ZIP code

2009 Honda Fit

Based on 308 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

I have 2012 Honda Fit Sport

By on Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pros: "I like the price the quality an the Dealer"

Cons: "Needs rear dic brakes"

"This is my second Fit I had 2010 it was great but loud road noise. Had it for two years. Then my wife saw 2012 Fit with a new color . We traded in for $4500 difference the 2010 had 40k and need tire . Was very happy with the deal . The 2012 is much improved less road noise steering is better an you cannot beat Honda service my local dealer is just great"

I love this car!

By on Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, great gas milage"

Cons: "small, hard to see in parking lot."

"I bought it new in 2009 trading in my Honda CRV, I was worried about changing from a SUV to a compact car, but it drives ilike a bigger car in its visibility and interior. It maneuvers Luke a tiny car which makes it fun and easy to drive. I haven't had any repairs required, its been perfect."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pros: "easy handling, great value, lots of space"

Cons: "slow acceleration"

"I purchased a 2013 Fit Sport, the first car I've ever bought myself. I haven't had it very long, but I am in love with it and I use pretty much every opportunity I have to drive it. For a small car, it's very roomy on the inside and it's perfect for a single, young person like me. The car is very zippy and fun to drive, and I am averaging around 37 mpg. I love the hatchback style and the fold-down back seats provide plenty of extra room. But I think my favorite feature is the USB port, which is new to me since my old car was a 1998. I can just leave my iPod hooked up and change the songs with the steering wheel controls, and I don't have to worry about syncing it with a radio station like I used to. The speaker system is also fantastic; the volume automatically adjusts itself according to how fast you're going. I'm not a car expert so I can't say much about the mechanics of the car, but I will say that the pickup on it is much slower than I'm used to, probably because the engine is so tiny. I wasn't able to strip down the price much. The MSRP was $18,700 and I bought it for $18,350. Still, the monthly payment is very affordable and Honda's got such a good reputation, I think it was worth every penny."

70,000 Mile review

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage Versatility Magic seat."

Cons: "No leather seats"

"In 2 years we have put 70,000 miles on this car. The versatility of Fit blows away any other small cars. Gas mileage is better than ratings. 34/city 39/highway. Planning next years road trips. there is some trade offs underpowered on mountain roads. Not the smoothest ride. My favorite is Magic back seat in tall mode. This thing is so roomy only trouble was power steering failed after 3000 mile road trip. There are cheaper cars but I don't regret owning a Fit."

Not the perfect car, but good purchase

By on Monday, May 23, 2016

Pros: "Good mpg, fits a ton"

Cons: "Struggles to pass, merge. Hard to find parts."

"I bought this car used in 2014 with 42k miles on it. I had researched the heck out of it and had initially ruled the Fit out because of serious complaints about wind resistance/difficulty keeping it on the road at high speeds. When I took this car out for a test drive that is the first thing that I tested. Maybe it's because the '09 is bigger than its predecessors or because of the exterior sport styling of this particular vehicle that alters how it handles but this is an issue that I found to be non-existent. I happily bought the car the next day. The "Fit" really does do just that-I have stashed all kinds of stuff in the hatch by laying the seats flat (essentially making it a 2-seater car for months at a time). From a full 7 pc. drumset to a recliner to ten 50 lb. bags of mulch, etc. this car takes it all with no complaint. It handles well and delivers a fun ride with very little troubles. Do not be duped by the "sport" handle, there is very little sportiness about it, especially given that the engine struggles mightily up hills or with more than 2 adults in the car. Gas mileage is great- avg 34 mpg combined. Some complaints: interior is hard cheap plastic, seats can be uncomfortable if driving for more than 4 hours, A/C unit was quite bad when living in hot, humid NC. Unit would go in and out of cold air/warm air even when cycling inside car, having all appropriate knobs turned, etc. Also A/C knob, volume knob for stereo gets very hot to the touch for no reason. Gas light comes on about 50 miles too early. One of the bigger complaints I have is that for some reason, every car part is abnormal, small and hard to find. Don't expect to easily pick up a new battery when the old one dies-most stores don't carry this particular size. Had to change out a tire recently and due to the unusual size had to pay twice as much for the tire itself, not to mention that no store in the region carried it. Had one shipped in, paying more for that too. So, not the perfect car with a fair amount of negatives but still enjoying my purchase."