's fault, but I have had several near collisions, side swipes, lately. I am not sure if the car cannot be seen,it is red, because of the small size or if folks are not paying attention. However very good gas mileage, better than advertised. Very good utility useage of space. I do like those features. I am sorry to say I would not buy this car again."

Most troublesome car and company I have ever dealt

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Visibility"

Cons: "See above"

"The Honda Fit shares a big problem that honda Civics were having between 2008 and 2010. Owners complained that their batteries died all th time. I have to trickle charge the car evey other day to kep it from not starting an dhaul aroun da battery recharger, unless I want to keep paying for AAA to charge it for me. Honda says that the car must be driven, which doesn’t fit my lifestyle. An devery tim eI do wan tto use it it won’t start! Honda is no longer willin gto go to BBB arbitration for any of its cars. It also makes it almost impossible to have regular service work done at a non-dealership. The Fit has good views forward, side, and aft, an dfeel sroomy. The ride is extremely bumpy. Hitting a pothole feels like one has entered the Grand Canyon. Get the Yaris or Scion xd instead. Toyota is a straightforward company and their cars ride beter. And they are less expensive."

Big Mistake!!!

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "look, handles well"

Cons: "space, wipers not working, acceleration"

"When I first got it I thought it was ok but the longer I've had it the more I hate it. The wipers have had to been fixed twice now as they are touchy when it comes to cold weather or sitting overnight and not wanting to work I also found out that you can't just go by wiper blades they have to be ordered from the dealer due to their special angels (shape) which is awesome for spending way too much money on. Also I found out that many of the fits have to have the wiper mechanism replaced if you go thru the dealer it's 250 bucks. I never should have bought it but thought it was a good idea at the time for gas savings until my two little kids are constantly going back and forth due to the size of the car which makes more some stressful drives not much room even when you lay the back seats down for cargo space which was misleading to say the least when I bought it. However, if you are a single person or just a couple this would probably be a good car if you have kids definitely not!"

Love this spunky, fun to drive, economical car

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pros: "responsive, great on gas and fun to drive"

Cons: "A bit unstable in windy conditions"

"I bought the car in July '13 after trading in my old car. This little car is responsive, great on gas and fun to drive. I don't put a lot of mileage on it, about 350 miles/month on average so it's perfect for me. It did wonderfully on a 850 mile road trip and I'm delighted with it. The only downside is that stability could be better in windy conditions."

Gas Mileage Nowhere Near Advertised

By on Thursday, June 2, 2011

"I just bought a Honda Fit in order to save on gas and get a lower payment than my Civic. My Civic averaged around 25 mpg. The advertised MPG for the Fit is around 28 city. I've had a few fill ups now and I'm only getting 20 MPG!!!! What is going on? I've been driving this car very carefully making sure that I don't do fast starts/stops, etc. If this continues, then I'm going to demand my money back or a replacement."

great mileage, easy to drive.

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "in expensive to drive 37mpg. $9000 cash"

Cons: "has 4 cup holders, and plenty of room for grocerie"

"Great little car, I'm looking for a used pick-up as I need the hauling space for my dogs.I have never had an ounce of trouble with it. roomy back seat."

By on Thursday, July 30, 2009