2009 Honda Fit

Based on 306 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Superb Little Car

By on Saturday, September 3, 2016

Pros: "Great handling, stereo, and reliabiity"

Cons: "Interior materials could be better"

"After going through many American model cars and trucks I took the jump and said "what the heck" I am going to go with trusted reliability. I checked all the reviews and bing, bang, boom, I was driving a 2009 Honda Fit Sport. I got the five speed manual only because they gave me a great deal, but to tell you the truth I'm glad I did. If you can get past the plastics in the dashboard components, there is really nothing not to love about this car. I get 35-40 miles per gallon(can't help but love that). I love the navigation and I-pod, I-phone hook-up neatly tucked away in an extra glove box compartment. Other regular glove box as well. Plenty of nooks, compartments, and drink-holders. Easy to read dashboard that tells you miles per gallon, tire pressure monitor, oil change sensor, tachometer, and the other usual readouts. The 160 watt premium stereo(AM/FM CD player)comes with every adjustment you would ever want plus fast forward and reverse and has 6 speakers around the car to boot. I've had many, many cars and it sounds better than 99% of them. Consumer Reports rates it all red dots(outstanding),with the exception of the climate control system. Don't believe it. It works great. Of course it has cruise, power windows, locks, intermittent wipers, tilt and telescopic steering wheel(leather), and great interior lighting. The "magic" back seat is cool, folding up to offer additional space. The storage space under the back hatchback is more than ample. I have carried 3 bikes in this car. You can't beat that for a subcompact. I have had no problem with traction or driving in snow with this car. At 65,00 miles the only thing I have had to do is get new front brakes, new tires, and change the oil. No, it doesn't have a backup camera. No big deal, just look. If you could complain about anything it might be the weird positioning of the passenger side wiper. It just looks weird, it works just fine. Also, a note; this car has the more expensive Dunlop Sport 16" tires. They are great for ride and traction but they are a softer tire and wear out quicker. I would opt for the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max or the Michelin Premier A/S. They are a little more expensive but will last twice as long. I found this out after talking to several mechanics and tire store personnel."

I am buying this car now that my lease is up.

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "great car for price; great mpg, easy to park"

Cons: "needs a front passenger arm rest"

"This is a great car for driving around town, commuting to work and running errands. I get 35 mpg in the city. My husband is a tall guy and he fits in it comfortably. It can carry big items and groceries. It can seat 4 very confortably. I love the look of the car although it is less interesting in the boring neutral colors. (Mine is red and it still looks new after 3 years.)"

This is my second FIT

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "mileage, reliability....and 2 glove boxes!"

Cons: "would like a center console"

"I traded in my 2008 FIT Sport with a bit over 98,000 miles and not one problem - only spent money on maintenance and changed the tires at about 60,000 miles.I have a long highway commute and averaged nearly 45 MPG. I traded for the 2012 FIT Sport - currently about 4800 milea and I'm getting about 38 MPG - hoping it will increase after a few more miles. Obviously, I love the car -it's comfortable, I enjoy the drive and don't think I could get a more reliable car for the money."

A perfect car for music lovers

By on Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pros: "Great versatility"

Cons: "No sunroof"

"I absolutely love my Honda fit. The car handles really well, has good pickup, and lots of space. I have the base model with cloth interior, and it's really nice and sharp looking. The dash glows a beautiful blue and shows avg mpg and oil life, which I really like. The car has 11 cup holders..11! My favorite are the ones on the dash, so I can drive and to the left of the steering wheel i can put my drink/ phone right at reach. Thy are deep too, to prevent spillage. Moving in this car was a dream, i could fit so much in. A whole surfboard will fit! My favorite feature of the car is the music choices! There is an upper glove box on the dash thats hardly noticable with a USB plug for an iPod. I leave my iPod constantly plugged in. With the touch of a button, I can go from the radio to a cd to a song on my iPod.. I frequently switch between these from song to song. Sound quality is great. My average miles per gallon is 29.5, my car lets me know :)"

I love Honda!

By on Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "weaker side of an a/c system"

"Blows my mind when I see a bad review. Oh to WA person you can dim the intrument panel! turn the tripodemer dial! lol This is a great car!!!! I got this car with 0 miles. Took an trip from maine to pa the next weekend. Drove fantasitic averaging 35 driving 75! Normal driving if I drive good I average 38 to 42....yes if you practice meticulus driving habits no higher than 55mph, slow accelleration etc. you can achieve above 40. Though I put a roof rack on so it has decreased for me. Overall quality of the car is great! Fun to drive and I love the space inside given the fact I had a Pilot I traded. I do agree that the a/c could be stronger so lets hope honda improves that. Anyhow hands down love this car I love Honda!!!!"