2009 Honda Fit

Based on 306 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Can't beat this little guy

By on Thursday, September 22, 2016

Pros: "Cargo space, sound system, navigation, fun"

Cons: "High performance tires wear out quicker"

"This car is value, reliability, practicality, and fun rolled up into one. I bought the manual 5 speed sport with navigation, premium sound, wheels, traction and stability control. I love the fingertip as well as voice activated radio controls on the steering wheel. The stereo in this car is amazing. The navigation screen beats sitting an I-phone down next to you any day. I was pleasantly surprised at how much cargo space and driver room I had in this car. Also loved the monitoring system with miles per gallon , trip odometer, oil monitor, tire pressure monitor etc. Power windows, mirrors, and doors as well as a rear window defroster and wiper. I have had no problems in the snow either. I really have no complaints on my Fit and look forward to driving it 200 thousand miles."

Comfortable, responsive & fun to drive

By on Monday, June 6, 2016

Pros: "good price, fun to drive, great storage space"

Cons: "OK gas mileage, a little noisy"

"The car is fun to drive. Has all the amenities you might want in a small car. No service needed in 2 years except for oil changes. No service needed in 5 years on the 2009 Fit previously owned."

Most reliable car I've ever owned

By on Friday, June 3, 2016

Pros: "Bullet-proof, fuel economy, cargo, handling"

Cons: "a bit loud on freeways, slightly stiff ride"

"My first new car was a 1977 Accord (the second year there was an Accord). I've now owned nearly a dozen over the years and this 2009 Fit is actually the most reliable and probably the best. Fuel economy is FANTASTIC. All day, every day she gets 35+ MPG and regularly 40+ on the interstates. We ordered every option available at the time and will shortly be getting a new 2016 Fit with the addition of leather interior and moonroof. Value is the name of the game with this car - unmatched by anything in it's class (or probably ANY class). Two small repairs - both under $80 and one recall on the A/C which was no cost to us. Just change the oil, new tires and brakes - that's it. The Fit is the ideal car for a new driver with excellent outward visibility, wonderful handling (think a 5 door Miata) and great crash tests ratings. The amount of things you can carry with this car must be seen to be believed. It's actually only slightly smaller in cargo that our 2003 CR-V. The only improvement I'd suggest would be additional sound insulation (done on the new model) and additional gears (no more 5 spd., new one will be a CVT). My wife actually wants the new 2016 Fit over a Lexus RX-350. I know they are not even remotely in the same class but I mention it to indicate just how satisfying a car this really is. If you can find a one-owner used Fit with decent mileage - just buy it!"

Pretty Decent Little Car

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, price point"

Cons: "AC issues, navigation system"

"This is a great little car for driving around the city and gets great gas mileage. However, because it is an extremely lightweight vehicle one should know that it takes special attention when driving on the highway in excessive wind as it will be easily blown around. Additionally, as the car sits quite low, it makes navigating in snowy conditions a bit tricky and any small stone can kick up underneath the car and cause damage to the AC hose making repairs costly (speaking from experience). We primarily drive the Fit in the spring thru fall months and it is taken in for all planned maintenance and oil changes so imagine our surprise when we had to take it in at around 20,000 miles (less than 5 years old)for a navigation system issue to find that we are staring at a charge of between $900-$1,000 to fix. If we had to do it over, we would not purchase this vehicle with the navigation system. We have owned numerous Hondas over the past 30 years and have never owned one with as many issues as the Fit but it is a relatively decent little car for getting around the city and for the price point."

"FANTASTIC car" !!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage !!!!!!"

Cons: "couldn't afford leather/no locking door 4 gas cap"

"I bought this car new and loved it from the start !!!! During the winter, (very little A/C use) I am getting between 35-35.7 mpg. combination city/hwy. During the summer I am getting 32-32.6 mpg. The best I've gotten was 40.5 mpg on a trip to the Longview area from San Antonio and back. I drive 60 mph when the limit is 65 and 65 is the fastest I drive even when the limit is 80 on the toll roads. I can't believe, but am THANKFUL, for the GREAT gas mileage !!!!"

Great value, outstanding mileage, fun to drive

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "36 MPG avg, versatility, build quality, fun"

Cons: "somewhat cheap upholstery"

"I've had my 2012 Fit Sport for about 45 days now. I use this as my commuter car as I work in outside sales, so it has seen some good use. Mileage is significantly better than stated on MSRP, I've been averaging about 36 mpg combined with over 40 regularly on highway trips. While a bit underpowered, it is a subcompact with a small engine so you have to expect that. Transmission does a good job of keeping the best combination of economy and speed. I have the automatic with paddle shifters. They're sort of fun but I find myself not using them all that often. Versatility and cargo capacity are excellent. Fold flat rear seats make for a lot of room--great for home projects and trips to home depot. The "magic" seats in back are pretty clever, too. While the ride doesn't compare to my MBZ C230, it's a lot of fun to drive and the suspension is accomodating, quick and competent. For such a tall car the body roll is very controlled in spirited cornering. Radio is fair. Controls are laid out in typical Honda fashion, meaning everything is where it should be. Interior upholstery seems a little cheap, though. Other build materials are good. Exterior fit and finish is outstanding. Overall a great value. Way more positives than negatives and the interior roominess is impressive. Fuel economy just keeps me smiling in this time of $3.90/gal gasoline. I grin everytime I fill up and look at the fools in their SUVs spend $100 to fill up."

Perfect car that looks little but can hold a lot!

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Lots of interior room, great gas mileage"

Cons: "No arm rests on the seats for base model"

"The Honda Fit is great on gas mileage, small, and sporty. The car looks small on the outside but has plenty of head room for taller people as well as plenty of leg room for all. I tested how many boxes the car could hold with the seats down and I was able to fit 16 regular sized boxes in the car! The traction control is great for driving on steep curves in the mountains. The only complaint I have is that the base model doesn't come with arm rests which makes it difficult on long road trips. Overall it is a great car that gets 35 MPG on average and I only have to change the oil every 8,000 miles."

If Im gonna buy another car I will get another Fit

By on Monday, July 11, 2016

Pros: "Greta Price, Fuel saver, SPACE"

Cons: "?"

"It,s incredible spacious, you would not believe what I had loaded in my car, I use it as a family car and I use it for my business, I've being able to load 42 Boxes of 14"x10"x10" full of Flyers, Brochures, Roll Labels and Custom Packaging. I don't need to rent a Pick up truck in Hole Depot to transport Boards, Doors, Cabinets, Counter Tops, you Name it. In the city it makes 37 mpg, in highways 40 or more, we go everywhere in this car, I love it"

Great little car

By on Friday, November 8, 2013

Pros: "Good on gas, easy to park, it FITs"

Cons: "No auto climate control"

"It will go 400 miles on less than 10 gallons of gas at 55 to 60 mph. The AC and heat needs more work to be right, always haveing to adjusting the temp up and down and there is a noticeable draft on the door panels when its cold out. I would still recommend this car"

My 2013 fit

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "good price,great mileage,spacious,good city drive"

Cons: "very uncomfortable car,under powered engine"

"I bought this fit couple of months ago. I have a base model. The best thing about this car is that it is very spacious.You can fit almost anything to it. But at the same time it is very uncomfortable for long drives. It's very very good for city driving and 1-2 hours drive on level surface.It struggles to accelerate (a bit) on uphill. But if you are looking for a daily commute car or for city driving go for it and yes you can just fit it into ANY parking space !:) So far , I like it."