2009 Honda Fit

Based on 312 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Reliable and simple transportation

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pros: "Head room, reliability, controls, visibility"

Cons: "Small gas tank, cheaper looking plastics"

"Cons: A bigger gas tank would be nice. Some plastic fit has small gaps. Exterior for my base model is a bit bland. A little noisy cabin but better than some older Hondas. Gas mileage suffers considerably due to aerodynamics at higher speeds. In my experience using the average gas mileage computer and calm wind conditions: 55mph = ~45mpg 65mph = ~40mpg 70mph = ~37mpg 75mph = ~33mpg 80mph = ~28mpg Pros: Excellent head room front and back. After 19,000 miles no repairs need. Easy to use controls. Good visibility. Good amount of space for cargo with seats down. Ride is pretty comfortable. Regular maintenance interval is between 7000 - 9000 miles, which saves time by not having to visit dealer/shops often."

Love it so far

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "better than expected MPG"

Cons: "Don't care for power windows, door locks, USB, etc"

"Bought mine new for $17,000 or so with tax and license, 5 speed manual. I've had it for 1 1/2 years and only have 7000 miles on it, use it mainly for city/country driving. Getting 38-40 MPG, was more like 34-36 at first. You can "Fit" a lot into it with the rear seats down. Very happy with my purchase! If I had to find a complaint it would be it's a little noisy from inside...and of course there's not much power there, but seems to take the mountain passes OK. Freeway driving MPG drops to around 35."

Great gas milage, great car.

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "I get 37.5 to 38mpg between fill-ups"

"I traded a 2010 Fit Sport for the 2012 Fit. My only regret is that I didn't get the sport this go round. 2014 will be the Sport again. Love the stereo, I have 53 Albums stored in a thumb drive that's tucked out of the way in the glove box (it can hold lots more)"

great to have a honda hatchback again.

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "great gas mppg; nimble to drive; great space use"

Cons: "no door sill or bumper sill guards."

"This is a great comeback car for Honda. I have been looking for a 4 door hatchback to replace my'90 honda civic. I have the 2009 sport automatic. I wish a few things were standard -- as this is meant to be used to haul stuff -- like rear bumper guard and door sill guards. Also I miss not having a little storage bin near the drivers door for things like change for tolls and meters. I would be happy to exchange one of the cup holders for a small enclosed bin."

Love this car - a lot of fun!

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Economical, styling, practicality, fun to drive"

Cons: "Use caution on windy days!"

"Actually I own 2 Honda Fits: a pre-owned 2009 Sport M/T with 47K miles I bought for my son, and a new 2012 Sport M/T I bought for me. So far, both are fun to drive, economical and reliable. I put winter wheel and tire packages on both but here in upstate NY have not yet had a chance to see how the Fit handles a good snow storm. I have a sense it will do fine. My only criticism for both cars is the somewhat twitchy handling. I like the responsive steering, but on bumpy roads the ride can be a bit rough. Most disconcerting is the handling at highway speed if there's a stiff cross wind, or being passed by a big truck, or worse, both. Reminds me of my '71 VW Super Beetle when crossing the NYC metro area bridges. Talk about white knuckles - you really need to pay attention in these conditions. Despite all this, I really like this car: while it may not be near a sports car like category, it is truly fun to drive!"

Plain Jane

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "lots of interior room and cupholders"

Cons: "no power, very basic interior and no gadgets"

"The car has no power, road and engine noise is quite loud. no modern technology features. The back seat storage options are cool. It can hold a ton of stuff for such a small car. I routinely get 36mpg highway."

Best Car I have ever owned

By on Friday, March 18, 2011

"I have a 2010 Honda Fit Sport and I am totally happy with it. This was a big change for me as I have normally owned larger more expensive cars including some european ones. Never a HONDA! Was that a mistake. I can honestly say that these cars have a reputation that is very much diserved. This car runs beautifully, is very comfortable, has amazing utility, efficiency and reliability. I am very happy with my overall mileage averaging 32 MPG in mostly urban/city driving. The moment it gets on the highway that number shoots up. My best tank was on a long distance trip, we go up to 39 MPG. What more can I say...... Thanks HONDA for a wonderful car!"

Ready for gasoline hikes...

By on Friday, December 3, 2010

"Ride a little noisy, but handles well. Lot's of visability from inside. Stylish and suprisingly built to be small but with a lot of interior space. I believe Honda was focused on fuel economy while not taking away a very stylish look. I'm using this strictly for work and around town. I'll probably beat it up with miles on it, but took an extended 120,000 full front to back warranty for an extra $32.00 a month from the dealer. This includes roadside assistance and towing. Received 24 months of free oil changes. I'm 6-2" and headroom was fantastic. Again...if you're looking for fuel efficiiency this is the car. Power? enough to zip on the roads and keep up with the best of them. I'm on a tight budget with this vehicle and I feel it will meet all expectations of fuel economy."

By on Thursday, August 12, 2010

"Excellent vehicle for cost, excellent mileage. Suprising room inside and many complements from riders. No regrets on purchasing this vehicle only wish we'd purchased the sport model. Would have liked cruise control."

Great car, good balance of features

By on Friday, July 30, 2010

"Honda hit the nail on the head with this car - perfect for the commuter and getting around; not so much for the long haul comfort, as road noise and firm seating compromise comfort. Good sportiness for a $16k car, and very well controlled handling with good steering feedback. Awesome utility for such a small car. Bottom line, love the car."

Love it!!!

By on Monday, June 21, 2010

"I loved this car since the beginning. Now after my first big car accident (T-boned), I can say that the Honda Fit road control performance saved my life, (it was a total loss); therefore, as soon as I can, I will replace it with another Honda Fit =)"

Very well built

By on Thursday, February 4, 2010

"Six months, not one thing wrong. Solid as a rock. suggestions would be for radio controls on steering wheel, slightly better quality cloth on the doors and a little more umphhh from the engine. Other than than that, a very good high quility built car, inside and out."

Nice car for money

By on Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"We have had this car for less than 6 months and it currently clocks in at 27000 miles we have had it since 7 miles. Only 4 oil changes so far and thats it, very easy to maintain always get about 37 mpg mixed driving. Very nice interior seats fold up or down can haul way more than you think. I am 6'3" and 300lbs and fit in it no problem lots of headroom. The only thing it needs is a center console standard."

Rare find: 2013 low mileage Honda Fit, lady-driven

By on Thursday, August 10, 2017

Pros: "Stable at high speeds and low speeds."

"2013 white Honda Fit in perfect condition; loads of space, comfort, reliability. Low mileage, marvelous gas efficiency, lady-driven and well cared for. Very low mileage: 21,020. Base Trim. Hatchback and four doors. Great design, comfort, and convenience. Drives safely in all weather."

Good little car

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "fuel economy, price, comfort, head room, cute, A/C"

Cons: "color options, no Bluetooth base model"

"Great on gas. Love the MPG feature, helps you see in real time how your driving affects gas mileage. I can get 39 MPG easily if I drive 55 and take it easy. otherwise averages 33-37. Comfortable seats. Easy controls. Family friendly. Feels safe and responsive. Small visors, however, do not block sun coming in from the side if you are of shorter height."

Suprisingly fun daily driver

By on Sunday, May 4, 2014

Pros: "Fun. Fantastic utility. Sips fuel. Reliable."

Cons: "Not the cheapest or best value in class."

"This is the car I've driven for the past several years as my daily driver. I've found it to be a trouble free ownership experience, so far I've done nothing but the recommended maintenance, no surprise expenses. The fuel economy has been decent for it's class, usually in the low to mid 30's in mostly city driving with occasional highway. I probably have more of a lead foot then most. I would definitely have preferred the manual, but since my wife was gonna be driving it... The paddle shifters are an ok substitute for an actual shifter, though on the handful of times I've taken it to the track the paddles can be hard to find and slow to react if you pick the wrong gear for a corner, easy to do with the lack of torque. But manage to keep the revs and momentum up and it feels pretty quick. The handling has been adequate, nothing to blow you away even on extreme performance summer tires, but the steering feel is pretty amazing for a front wheel drive car. It goes where you point it with very little of the vagueness you get with most of the cars in this class. Storage is also cavernous for the class due to the clever packaging of the rear seats."

plenty of room, great gas mileage

By on Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pros: "roomy, fuel efficient, reliable"

Cons: "road noise"

"This car has plenty of room for the whole family: two adults, two kids, dog, beach stuff, shopping bags, or even all of the above. Versatile back seat, overall storage maxes out to the equivalent of a mid-sized SUV. Now in the 4th year of ownership and I've still had no mechanical failures. All the stuff still works, and here's what I use a lot: window up/down, cruise control CD player, MP3 player, back seat fold, A/C. It used to get combined city/hwy 33+ mpg, lately it's been getting 32+, and we're talking regular 87 octane gas. It's a true gas sipper on the hwy, I live in FL with lots of straight, flat roads where it gets 44-48 mpg when there's no wind. If you want low total cost of ownership, this is your car. Around town it can get 52 mpg at the right speed/gear. You lose your mpg efficiency on acceleration b/c it has enough power to pull into traffic."

I am in love with my car

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Functional, gas mileage, hatch back, compact"

Cons: "Center console power source location"

"My car is named Brad Fitt and I am in love with it. WHY I BOUGHT IT: I bought it new in 2010, 2 years ago, as my first car right out of college. I wanted something that had AC (simple.. I know.. but still an improvement to what I was driving before), good on gas, had USB for my mp3 player, nothing fancy. I wasn't going to go with the Sport edition at first just to save money but with the key's unlock button being better for insurance cost, I went with it. I'm so glad I did because it does look cooler than the standard edition. FUNCTIONAL: This was my very first car I bought on my own and as an engineer, I'm all about functionality. I LOVE the hatch back. I can never own a car without one ever again. My boyfriend likes to brag about his sleek convertable but when it comes time to pick up some gym equipment, guess what car is needed? Good old Brad Fitt! Oh yeah, and I can fit in those "Compact Only" spots. Score. GAS MILEAGE: I'm so grateful for the gas mileage. I live in the suburbs of NJ so there are a lot of busy roads full of traffic lights but a lot of interstates, too. With that mix, I get about 33 mpg. 1 GRIEVANCE: My one pet peeve about the car- There is an outlet in the center console right behind a cup holder. I used to have a cell phone that needed one of those car chargers and whenever I had to hook it up, I could not fit a cup in the cup holder. I mean, how hard would it have been to place the power source on the side a little?? Silly.. but this is the reason I'm giving Design: Interior & Exterior 9/10. SUGGESTION: I've had dogs, grills, and other things that make a mess in the car but it is really easy to clean. I recommend buying the custom Honda Fit floor mats and trunk mat. They fit like a glove and make me a lot more relaxed about possible messes."

handles good, decent power, good fuel economy

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "space for 6'1" driver to stretch out"

Cons: "mild road noise, not worth skipping car over"

"31000 miles and still runs like when I bought it. spacious rear hatch ( an over full shopping carts worth of groceries)and still haul 4 people. With the rear seat folded there's even more room. good dash layout, cup holders everywhere. car is rated at 33 hwy, I usually get that, have driven "conservatively" and gotten 37 mpg. (this is actual mileage divided by gallons of gas used, not what dash says)"

Great car, not perfect

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "MPG, cost of ownership, dependability"

Cons: "visors, dash display control, noise"

"I love this car. I get close to 42 mpg most of the time going back and forth to work. The conveniences make the car a pleasure to drive. There are a few minor things I don't like about the car. First is the visors, I drive south and east in the morning so the sun is either on the driver side or in front. That means I drive west and north in the evening. Again the sun is on the driver side or in front. I find the visors to be be totally worth less. I get cooked constantly because the visors just do no good. The control for the dash display is behind the steering wheel. So its a pain if you have change the brightness or look at stats while driving. The car is also a little noisy. Both engine and road noise are quite prevalent. I have driven the car 34000 miles in its first year and I had to replace a tire at my cost ( no road hazard) and a broken fog light. Lens breakage not covered under warranty. Other wise normal maintenance costs. No timing belt to be replaced at 50k, that will save me a little on maintenance. Over all a very good dependable car, and cost effective. Well worth the price."

AWESOME LITTLE CAR

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"The handling is amazing for an econo car and since it is blue my wife calls it a TARDIS. I cant beleive how huge it is inside and Im 6'3" 250 lbs and have plenty of room. The back seat is large and the flat folding cargo area is amazing. The mpg is great I always exceed the EPA estimate and I am averaging 35 . A little light on power but the engine is smooth and responsive. Only down side is stong cross winds make it a little skittish and definitley need tint or the a/c will work full time to make up solar load. This is one exceptionally well made and great driving little car!"

Great car with crazy storage space.

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

"Great car with crazy storage space."

This car is awesome.

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Best Value, Awesome"

Cons: "Looks like a mini-minivan"

"There is no car out there more fun to drive and a better value than the Fit. Check your ego at the door, and go drive one."

Quality econobox

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "Great mileage, surprisingly peppy but not fast."

Cons: "A bit noisy at speed, seats are econobox but OK."

"I've owned multiple Honda and other cars, including BMW. The Fit is good value for the cost, but the interior is par for an inexpensive car. The seats are OK although firm, but I'm also used to sports cars that have stiff suspensions and supportive, rather than comfy seats. I'm 5'10" and 196 #. The Fit is zippy off the line and easy to dart through traffic. You won't be racing anyone though. There is not much sound insulation, so road noise at highway speed can be excessive, comparable to a raised cloth convertible top (think Jeep). Driving in mixed city/highway with sporty starts and stops, I average 31mpg. In highway trips, closer to 43 driving 5-10. With all of the seat folding combinations, it has ridiculous amounts of space. Due to the raised configuration and four doors, the rear seats are functional for adults. I went in with the intent to get the automatic but liked driving the manual better. 2009 Sport manual."

Almost perfect

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "fun drive, roomy, good resale value, easy handling"

Cons: "noisy and weak on uphill"

"i just bought 2012 BASE Fit, and i am very happy for the price i payed. Two things that's bothering me though, 1st issue, when you drive on highway, it's noisy, even Honda said they enhanced acoustical feature in 2012 model, it's still noisy. 2nd issue, weak on uphill, but i guess that's the same for all the small cars. Overall, good resale value, fun driving, roomy."